Runtastic FINALLY works with Tizen

Search This thread

jonboyuk

May 24, 2007
South West UK
About time I'd say, but just to say (even though it's not on the Runtastic change log), version 5.2.1 finally works with Tizen!

646CLYt.jpg

No hanging screens anymore.

That said, it's still not in the official Samsung app store for the Gear, so download it here (from gav83collins thread).

Good news, it's all finally official for the Gear now. Runtastic have updated the app on the Samsung store too, so just update everything and it will be working. Runtastic also told me that the lite version will follow soon, so keep an eye on the store.

The Samsung watch store is FULL of stuff now, it's crazy!! :)

Last edited:

delpiero223

Jul 22, 2011
I tried to install it, but got an error saying "app not installed". Bought it at Samsung Store just to fix it and didn't work either. No way also with newest pro version from Play Store. :(

delpiero223

Jul 22, 2011
Ok, I don't even see the runtastic pro in Store (Note 3 German), so that appears to be the problem. :D No way to sideload the tizen app file?

rochester

Dec 15, 2007
That's weird! Definitely fine for me. Installed Runtastic Pro to the watch first. Then Pro to the phone. That was it.....working!

i have installed the ripped widget in the apk on my Gear.
when i launch it, i prompt BT connection need to phone. im trying to install Runtastic on my Sony (which connects to Gear well).
does it have to be Samsung phone? any non-Samsung phone works?
thanks.

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
i have installed the ripped widget in the apk on my Gear.
when i launch it, i prompt BT connection need to phone. im trying to install Runtastic on my Sony (which connects to Gear well).
does it have to be Samsung phone? any non-Samsung phone works?
thanks.

It will works also on non samsung phone. Just flash tizenmod 3.0 first and then the apk from the thread linked some post up. I made also an modded runtastic apk that take your screen always on.

Source: i use it with my lg g3

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
Right all, see my first post, no extras needed anymore!!

No go! Have Tizen and using TizenMod 3.0 by Skin1980 (running fine). Of course, I have, under apps, the icon for Runtastic app on both phone and Gear, but in Gear only see Runtastic logo/ blue-green picture screen...Have done all what you described...no change in Gear display screen though and not showing any exercise progress...

Skin1980

Nov 25, 2009
No go! Have Tizen and using TizenMod 3.0 by Skin1980 (running fine). Of course, I have, under apps, the icon for Runtastic app on both phone and Gear, but in Gear only see Runtastic logo/ blue-green picture screen...Have done all what you described...no change in Gear display screen though and not showing any exercise progress...

What version of runtastic pro have you installed?

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
What version of runtastic pro have you installed?

Version 5.2 - which specifically asks to set up smart watches Gear, Sony & Pebble. It's running fine on my S5 and confirmed on Gear as an app, but all I get is a non-executable color Runtastic screen after I tick its icon.
When I click the app on my Gear, it opens the runtastic screen on my S5. BUT, Nothing else on my Gear Screen.
Help - Please! Thanks...

Last edited:

Skin1980

Nov 25, 2009
Version 5.2 - which specifically asks to set up smart watches Gear, Sony & Pebble. It's running fine on my S5 and confirmed on Gear as an app, but all I get is a non-executable color Runtastic screen after I tick its icon.
When I click the app on my Gear, it opens the runtastic screen on my S5. BUT, Nothing else on my Gear Screen.
Help - Please! Thanks...

Have you tryed to uninstall-reboot-install the gear app?

Reactions: axel06

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
How did you get it going, like sequence of opening/ sequence of installing, as well as version on Gear plus Android phone !? Thanks in advance...

Two apps need to be installed. Here they are. The smaller is the Android side of the Tizen-based watch app. I didn't do anything special; just installed from Play and Samsung Apps. The phone s/w has to be "Pro." It doesn't work with the free app.

Reactions: axel06

axel06

Sep 10, 2010
Chappell Hill, Tx
Two apps need to be installed. Here they are. The smaller is the Android side of the Tizen-based watch app. I didn't do anything special; just installed from Play and Samsung Apps. The phone s/w has to be "Pro." It doesn't work with the free app.

Thanks - my Runtastic Pro is 5.2 - should be ok to run with the Gear version 3.0...but it's not working on my gear, other than opening Runtastic on my S5 (when tapping on Runtastic screen on Gear) and seeing the Runtastic home screen on my Gear...Nothing else...guess they do not want me to run, eh!?

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Holy Shaving cream!!!

I just went to the Samsung app store and searched for Runtastic pro and it was there!!!!

Downloaded and it works perfectly...No rooted gear necessary, completely Tizen stock!

I already have the paid for Pro version on my phone (Galaxy Note 2 with D3 rom, build prop set to s5)....

My life is now complete!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When it works, it works...

Help - Please! Thanks...

Have you tryed to uninstall-reboot-install the gear app?
    How did you get it going, like sequence of opening/ sequence of installing, as well as version on Gear plus Android phone !? Thanks in advance...