(Rom)(1.7.13) UKB DNA 1.3.0 l apm l aroma l sense l desense

Search This thread

jonesin

Dec 16, 2010
Denver
BAH. someone please tell me how to disable this sense keyboard without the notification icon, I've tried everything. 4.2 keyboard is enabled but it still defaults to sense no matter what I've tried!!!

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
BAH. someone please tell me how to disable this sense keyboard without the notification icon, I;ve tried everything. 4.2 keyboard is enabled but it stillo defaults to sense no matter what I've tried!!!

its possible that the mod to remove the notification icon killed the keyboard switch functionality

download jellybean keyboard from the market, and in settings > language/input it has the option to change keyboards manually in jellybean kb...it will allow you to select any keyboards that are installed

sorry for the issue, i only use the sense kb, so its not something i noticed

ill verify that that the mod in question, is in fact causing the issue...and if so will post a patch to fix it

jonesin

Dec 16, 2010
Denver
its possible that the mod to remove the notification icon killed the keyboard switch functionality

download jellybean keyboard from the market, and in settings > language/input it has the option to change keyboards manually in jellybean kb...it will allow you to select any keyboards that are installed

sorry for the issue, i only use the sense kb, so its not something i noticed

ill verify that that the mod in question, is in fact causing the issue...and if so will post a patch to fix it

I tried that and it would work if i could get to the 4.2 keyboard at all. It seams there is no way to switch keyboards period. I have a feeling that the input notification mod borked the ability to select a keybaord as the default input method.

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
I've had the ROM downloaded since it was posted, but I haven't flashed it yet because I cannot get CWM to do a successful backup :mad: AHHHH!
I know this is not your fault lol I just want to have a fall back just in case.

jonno95

Dec 2, 2010
I've had the ROM downloaded since it was posted, but I haven't flashed it yet because I cannot get CWM to do a successful backup :mad: AHHHH!

switch to twrp for the backup then switch back to cwm to install. My backup on twrp worked just fine

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
I tried that and it would work if i could get to the 4.2 keyboard at all. It seams there is no way to switch keyboards period. I have a feeling that the input notification mod borked the ability to select a keybaord as the default input method.

for now download jellybean keyboard from playstore

go to Language & Keyboard in settings

click "on" next to jellybean keyboard

then press on the keyboard entry to enter its setttings

a popup will appear "step 2 switch to jelly bean keyboard" press that

and it ll pop up "choose input method"

you can switch to whatever keyboard that way

sorry for this workaround, will aim to fix it with next release (pretty sure i know what i did wrong)

attachment.php

Attachments

• device-2012-12-05-121214.jpg
    device-2012-12-05-121214.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,864

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
list what is not installing/uninstalling from aroma, and ill fix

Visual VoiceMail, NFL Mobile when I clicked to deinstall, it still showed up and you said some apps were unhid but nothing was unhid if you are referring to Watch,Voice Recorder, Mirror, Car, Friendstream etc.

jasoraso

May 24, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT

Are you running the latest CWR from DSB? It fixed borked backups ...

you also might try deleting the backup and backups folder in clockworkmod if they exist

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Jan 27, 2010
So far everything is running smooth and working :) I'm really enjoying the remapping thanks for posting the rom.

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
Are you running the latest CWR from DSB? It fixed borked backups ...

you also might try deleting the backup and backups folder in clockworkmod if they exist

Yes, I'm using the one posted in the OP of the thread. It reboots using TWRP as well. that's why I switched to CWM v6.0.1.2
I've deleted those folders multiple times, and still no successful backup. trying again as we speak...for the 9th time lol

jonah1234

May 29, 2012
aroma will on occasions (1/5 of the time maybe) freeze during installation...this is usually triggered by success clicks of "back" during install (happens on all phones ive used it on)

however i had nothing but problems when using twrp on this phone, including (but not limited to) crazy sql lite errors on flashovers, and /system not formatting from rom script

if you are using that recovery and it installs fine...great, but not what i personally recommend right now

aroma isnt specific to htc though, just many aosp roms dont use it because it would be extra steps after compiling a build.....its much more popular on oem skin roms, or for mod/tweak packs

it installed on twrp on like the 5th try until the errors are sorted out, i will be switching to cwm.

