[KERNEL][BETA] RAGEmod v1-T30

Search This thread

RAvenGEr

Dec 4, 2006
Adelaide
---NEW KERNEL THREAD---

This kernel is based on Hardcore's SpeedMod K1-T30 Kernel

Why another kernel?? Because I can, I like the challenge and I can probably do it as well as any other?

Features:
  • support for SetCPU OC (upto 1400MHz)
  • UV between 800mV and 1400mV
  • support for Boot Animation
  • support for BLN

• SpeedMod K1-T30 initramfs + boot animation
  • SpeedMod K1-T30 kernel source patches
  • Samsung Update 2 Applied (as per K1-T30
  • CIFS working
  • Charging touch sensitivity fix.

The goal of this kernel is to take the battery savings gained from HardCORE's kernel and allow undervolting and underclocking to further improve battery life. I added Boot Animation and BLN support just because I could.

As usual, this kernel could break your hardware, so only flash if you are not concerned with bricking your device.

That said, I have flashed this kernel on my device and it still works.

Thanks also to the authors of Ninphetamine kernel - their SetCPU supporting code was the basis for the SetCPU support in this kernel, I have also used BLN code from their Git Repository, thanks to creams.

Change Log:
  • v1-T26 - public release based on SpeedMod K1-T26
    • Added BLN support
    • Added SetCPU support
    • Added UV support
    • Added bootanimation support
  • v1-T27 - updated base to SpeedMod K1-T27
  • v2-T27 - updated base to Samsung Update 2
    • Same feature set as previous versions
    • CIFS working
    • Closest match to SpeedMod K1-T27 but with Samsung Update 2 sources
    • Touch sensitivity fix from ninphetamine.
  • v1-T30 - updated base to SpeedMod K1-T30

Future plans:
  • Keep up with SpeedMod current releases as they happen and source patches are released.

NOTE FOR ALL:
Patch files are for developers, not end users.

Source patches attached for developers - apply against Samsung Update1 sources.
Source patch for v2-T27 and newer to be applied against Samsung Update2 sources.

Attachments

• RAGEmodv1-T26.tar
    7 MB · Views: 1,974
  • RAGEmodv1-T27.tar
    7.6 MB · Views: 2,067
  • RAGEmod-v2-T27.tar
    7.1 MB · Views: 3,881
  • RAGEmod-v1-T30.tar
    7.5 MB · Views: 5,460
  • RAGEmodv1-T26-For-Developers-ONLY.patch.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 73
  • RAGEmodv1-T27-For-Developers-ONLY.patch.zip
    46.9 KB · Views: 70
  • RAGEmod-v2-T27-For-Developers-ONLY.patch.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 112
  • RAGEmod-v1-T30-For-Developers-ONLY.patch.zip
    61.9 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Gonna try this for sure , always loved Hardcore kernel, back in the Gti9000 times, but i think that OC/UV is something missing in his kernel. I'll report when i'll have tried it out ^^. Thanks !

rbalu72

Aug 12, 2008
Good to see many Kernel developers coming on board :)

May be its time to disclose the sources and GPL as other KERNEL threads being locked for want of it.

Other developers whose initial thoughts/ideas was reused will benifit everyone if what you have achieved over and above will make the original Kernel even more robust :)

Reactions: machatta

RAvenGEr

Dec 4, 2006
Adelaide
Good to see many Kernel developers coming on board :)

May be its time to disclose the sources and GPL as other KERNEL threads being locked for want of it.

Other developers whose initial thoughts/ideas was reused will benifit everyone if what you have achieved over and above will make the original Kernel even more robust :)
I fully intend on posting a patch file, just not at a computer where I have access to my sources!

vanahaim

Sep 18, 2009
Prague
First - thanks for this project!
Second - I tried your kernel and I have had some problems with haptic feedback on my phone, it doesn´t work.

Edit: I´m on Darky base XXKH3..

Last edited:

ram3n

Nov 16, 2010
Great work !!
Just tried it and No problem so far.
Wait for your next update, based on Hardcore's SpeedMod T26
cheers :)

Tijmen

Retired Forum Moderator
May 26, 2011
Rotterdam
I guess this kernel is in the wrong section. Although I do admit that this requires far more skills winzipping a rom together, this is basically a matchup of ninphetamine and speedmod, and therefore has nothing to do with original rom development.

RAvenGEr

Dec 4, 2006
Adelaide
Well, it's not a cut and paste coding job if that's what you're implying, I studied the required code from Niphetamine and implemented it (but reduced speed limits and subsequently speed steps) in the source for SpeedMod.

Cygnuss

Aug 31, 2007
Lisboa
If you can please mod the T26 to add these futures: Bootanimation,BLN, OC and UV. Very ngood to see more and more kernel options available. Thanks for your work man

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
Well, it's not a cut and paste coding job if that's what you're implying, I studied the required code from Niphetamine and implemented it (but reduced speed limits and subsequently speed steps) in the source for SpeedMod.

Can't code for toffee, wondering how difficult it is to alter said limits/steps and put them in another source?

Genuinely curious - doesn't sound tough, I stand to be corrected and/or educated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---NEW KERNEL THREAD---

This kernel is based on Hardcore's SpeedMod K1-T30 Kernel

Why another kernel?? Because I can, I like the challenge and I can probably do it as well as any other?

Features:
    • support for SetCPU OC (upto 1400MHz)
    • UV between 800mV and 1400mV
    • support for Boot Animation
    • support for BLN

• SpeedMod K1-T30 initramfs + boot animation
    • SpeedMod K1-T30 kernel source patches
    • Samsung Update 2 Applied (as per K1-T30
    • CIFS working
    • Charging touch sensitivity fix.

The goal of this kernel is to take the battery savings gained from HardCORE's kernel and allow undervolting and underclocking to further improve battery life. I added Boot Animation and BLN support just because I could.

As usual, this kernel could break your hardware, so only flash if you are not concerned with bricking your device.

That said, I have flashed this kernel on my device and it still works.

Thanks also to the authors of Ninphetamine kernel - their SetCPU supporting code was the basis for the SetCPU support in this kernel, I have also used BLN code from their Git Repository, thanks to creams.

Change Log:
    • v1-T26 - public release based on SpeedMod K1-T26
      • Added BLN support
      • Added SetCPU support
      • Added UV support
      • Added bootanimation support
    • v1-T27 - updated base to SpeedMod K1-T27
    • v2-T27 - updated base to Samsung Update 2
      • CIFS working
      • Closest match to SpeedMod K1-T27 but with Samsung Update 2 sources
      • Touch sensitivity fix from ninphetamine.
    • v1-T30 - updated base to SpeedMod K1-T30

Future plans:
    • Keep up with SpeedMod current releases as they happen and source patches are released.

NOTE FOR ALL:
    Patch files are for developers, not end users.

Source patches attached for developers - apply against Samsung Update1 sources.
    Source patch for v2-T27 and newer to be applied against Samsung Update2 sources.
    so there wont be any updates anymore?
    There will be updates, just currently in damage control at work after a major server failure. Will release a new version sometime this week, probably going to give you guys a choice between Update1 and Update2 base. (i.e. Two kernel builds!). Check the first post for in a couple of days, should have a new thread.
    IMPORTANT: all vibration not working in first beta. Will fix and repost. Sorry, but it is a beta!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
    Is the latest version also based on Samsung Update 2?
    Because it's called v1-T30 and not v2-T30 or does this have a different reason?
    Sorry for the confusion, the v numbers are for when I release a mod based on the same SpeedMod version. T30 is Update2 based.