which is the best video player for xperia s?

Search This thread

jamshadinho

Jan 21, 2013
thrissur
i am looking for best video player for my xperia s.i am using mxplayer right now.its a good player with sub support.but when playing videos on my built in xperia movie app i feel true surround sound after turning on surround sound mode on and dynamic normaliser on.then i played the same video on mxplayer i feel shame. mxplayer is nowhere near sony movie app.sound and video great on sony's movie app.is there any app can give great surround sound on my xperia s while watching videos.i tried h/w and s/w settings on mxplayer but both are not comparable with sony's surround sound mode.only disadvantage is sony's movie app is not support subtitle.so i am still using mxplayer for watching movies.is sony will add subtitle support?,i m sure my xperia s doesn't get any updates.anyway waiting for reply from experts........suggest me application with sub support and surround sound.

Redstarr1

May 19, 2012
Keerbergen
i am looking for best video player for my xperia s.i am using mxplayer right now.its a good player with sub support.but when playing videos on my built in xperia movie app i feel true surround sound after turning on surround sound mode on and dynamic normaliser on.then i played the same video on mxplayer i feel shame. mxplayer is nowhere near sony movie app.sound and video great on sony's movie app.is there any app can give great surround sound on my xperia s while watching videos.i tried h/w and s/w settings on mxplayer but both are not comparable with sony's surround sound mode.only disadvantage is sony's movie app is not support subtitle.so i am still using mxplayer for watching movies.is sony will add subtitle support?,i m sure my xperia s doesn't get any updates.anyway waiting for reply from experts........suggest me application with sub support and surround sound.

There is subtitle support in the Sony Movies app, at least in version 5.3.A.0.18. I don't know what kind of subtitles though, not .srt files. But I only tried the app on my Nexus 7 (it wouldn't be very different on my Xperia S since that's running CM11). It might refer to movies you rent from the Video Unlimited service. Anyway you can also just use MX Player and some kind of audio enhancer like V4A to change the sound. Just be aware that that "surround" effect you want is actually fake. Stereo is designed in such a way that when you're using headphones and watching a properly recorded video, your brain will process the sounds and and it will sound like surround. No need for software tricks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Reactions: jamshadinho

jamshadinho

Jan 21, 2013
thrissur
There is subtitle support in the Sony Movies app, at least in version 5.3.A.0.18. I don't know what kind of subtitles though, not .srt files. But I only tried the app on my Nexus 7 (it wouldn't be very different on my Xperia S since that's running CM11). It might refer to movies you rent from the Video Unlimited service. Anyway you can also just use MX Player and some kind of audio enhancer like V4A to change the sound. Just be aware that that "surround" effect you want is actually fake. Stereo is designed in such a way that when you're using headphones and watching a properly recorded video, your brain will process the sounds and and it will sound like surround. No need for software tricks.

how to install v4a. can you give me the link.is there any problem using it?mine xperia s firmware 6.2.b.1.96 and rooted.and also installed cwm.is this v4a enhancer work with mxplayer?

Redstarr1

May 19, 2012
Keerbergen
I don't know, I never use audio enhancers and I also don't use stock ROMs anymore. Anyway audio enhancers should work for all your apps, so also MX Player. Look up Viper4Android Xperia S. There should be a thread in the Themes&Apps section.

I thought that in stock your equaliser audio settings work for all apps, the Walkman settings I mean. Can't you edit them from Settings/Sound or something.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Xperia S met Tapatalk

abcdjdj

May 28, 2012
Thane
how to install v4a. can you give me the link.is there any problem using it?mine xperia s firmware 6.2.b.1.96 and rooted.and also installed cwm.is this v4a enhancer work with mxplayer?

Here you go - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
As Redstarr1 has said, it's effects will be observable on all apps including MxPlayer, YouTube etc. I use Viper and I can confirm that it works with Mx:D
In fact Viper even works on kitkat. I'm using Walkman+Mx+Viper on Carbon Rom (4.4.2). So if in case you're sticking to the stock rom only for Sony's media apps, you can even give kitkat a try:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't know, I never use audio enhancers and I also don't use stock ROMs anymore. Anyway audio enhancers should work for all your apps, so also MX Player. Look up Viper4Android Xperia S. There should be a thread in the Themes&Apps section.

I thought that in stock your equaliser audio settings work for all apps, the Walkman settings I mean. Can't you edit them from Settings/Sound or something.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Xperia S met Tapatalk

Here you go - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
    As Redstarr1 has said, it's effects will be observable on all apps including MxPlayer, YouTube etc. I use Viper and I can confirm that it works with Mx:D
    In fact Viper even works on kitkat. I'm using Walkman+Mx+Viper on Carbon Rom (4.4.2). So if in case you're sticking to the stock rom only for Sony's media apps, you can even give kitkat a try:)