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Guess I will be waiting till someone can get this running smoothly using twrp. Even with the fixed cwm **** still doesn't works

sent from my beastly powered DNA using Tapatalk 2

jonesin

Dec 16, 2010
Denver
for now download jellybean keyboard from playstore

go to Language & Keyboard in settings

click "on" next to jellybean keyboard

then press on the keyboard entry to enter its setttings

a popup will appear "step 2 switch to jelly bean keyboard" press that

and it ll pop up "choose input method"

you can switch to whatever keyboard that way

sorry for this workaround, will aim to fix it with next release (pretty sure i know what i did wrong)

attachment.php

i may have borked something then because even this doesnt work... It goes straight into the keyboard settings without ever bringing up the default input popup. I tried flashing the 4.2 zip to make the kb a system app so maybe that caused the issue. Sounds like there is still a bug though so hazaa for fixes. lol! Thanks Nitsuj17

Last edited:

jonah1234

May 29, 2012
Any way of getting the WiFi working with the beatmode kernel.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

kman79

Apr 8, 2007
Houston
New to the HTC Family and excited to flash this ROM

Quick question, is it possible/safe to do an advance restore from CWR backup?

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Visual VoiceMail, NFL Mobile when I clicked to deinstall, it still showed up and you said some apps were unhid but nothing was unhid if you are referring to Watch,Voice Recorder, Mirror, Car, Friendstream etc.

i didnt unhide everything, just a few apps like "mirror" (i dont have the list in front of me atm, ill add it to the op later)

Any way of getting the WiFi working with the beatmode kernel.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

you need to reflash the kernel modules (would be something like zarboz.zip) after booting the rom up and booting back to recovery

i may have borked something then because even this doesnt work... It goes straight into the keyboard settings without ever bringing up the default input popup. I tried flashing the 4.2 zip to make the kb a system app so maybe that caused the issue. Sounds like there is still a bug though so hazaa for fixes. lol! Thanks Nitsuj17

what was the expected behavior for kb switching on stock? was there an option in language & keyboard settings?

do other market kb's work?

Last edited:

jonesin

Dec 16, 2010
Denver
I ran a fresh install just to check and still can't get the default keyboard popup even using your method. I choose Desensed if that might make a difference

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Ah Nvm I figured it out I was dling 4.2/ not "jellybean" keyboard thanks nitsuj

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nitsuj17

hajabooja

Nov 23, 2007
Seems like Aroma Installer exits before it had completed. I used the desense option and it never told me it was finished.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SbrissenMod-Icon.jpg

Presents

UltimateKangBang DNA

***I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone or if your dog runs away from home...you can blame me however if soviet troops parachute into the parking lot of a colorado high school, and you are forced into the woods where you start a small guerilla unit to avenge your family***

FAQ

Changelog

Screenshots

UKB Highlights
    Initial Release!
    • Based on stock VZW 1.15.605.4 Release Software
    • Android 4.1.1 / Sense 4+
    • busybox 1.20
    • rooted with superuser
    • enabled custom recent apps actions in "display, gestures, buttons"
    • advanced power menu (reboot to recovery, hboot)
    • disabled package signature checking in services
    • rosie on screen menu added
    • removed ics/jb 3 dot legacy menu, and changed dimensions so its not blank space in apps
    • unhid several apps from rosie app drawer
    • removed persistent wifi notification in pulldown
    • volume keys can be used to zoom in/out in camera
    • fixed gallery dropbox force close
    • settings -> custom background in Messaging app *should* be fixed
    • long press back to kill app functionality
    • lyapota's musicbox v4
    • wifi scan interval set to 150 seconds from 15
    • added htc flashlight app
    • fastboot off by default
    • deleted useless "how to" videos from /system/media (47 mb)
    • default allow of non market app install
    • updated market apps
    • added titanium backup, genie widget, and google voice
    • people and app (quicklaunch) widget from j butterfly
    • friendstream widget (wip)
    • j butterfly wallpapers added to htc wallpaper picker
    • location icon removed from status bar
    • aroma options:
      • choose optional landscape enabled rosie
      • 5x6 portrait and 8x4 landscape app drawer Rosie
      • remove apps (debloat)
      • option to dense (will install nova launcher)
      • choose statusbar layout w/o clock
      • choose statusbar layout w/ centered clock
      • wipe option (will NOT delete your internal data)
      • custom gps locations
      • install adblock hosts file
      • remove bootsound (will only work on data wipe)
      • choose verizon or stock htc boot ani
      • mod for mms screen on (when receiving new message screen will turn on)
      • accurate battery mod (100 images with percentages in them)
      • volume wake (will work with deep sleep)
      • remove usb debugging icon from status bar
      • optional jellybean blue battery icons
      • chooose between sense4+ recent apps or aosp multitasking
      • screen wake on sms/mms
      • desense options for sense or aosp apps

