Camera FC: "Warning: Camera Failed"

Search This thread

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com
Anyone else receive a Camera Failed popup as soon as you open the camera app? I get this now and I cannot use the camera at all.

Here is what I have tried:
- Force Stop, Clear Data, Clear Cache, and Clear Defaults
- Clear Cache Partition in Recovery
- Factory Reset through Settings
- Factory Reset through Recovery
- Installed 3rd party camera app

None of these have worked. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kilroy1stcav

Apr 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I had that happen to one of mine. Did you install, Instagram or snapchat? I contacted Samsung and they had me doo all kinds of things the Las they had me doo was preform a hard key reset which is didn't then a factory reset, so they say, they say it errors everything like brand new no trace of anything, here are steps if you want to try them, it didn't work for me,I am going retrain device fir a new one, but might work for you.

Here are the steps on how to perform Hard Key Reset on your device. 1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery). 2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key. 3. When the device vibrates; release only the Power key. 4. When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key. 5. Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power key to select. 6. Navigate with the Volume keys to Yes-delete all user data option and press the Power key to select. 7. After user data deletes, press the Power key to reboot system now.

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com
Yeah I tried the factory reset through recovery... it was a no go. So after all this I still haven't gotten the camera to work. What's really strange is after all this testing I thought I'd try another third party camera (pudding camera)... it allows me to use the front camera, but as soon as I switch to rear it goes black then fc's if I hit the shutter button.

I'm thinking I just have a bad camera. I think that i have done everything possible to eliminate the possibility of fault by software.

Luckily I'm still within 15 days to return to best buy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lilsalmon

I had this happen to my GS5 last week after using it for about 5 days.

- I cleared app cache and data.
- Factory reset with SD card in
- Factory reset with no SD card
- Factory reset without adding my Google account in and went straight to the camera.

All no dice. I took it back to Best Buy mobile and their Samsung Experience Rep Flashed the factory binaries from an image (something similar to Odin) Factory reset. Still camera failed in the camera app and any app that uses the camera. IN fact if you try to open the camera in any other app like messaging etc. etc. it will force close that specific app and cause you to clear cache in said app.

Samsung tech said it was definitely hardware related and promptly gave me a new phone.

There is another thread here in Q&A with others experiencing the same issue. Either a bad batch or something larger is looming.

FWIW. It worked fine for a few days...

-Lil

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Here is the other thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2724354

I am hoping this isnt a larger issue than a few bad 'apples'. Pun intended :)

-Lil'

rushfanx1

Jan 3, 2011
I am having the same issue.. Tried all of the solutions mentioned. I had to have Verizon order me a new unit.. Wont ship until 4/24..

kilroy1stcav

Apr 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Tried to return my release day S5 today because of bad camera at the Verizon, but couldn't the store told me it was the 5th one today they got in for the same reason, so it looks like we have a huge problem on our hands!I have to wait for them to get a shipment of new phones in to get a replacement, they noted my account just incase it goes over the 14 days.

superbalde

Mar 11, 2010
Flashlight app camera fix

I have this issue on my note 3. I temporary "fixed" it by installing a flash light app and turning it on then off. I wonder if that'll work for the gs5

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
Just curious, anyone having this issue also happen to switch to ART instead of Dalvik?

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
Annnd thankfully I didn't win that Ebay Auction. Will wait until July for new contract and less Headaches. Hope those affected get the phones fixed.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
This would be huge IF no software solution. Hopefully it is a bad batch and not an issue with the design and impacts all devices.

I guess I can forget a 32gb Verizon version now. They will not add additional models until they figure this out.

Top Liked Posts