T-Mobile software update - not Kit Kat

Search This thread

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
Didn't see this posted so I thought I'd share. I bricked my phone and used the LG Mobile Launcher upgrade recovery. The software it installed ended in g, not c. Don't know what it fixes, but zoom breathing is still present while recording a video.

2013-12-18-01-53-16.png

Reactions: stevessvt

prking07

Oct 8, 2008
levittown
May look the same, but could be different. We need to check.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
Ive tried twice now to update and it keeps failing. Im stock unrooted. It downloads and gets to 70% then jumps to 100%, phone restarts and on the phone gets to 4%. Then the computer says it cant continue the upgrade and to restart the phone.

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
Any ideas whats different?
No clue. I searched online, but only turned up a couple of websites that said there was an update coming out.

Can you extract the modem please?

How do I do that? I'm no longer rooted after unbricking my phone. ioroot says to root only with shipping rom.

is this NOT an OTA update? I just did an update check and it says I'm up to date... 80110c
Not on OTA. I used the LG Mobile Launcher to get the update after bricking my phone.

Ive tried twice now to update and it keeps failing. Im stock unrooted. It downloads and gets to 70% then jumps to 100%, phone restarts and on the phone gets to 4%. Then the computer says it cant continue the upgrade and to restart the phone.
I followed the instructions in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471370&highlight=unbrick and it worked for me. I was stock rooted before bricking my phone.

Last edited:

prking07

Oct 8, 2008
levittown
Still havent rooted Howie? If you get to rooting let me know so you can extract modem.

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
Still havent rooted Howie? If you get to rooting let me know so you can extract modem.

Not yet. Do you think ioroot will work? That's how I rooted on d80110c. Is there another root method that will work with any stock rom since ioroot says it's only for the shipping rom? I'll try later tonight as I don't have 45 minutes right now to go through the upgrade process should I brick my phone again.

Last edited:

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
Bah,....d80110G's is too.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

kernel is newer, from Nov 27, seems snappier to me.

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

yeah, I don't think they did anything to the camera. It still has that annoying breathing issue with the focus. They might have fixed the Knock Knock issues some people were having with the screen not coming on consistently. I haven't noticed that I have had to double tap multiple times for the screen to come on so far.

Reactions: sylviofurtado

tslagle13

Apr 1, 2008
How long?

How long did the process take? Mine seems to get stuck at downloading software everytime. I don't get a status bar at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this should work to disable the notification and prevent the update from d/l'ing, but, you will need root and seperate software. Going to test it myself now and will update shortly.

It was originally written for the Nexus 7, but, the D801 uses Google Services framework for updates also, which is why we can't just 'freeze' the update app like you can on other carriers. The original post was made here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2429820

Here is how I disabled the upgrade prompt on the Nexus 7 grouper wifi 4.2.2 - You of course need to be rooted.

Get Autorun Manager from the market - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....autorun&hl=en or http://goo.gl/xdLmO

Launch Autorun Manager, select Advanced mode.

Click the wrench, check off Show system entries and Enable system app disable.

Click the refresh icon to reload the process list.

Search for "systemupdate" and open the Google Services Framework entry.

Uncheck com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$ Receiver

*For me, this was the very last one in the list under Google Services Framework*

Reboot your *phone* and be nag free.

Edit - Market update notifications for apps is functioning normally.
    Didn't see this posted so I thought I'd share. I bricked my phone and used the LG Mobile Launcher upgrade recovery. The software it installed ended in g, not c. Don't know what it fixes, but zoom breathing is still present while recording a video.

2013-12-18-01-53-16.png

yeah, I don't think they did anything to the camera. It still has that annoying breathing issue with the focus. They might have fixed the Knock Knock issues some people were having with the screen not coming on consistently. I haven't noticed that I have had to double tap multiple times for the screen to come on so far.

Update: Unfortunately problems starts to appear as I use the phone.