[MODEMS] I9305 CWM Flashable Modems

Search This thread

txr33

Jan 17, 2011
QLD
We don't have a thread with our modems in a flashable zip so here is a list of Modems I have got a hold of for the I9305

If anyone has any others feel free to add to the thread

Link To All Modems

What modems I have at the moment

I9305

BUALI6

DXALI7

XXALI5

XXALI9

XXALJ2

XXALK2

ZHALI2

AEALK2

XXALI7 (Thanks flydutch)

XXALK3 (Thanks flydutch)

XXBLL3

XXBLL5 (Thanks AndyCr15)

XXBMA2

XXCMB2

XXBMC1 (Thanks Kinmach)

XXBMD1 (Thanks djembey)

XXBMD5

XXBME1

BVBMF1

I9305T

UBALK2

DVALI5

DVBLL3

UBBMB2

DVBME1

I9305N

XXALI8 (Thanks MrPontus)

XXBLL1 (Thanks MrPontus)

XXBMC2

Flashing Instructions

Download modem
Put flashable zip on sdcard
Boot into recovery
Flash modem file
Reboot

Last edited:

dirtyfrog

Feb 20, 2009
At the risk of invoking the XDA idiot seeking missiles - are all of these modems "safe" to try on any network?

I'm on T Mobile UK, and suffering horrendous connectivity problems when I am at work. Eager to try out a few modems to see if I can lock onto a better signal, but I'm sure I read something once saying that T Mobile require specific modems because of something particular to their network?

MrPontus

May 14, 2009
Stockholm
is it a good or bad idea for me to flash one of these modems?

I have the GT-I9305N (LTE 900/1800/2600)

my current modem is I9305NXXALI8

edit: I flashed and it seems to work ok :)
edit2: 4G and 3G broke, only have "E" now and a ****ty 0.05Mbps... :(

Last edited:

_ray_

May 7, 2009
I did some testing and found the best modem for my phone. Thanks again OP

Syndikat0508

Nov 24, 2012
great!
thx txr33. good chance to test several modems for me.

maybe a short overview could be useful. just to see which modem offers best connectivity in which countries.

usedr

Dec 25, 2010
Reutlingen
maybe a short overview could be useful. just to see which modem offers best connectivity in which countries.

I tested all modems for about two and a half hour and did some measurement.

I'm living in Germany, Baden Württemberg and for me the two ...ALK2 work best.

XXALK2 has a slightly better reception, but AEALK2 is better at WLAN conncectivity (faster) and finding internet connection at poor reception.

Interestingly the original firmware (T-Mobile) is the worst from all the listed ones, by far!
The internet speed in all networks (3G, H+...) is half (!) as fast compared to the ...ALK2 ones

I attached the exel chart I did for the test. It's German, but I hope you'll get what it means, otherwise I'll translate it.

Attachments

• Modemvergleich.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,432
Last edited:

shalmanaser

Dec 23, 2009
Hi all,

This may help a few French users, and maybe others too. I quickly made a CWM flashable zip by using one of the files available on this thread (many thanks to all the devs for the great job by the way !) and replacing the modem inside by the one contained in the French SFR I9305XXALK5 ROM file (jellybean 4.1.1).

I noticed that this modem is giving me by far the best data connexion when used along with custom ROMs. As some German users mentionned earlier, I noticed that when I use custom ROMs (Ripper or Supreme) I can not benefit from Dual Carrier (or 4G) anymore. My data connexion is then restricted to 3G or HSPDA.

By flashing this file, I managed to at least connect in HSPDA+. But still no dual carrier, unfortunately :(. As I am a very basic user, I can not investigate the reason why I lose 4G when I flash a custom ROM (4G works nicely when I use SFR provider stock ROM).

If you want to give it a try, the file is available HERE.

I would be glad to read if some people are experiencing the same problems.