To Do:
    • fix any issues with remove apps in aroma
    • fix desense (delete anything not yet deleting in aroma)
    • moar mods
    • change dialogues on reboot options (all say same thing currently)
    • additional rosie options (5x6 / 7x4 app drawers)
    • add things to rosie menu
    • add accurate battery mod options (working on modded stock xxdpi icons, wont include hdpi ones)

Credits
    • jcase for unlocking the DNA
    • amarullz for his Aroma Installer
    • lyapota for original camera fix, long-press back to kill app, musicbox4
    • ibotpeaches for ics + apktool
    • brut.all for original apktool
    • shnizlon for wipe script that doesnt touch internal storage, pointers on alt apm
    • dsb9938 for resizing the rezound flashlight app
    • x3demond3x for framework fix for deodexed camera fc
    • m0narx for custom gps configs in aroma
    • jotha for one x jb apm mod that I adapted for the dna
    • turge for his help with rosie on screen menu and everything else
    • rwc95 for original rezound persistent notification wifi notification removal
    • one_love_420 for parts of his evo lte apm that I adapted (1.2.0+_
    • zarboz for original mod for wake on volume deep sleep
    • andybones for bringing the mod to the inc4g
    • O.M.J. for evo lte modpack which I looked over and used a script from
    • qd2dc for his help and someone to bounce ideas off of
    • chainsdd for superuser
    • il duce and team d3rp for some fixes for musicbox
    • dev-host
    • androidfilehost
    • xda and rootzwiki communities
    • anyone else I may have forgotten

To Install:
    1) Be unlocked through jcase's method and HTC Dev Unlock
    2) Have CWR installed (i had numerous issues with twrp, and cannot recomend it, or support installs of it currently)
    3) backup in cwr
    4) select UKB_DNA_1.2.0.zip to install
    5) follow aroma install process (highly recommend wiping data in aroma on the 1st install)
    6) reboot to hboot and fastboot the boot.img below (or init.d scripts wont work)
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    7) reboot from aroma

Current Downloads:

***Notes on sharing: if you want to use a specific mod from this rom, you may...but please pm me to let me know (you don't need a response from me) and wait a week after I release it, to incorporate it in your own project. Proper credit and link back to this thread is expected as well. You may not however, download the rom, change 2 things, and reupload it as your own. Thanks!****

UKB_DNA_1.3.0.zip: http://d-h.st/9Ff
    Mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092764624
    MD5sum: af88cb444a0bbac7336fe47e94ee77b8
    Size: 895.30 MB

Boot.img w/ init.d support: http://d-h.st/Dfv
    MD5sum: c1ceea122f79302d1cb967c9062f1b3e

Donations are ALWAYS appreciated, but NEVER expected! (I do put them to good use in saving for new devices though and quasi justifying to my wife the time i spend on this stuff lol) I like what I do, and just hitting thanks makes me feel its worth continuing :)
    FAQ

I've taken the time to answer many of the questions that are bound to pop up. Please do me the courtesy of reading through the below Q & A's before posting issues/questions in the thread :p

Q: Can I flash this over stock, or another deodexed rom without wiping?
    A: I really, really recommend choosing the option to wipe data in aroma. If you dirty flash, I will not accept bug reports or issues, thanks.

Q: Why are you saying I should use CWR over TWRP....TWRP is working fine for me so far!?
    A: I had serious issues getting the rom to flash over with team win, and even though my permissions were correct, twice had to RUU over internal storage issues...ymmv, but again I wont accept bug reports if you flash with team win...at least until its fixed.

Q: I'm making my own rom/mod..can I use stuff from UKB?
    A: Yes, so long as you follow my sharing policy from post 1.

Q: Can I post mods for this rom, or other deodexed roms based off this rom?
    A: Sure, go right ahead.

Q: How do I change the button mapping? It seems the same?
    A: Go into settings -> display, gestures & buttons -> Recent apps button. You will see the options in there.

Q: Are you using parts from other sense jellybean roms?
    A: No, everything is 100% stock DNA, just modified. Any mods I credit to others, were adapted, not taken directly. Future versions will include parts from the j butterfly, but only to make up for features that were left out of the DNA version.

