Can NE3 be flashed over NF4?

Search This thread

uf21

Jun 5, 2012
I flashed the stock UK NF4 rom and then tried flashing the Australian NE3 rom over it but it won't go past the Samsung logo after flashing it.

uf21

Jun 5, 2012
My understanding was that you could flash and kk over each other but not downgrade to jellybean.

uf21

Jun 5, 2012
NF can't be downgraded to NE. AFAIK.
Once the letter upgraded u can't gi back to previous letter series. It will be considered downgraded.
The bootloader is different, and it is the ome which lock the downgrading process.
When did Samsung start doing this? When I had my s3 I was able to downgrade to any version but now I can't even downgrade at all. This is really frustrating. Now I'm stuck on a firmware that cripples my GPS.

When did Samsung start doing this? When I had my s3 I was able to downgrade to any version but now I can't even downgrade at all. This is really frustrating. Now I'm stuck on a firmware that cripples my GPS.

With the introduction of JB.

You shouls really research these things beforehand. Mainly because it's mentioned i n pretty much every flash thread.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth

samsung started this stuff when they started to use KNOX. :)
They agressively update the bootloader for any patches useful to protect their system evironment. Therefore, in KK, AFAIK, any changes of the firmware letter, means new bootloader.
what most of users do normally (if they have a rooted device), is just flash a newer custom ROM, and stay with their old bootloader (KK). By doing this way, you still can jump any older custom ROM base without any problem.
But once you flash a new original firmware, it will flash the new bootloader as well. And it is non-downgradable.

cheers.