Last edited:

MrPontus

May 14, 2009
Stockholm
ok, flashing your GT-I9305 modems on a GT-I9305N was a bad idea, it broke my 4G and more or mess my 3G too
I only had "E" (Edge?) on AEALK2 and I had 0.05Mbit
with XXALK2 I messured ~2Mbit and I had 3G and H+ for a short while.

I found a source of my original firmware and extracted the modem and made it to a flashable cwm zip
(first time I did this and I did it the easy way, editing an existing .zip downloaded from first post, so my .zip will have the "Ripper" message while flashing)

tested ok by me.

I9305N XXALI8

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqou3hw79uprlsu/I9305NXXALI8.zip

Reactions: txr33

shalmanaser

Dec 23, 2009
ok, flashing your GT-I9305 modems on a GT-I9305N was a bad idea, it broke my 4G and more or mess my 3G too
I only had "E" (Edge?) on AEALK2 and I had 0.05Mbit
with XXALK2 I messured ~2Mbit and I had 3G and H+ for a short while.

Hi

That's a pity, sorry for this problem. The modem I took from the French provider SFR is I9305AEALK2. I just discussed with a member on a French forum, and he thinks that this version is optimized for SFR network. But the fact that your phone is a "N" version can also explain the differences. I do not know what is the difference between N and non-N versions.

I think I will try your modem, in order to see if I can get a better connexion. With my file I get something like 10 Mbps on speedtest when connected on HSPDA+.

Reactions: paul13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We don't have a thread with our modems in a flashable zip so here is a list of Modems I have got a hold of for the I9305

If anyone has any others feel free to add to the thread

Link To All Modems

What modems I have at the moment

I9305

BUALI6

DXALI7

XXALI5

XXALI9

XXALJ2

XXALK2

ZHALI2

AEALK2

XXALI7 (Thanks flydutch)

XXALK3 (Thanks flydutch)

XXBLL3

XXBLL5 (Thanks AndyCr15)

XXBMA2

XXCMB2

XXBMC1 (Thanks Kinmach)

XXBMD1 (Thanks djembey)

XXBMD5

XXBME1

BVBMF1

I9305T

UBALK2

DVALI5

DVBLL3

UBBMB2

DVBME1

I9305N

XXALI8 (Thanks MrPontus)

XXBLL1 (Thanks MrPontus)

XXBMC2

Flashing Instructions

Download modem
    Put flashable zip on sdcard
    Boot into recovery
    Flash modem file
    Reboot
    Modem I9305 - XXUFOI1

XXUFOI1 modem taken from the latest official i9305 firmware.

I tested all modems for about two and a half hour and did some measurement.

I'm living in Germany, Baden Württemberg and for me the two ...ALK2 work best.

XXALK2 has a slightly better reception, but AEALK2 is better at WLAN conncectivity (faster) and finding internet connection at poor reception.

Interestingly the original firmware (T-Mobile) is the worst from all the listed ones, by far!
    The internet speed in all networks (3G, H+...) is half (!) as fast compared to the ...ALK2 ones

I attached the exel chart I did for the test. It's German, but I hope you'll get what it means, otherwise I'll translate it.
    I've stripped XXBLL3 Radio ROM from the latest official 4.1.2 for I9305

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e914nl0ge3fvr32/XXBLL3.zip

Does that link work for everyone, or do I need to place it in a public folder?
    I have added BVBMF1 and XXBME1 for 9305 and also DVBME1 for 9305T .

As far as it goes for what modems support what modes, they all should support all modes as the same modem is and can be used between multiple carriers but it depends on your firmware if you have LTE/GSM/WCDMA, GSM/WCDMA, GSM ONLY or WCDMA ONLY. That option is decided between two files. Secphone.apk and features.xml or others.xml depending on the firmware you are using not the modem. In the way of stock firmware every 9305 firmware I have used has had the required code in secphone.apk but does not have the needed line in others.xml to activate all 4 modes as an option cause it's up to the carrier what modes they want available to their customers

Sent From RipperROM I9305