Q: What are quadrant scores with this rom?
    A: Really? c'mon...normally I'd say "over 9000", but unfortunately on this phone the joke would get lost.

Q: Can I use beastmode or cubed kernels with this rom?
    A: If you can use them with stock, you can use them with this. However, don't forget to reflash the kernel modules if flashing this rom over a setup that already has either installed.

Q: Can I flash over any existing themes/mods?
    A: Depends what is modded in them. If you flash anything with a systemui packaged in, and you had selected "no clock" in aroma, it will restore the status bar clock. If you flash anything with settings in it, you will loose ability to change button mappings, and so on. If any mod package includes framework-res.apk, you will break the apm, and phone will hotboot/freeze when you depress the power button, be wary of what you flash.

Q: I have found "insert problem" with this rom after install...what should I do?
    A: Please report it in this thread, not via pm. I have adopted the policy of ignoring pm's that are related to rom support, because I get too many of them and dislike answering the same questions over and over.

Q: Is this rom primarily supported on xda or rootzwiki?
    A: Both, although I tend to check xda threads (since I have more of them than at rootz) more frequently, so odds are I see issues here first.

Q: When is ViperDNA coming out?
    A: Not for awhile, don't ask for progress/eta or otherwise until 2013 (even then..don't)

Q: Can I make feature requests?
    A: Sure, doesn't mean I can or will implement it though :p

Q: I've encountered a force close that I can repeat constantly, what can I do?
    A: Supply me with a description of the issue, how its repeated, and a logcat
    Code:
    adb logcat > logcatwhatever.txt
    pastebin the logcat for me.

Q: What is the path for the bootanimation?...I'd like to change it.
    A: Install your custom one to
    Code:
    /system/customize/resource/
    It must be named bootnanimation.zip (as of 1.1.0)

Q: I flashed the rom, but now I can't switch keyboard..what should I do?
    A: There is a patch below the rom download, flash that (no wipe) and it will restore IME switcher functionality in the pulldown. Since I only use the sense keyboard, I didn't notice this issue, sorry.

Q: I tried to install the rom, but aroma froze...what should I do?
    A: This is just an issue with aroma, that happens on occasion. It's most likely to happen if you click "back" or "forward" in rapid succession. If this happens, don't worry. If connected to a terminal just do adb reboot recovery to restart recovery and restart the rom install, or hold down power and volume down until the phone restarts into hboot, then go to recovery from there. If the install keeps rebooting during mid install non stop, wipe data/factory reset and format /system in recovery before attempting to flash again.

Q: I removed the sense lockscreen in aroma, but now when I get a call i have to unlock the lockscreen, then answer the call?!
    A: This is an issue thats existed in sense for years. Unfortunately, if you want to use the stock jb lock, you will have to deal with it. There is a workaround for it, but it involves tweaks (haven't seen a non tweaks workaround to port), and I won't (and can't) use tweaks in a non team venom project. Down the round that will be out, til then, sorry.

Q: I'm a member/moderator/whatever on "insert other android forum"...can I repost this rom there?
    A: If you are so inclined, you can link UKB on that site, and post the op's information about the rom, but please do not put download links there. Just link back to this thread, thanks.

Q: What is wake on volume mod?
    A: It enables the usage of the volume keys to wake the screen (vs power button), you need to flash the included boot.img w/ fastboot to properly install it.

Q: What is mms screen on mod?
    A: This mod will briefly turn your screen on when you get a new text or mms message. (only compatible with stock htc mms app, not 3rd party)
    Changelog
    Code:
    [B][U]1.3.0[/U][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]includes htc's acore contact provider fc fix 
    [*]non-beats equalizers in lyapota's musicbox now appear to work correctly (beats is not)
    [*]"toast" message added to long press back to kill app (name of app killed appears on screen)
    [*]several market apps updated
    [*]minor cleanup in some jars
    [/LIST]

[B][U]1.2.1[/U][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]fixed remove options for twitter, nfl mobile, htc car
    [*]remove option for htc dock (not functional)
    [*]add option to remove task manager GUI app
    [*]removed selection for verizon or gsm carrier (didnt fix mms settings for gsm)
    [*]fixed desense and launcher selections in aroma
    [*]-if you select sense you ll have a 2nd screen to select type of rosie launcher
    [*]-if you select desense you ll have a 2nd screen to select further customization
    [*]Sound enhancer shortcut added to Settings -> Sound (to enable beats)
    [/LIST]

