[ROM] dOPE-PSOA 4.4.4-A HYBRID WITH PURE AOSP-Multi-Themed-SuperFAST&SMOOTH4SAFESTRAP

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
[ROM] dOPE-PSOA 4.4.4-A HYBRID WITH PURE AOSP-Multi-Themed-SuperFAST&SMOOTH4SAFESTRAP

gogolie/gigilie presents:
dOPE - PSOA v1,2&3
for Safestrap Users on Verizon

Features:
Pure AOSP 4.4.4 Dialer and Contacts - Themed by gogolie
The Most Minimalistic ROM for VZW S4
A Ton of Tweaks
A Lot more I don't have time to write them all out! Will update OP soon!!

To install download the ROM and Open Safestrap.
Create a new ROM Slot and Install the .zip
Still working on Aroma Version so install is automatic.
If your not on NC2 or NC5 Firmware You May have to flash Modules in order to get the WiFi etc to work!

Downloads:
dOPE-PSOA - BurntGrass v3 - The BareBonez Version - Super Dark and Inverted Backgrounds
dOPE-PSOA DarkMeat v3 - The BareBonez Version - With Darkened AOSP & Gray Backgrounds
dOPE-PSOA DarkMeat v2 - The Regular Version - With Darkened AOSP & Gray Backgrounds and Google Apps and Files to Theme Like AndroidL!

Screenshots:

5cfbf9d9_l.png
22d71faf_l.png
2bfb5690_l.png
cff72c1d_l.png
5de5b775_l.png
60828258_l.png
0620d53f_l.png
21497fe6_l.png
2e9bb265_l.png
3e8870a9_l.png
More Screenshots

Other Thanks and Credits: @Joe-Tech for his themed MMS and Calculator! @reggiecheeks for some elements from his previous themes!
Thanks GUYS!

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Older Versions:

PSOA Stock Beta V1

Has a few bugs and known issues with Signal Bars displaying and 2 FCs at the beginning that dont affect the ROM a new better Stock Themed AOSP version is in the works

Reactions: H.Wray

todd3835

Feb 13, 2008
Been meaning to try the new HyperDrive, but just hate TW so much. Eclipse is giving me problems so I was going to go back to HyperDrive, but I'll give this a shot first. So sick of my phone lagging...... didn't do it on GPE, but I had problems with GPS on that..... As well as no Google Wallet......

taz1458

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Gig, before I download this. Can you install this on the stock slot?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

taz1458

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Got it installed, but gmail will not open. Keeps saying unknown google play services error.

EDIT: guess whatever it ways woke up. Gmail finally synced. No options for any themes or anything?

Last edited:

todd3835

Feb 13, 2008
It's snappy, I'll say that. I am having a wifi issue. It was working before, not sure if it was working before I installed Xposed (hadn't looked) but it's not working now. Won't turn on. I tried the NC5 ones again, which had been working. No dice it seems. Overall, getting like 200mb free more on boot compared to using a TW rom. I mean that's awesome, but I need to have WIFI =[

Edit: GMail refuses to sync, that was happening from the get-go, just hasn't started working. Just had a reboot while reading a text also.....

Last edited:

taz1458

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Only bug I've found so far, is the fact that the copy paste option, after you copy something and long press to paste, the word does not come up anywhere and you cannot paste anything.

Edit: been running darkmeat 2, and it will not remember wifi after a reboot. Have to manually reconnect everytime. I can honestly say, this thing is ridiculously fast!

Last edited:

LGtMgG2t

Nov 4, 2014
Louisville
@liv3dn8as

It was more difficult than most ROMs for some reason. I think I ended up using wififix-VZW-NG6-w-modules-modem-w-hlos-SS.zip but had to flash it a few times and do a couple fast boots/soft reboots after I got booted up. I definitely had the problem where WiFi is not saved after each reboot as mentioned above. I had to go connect and enter the password each time I booted.

liv3dn8as

Dec 19, 2009
Hixton
@LGtMgG2t

Just got it working with that as well! Thanks for the reply. Glad to know it was the same fix! Now I can get back to fixing my original error, com.android.phone stops working. Thankfully it only happens when it first boots. I did just notice though that my SMS aren't sending sometimes. Not sure why yet! Time for a logcat! :)

taz1458

Jan 19, 2011
PA
@LGtMgG2t

Just got it working with that as well! Thanks for the reply. Glad to know it was the same fix! Now I can get back to fixing my original error, com.android.phone stops working. Thankfully it only happens when it first boots. I did just notice though that my SMS aren't sending sometimes. Not sure why yet! Time for a logcat! :)

I also get that phone force close at boot too. Usually happens twice. I believe it may be an AOSP issue though. I know on the GPE rom it was doing it as well.

LGtMgG2t

Nov 4, 2014
Louisville
I also get that phone force close at boot too. Usually happens twice. I believe it may be an AOSP issue though. I know on the GPE rom it was doing it as well.

Correct. The phone FC issues happens twice only on boot up near as I can tell. Doesnt seem to cause a problem and also happens in the BlackBox ROM twice on boot.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Correct. The phone FC issues happens twice only on boot up near as I can tell. Doesnt seem to cause a problem and also happens in the BlackBox ROM twice on boot.

