ICS releasing today for Sony Tablet S

Search This thread

xaviorffviii

Dec 8, 2010
CT
According to Android Central, ICS will begin being pushed to the Sony Tablet S today. Included is direct access to sdcard for some applications it seems. Hopefully also a wifi fix is included. Now who's willing to take the exploit plunge?

obicom

Nov 9, 2010
Cologne
Could someone report immediately if the update is available in your region?

I would like to modify my region.zip and build.prop to download the regional file and will try to root it with Condis tool.

A copy of the build.prop could be helpful too. Thanks in advance.

kurtis.austin2

Aug 21, 2009
Update is downloading now on my tablet. I'm in the US

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Premium HD app

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
I am in Australia but changed my device so it thinks it's a US version using All-In-One tool. Just downloaded the OTA update but too scared to flash in case I brick it!

Reckon it's safe? I know I'll loose root and not be able to get it back. But I don't really use Root anyway on this device.

Maeur1

Dec 4, 2010
Wellington
I bought my tablet from japan. and am using it here in New Zealand, i got the update so i dont know what region mine is, lol.

Vinny1967

Apr 15, 2011
Rotterdam
I am in Australia but changed my device so it thinks it's a US version using All-In-One tool. Just downloaded the OTA update but too scared to flash in case I brick it!

Reckon it's safe? I know I'll loose root and not be able to get it back. But I don't really use Root anyway on this device.

I changed my device to US and got the update straight away.I just installed it and everything works fine.I lost root but I wanted to test it unrooted first and if there is a reason I'll root it again later if Condi comes up with a root solution ;)

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
Would anyone mind uploading a system dump? I do a lot of app/widget porting for the asus transformer and it would be nice to get my hands on some new material

Any way to force an update without ac power? I have full charge and forgot the power cable. Did I bit of a search around but came up empty. Curse Sony and it's non universal power cables!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium

herick

Dec 27, 2009

I did like what you said and the upgrade went smoothly without any issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installed mine a few hours ago in the UK

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA
    I am with Three. 15 pound plus 3 pound for unlimited but not sure you can get it anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2