I cant tell you how many different options I tried to stop the FCs then I finally came up with a working non FC and had built this ROM up with a working aroma installer for multiple themes and tweaks and a ton of options then someone stole my laptop and my 2tb external hd when my roommate had a party... sucked I had to start all over again about a week ago. and was apparently too intoxicated to replicate that FC fix thus far... that version had a lollipop all white custom themed aosp 444 took me forever. thieves suck.

im not sure as to the wifi settings not saving I also noticed that only allowing unknown sources to install only works for a single package install.... glad to hear most of you got the wifi issues figured out by installing one of the generic fixes I made for anyone on NC firmware it should work on install.

the gmail issue might be due to a newer version available. if its an issue for anyone just delete it via the safestrap filebrowser and reinstall via playstore.

i'll keep working on the ROM and this aroma installer with themes and what not i have a hard time deciding what to put into it I had like 20 different options for dialer and contacts, mms, systemui and framework was coming up with some interesting themes probably giong to just do that again. i had the option to either use TW or AOSP too

thanks for the feedback guys!

Reactions: taz1458 and 985nola

taz1458

Jan 19, 2011
PA
I cant tell you how many different options I tried to stop the FCs then I finally came up with a working non FC and had built this ROM up with a working aroma installer for multiple themes and tweaks and a ton of options then someone stole my laptop and my 2tb external hd when my roommate had a party... sucked I had to start all over again about a week ago. and was apparently too intoxicated to replicate that FC fix thus far... that version had a lollipop all white custom themed aosp 444 took me forever. thieves suck.

im not sure as to the wifi settings not saving I also noticed that only allowing unknown sources to install only works for a single package install.... glad to hear most of you got the wifi issues figured out by installing one of the generic fixes I made for anyone on NC firmware it should work on install.

the gmail issue might be due to a newer version available. if its an issue for anyone just delete it via the safestrap filebrowser and reinstall via playstore.

i'll keep working on the ROM and this aroma installer with themes and what not i have a hard time deciding what to put into it I had like 20 different options for dialer and contacts, mms, systemui and framework was coming up with some interesting themes probably giong to just do that again. i had the option to either use TW or AOSP too

Of note, I hacked the unknown sources before the first thing I installed, have installed a couple more and it hasn't asked me yet. I flashed the ng6 and nk1 (whatever the new one is) modules just to see if it made a difference saving wifi and it didn't. Love the quickness of this thing so far!

todd3835

Feb 13, 2008
Just a thought, but have you guys tried Instabridge? It works great for saving wifi passwords. Well auto connect also. I know having a completely working room would be nice, but it could help those wanting this as a daily driver. I've been playing with empty galaxy myself. dOPE was faster, just couldn't rock it as a daily. ....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: taz1458

LGtMgG2t

Nov 4, 2014
Louisville
Anyone else getting a boot loop with the PSOA-BB-DarkMeat-v3-gogolie ROM? I clean flashed on the stock slot. Guess I'll try v2 and see what happens and might need to download v3 again.

taz1458

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Just a thought, but have you guys tried Instabridge? It works great for saving wifi passwords. Well auto connect also. I know having a completely working room would be nice, but it could help those wanting this as a daily driver. I've been playing with empty galaxy myself. dOPE was faster, just couldn't rock it as a daily. ....

Will try it today. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

gogolie/gigilie presents:
    dOPE - PSOA v1,2&3
    for Safestrap Users on Verizon

Features:
    Pure AOSP 4.4.4 Dialer and Contacts - Themed by gogolie
    The Most Minimalistic ROM for VZW S4
    A Ton of Tweaks
    A Lot more I don't have time to write them all out! Will update OP soon!!

To install download the ROM and Open Safestrap.
    Create a new ROM Slot and Install the .zip
    Still working on Aroma Version so install is automatic.
    If your not on NC2 or NC5 Firmware You May have to flash Modules in order to get the WiFi etc to work!

Downloads:
    dOPE-PSOA - BurntGrass v3 - The BareBonez Version - Super Dark and Inverted Backgrounds
    dOPE-PSOA DarkMeat v3 - The BareBonez Version - With Darkened AOSP & Gray Backgrounds
    dOPE-PSOA DarkMeat v2 - The Regular Version - With Darkened AOSP & Gray Backgrounds and Google Apps and Files to Theme Like AndroidL!

Screenshots:

5cfbf9d9_l.png
    22d71faf_l.png
    2bfb5690_l.png
    cff72c1d_l.png
    5de5b775_l.png
    60828258_l.png
    0620d53f_l.png
    21497fe6_l.png
    2e9bb265_l.png
    3e8870a9_l.png
    More Screenshots

Other Thanks and Credits: @Joe-Tech for his themed MMS and Calculator! @reggiecheeks for some elements from his previous themes!
    Thanks GUYS!
    @liv3dn8as

It was more difficult than most ROMs for some reason. I think I ended up using wififix-VZW-NG6-w-modules-modem-w-hlos-SS.zip but had to flash it a few times and do a couple fast boots/soft reboots after I got booted up. I definitely had the problem where WiFi is not saved after each reboot as mentioned above. I had to go connect and enter the password each time I booted.

Older Versions:

PSOA Stock Beta V1

Has a few bugs and known issues with Signal Bars displaying and 2 FCs at the beginning that dont affect the ROM a new better Stock Themed AOSP version is in the works