[B][U]1.2.0[/U][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]added long press back to kill app functionality (lyapota)
    [*]long press home google now fixed w/ kill app mod, otherwise mod breaks it
    [*]lyapota's musicbox v4 ported to UKB
    [*]-adds soundenhancer fuctions to music player (not 100% yet)
    [*]new apm w/ hot reboot
    [*]added iso 1250 option to camera
    [*]more battery/clock options including jellybean blue and no battery option
    [*]choose between sense4 recent apps or stock android recent apps
    [*]added task manager from butterfly j (accessible through app drawer as well)
    [*]added remove CDROM ISO and PCTOOL ISO to aroma removal
    [*]fixed gallery dropbox force close (thanks football)
    [*]smooth scrolling mod (SteelH)
    [*]experimental option to fix MMS for ATT/TMO/Other US Providers
    [*]updated several market apps
    [*]changed "Software version" to "UKB Version" in settings
    [*]added option to remove adb debugging icon from status bar in aroma
    [*]revamped desense mod to use Launcher2 instead of Nova and selectable options
    [*]updated kindle, facebook, amazon shop, books, gooogle voice, videos, imdb mobile, tibu, nfl mobile, g plus, maps
    [*]settings -> custom background in Messaging app *should* be fixed (been ok in testing)
    [/LIST]
    [B]comments/bugs/otherwise[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]friendstream and "no clock" issues that were present in previous releases have yet to be fixed (sorry)
    [*]atm there is a bug/fc when using aosp contacts where you ll get an acore fc when first setting up google account (i havent noticed it other times)
    [*]-I think I know whats causing it, but didn't want to hold up the release indefinitely while I look into it
    [*]by request ive set many of the optional apps in aroma "remove app" page to default to remove...please look over that page carefully to make sure thats the configuration you want
    [*]-previously they were all set to install and you had to manually check each one you wanted to remove...now some are checked by default
    [*]please do not flash mods/themes for other roms, only ones that specifically say they are for the version of ukb that you are running
    [/LIST]
    [B][U]1.1.0[/U][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]work in progress jellybean sense aroma theme :p
    [*]add "manage apps" to rosie menu
    [*]clean up strings in other rosie menu options 
    [*]removed gps reticle from status bar
    [*]removed verizon ota files, so won't get a surprise notificaiton and botched install
    [*]added friendstream widget, apk, and compatible twitter app from j butterfly
    [*]added social lockscreen (friendstream) from j butterfly
    [*]add clock widget from j butterfly (Features 3x2 transparent clock)
    [*]people and app shortcut widget from j butterfly
    [*]init.d support (need to flash modified boot.img)
    [*]added 3 j butterfly wallpapers to htc wallpaper picker
    [*]added dropbox 25gb promotion to setupwizard, will not work if you've claimed promotion on sense4 previously
    [*]dropbox setupwizard shortcut replaces pointless verizon video tour
    [*]fixed aroma removal of: nfl mobile, ba assistant
    [*]added aroma removal of: polaris office, vzw nav, viewdini, amex serve, vcast tones
    [*]add optional volume wake mod to aroma (works with deepsleep); requires you flash modified boot.img
    [*]choose either htc or verizon boot anis in aroma
    [*]more modded rosie choices (5x6 portrait app drawer)(8x4 landscape app drawer)
    [*]changed bootanimation/downanimation path and names to "bootanimation.zip" and "downanimation.zip"
    [*]fixed up desense script, should remove remaining htc widgets and lockscreens now
    [*]added option for centered clock in status bar (notifications do overlap though)
    [*]added option for accurate battery mod in the status bar
    [*]added option for screen flash on new message (with htc mms app) in aroma
    [*]fixed ime switcher issue
    [/LIST]

[U]issues:[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]still problems with landscape video and no clock status bar options
    [*]friendstream is buggy and not showing up in app drawer
    [/LIST]

[I][U]12.5.12 u2[/U][/I]
    added flashable patch to fix lack of ime switcher

[U][B]1.0.0[/B][/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]initial release
    [/LIST]

Screenshots....just cuz

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php

DeSense Optional Look:

attachment.php
    attachment.php

(image from amarullz's aroma thread and not an exact representation of this install)

aroma-ss.png

ukb 1.3.0 should be up in the morning, thanks for all the support !
    an early (well for us in the USA here) Happy New Year to all the UKB users out there :highfive:

2012 was a great start to stuff on the DNA, thinking 2013 will be pretty awesome!

UKB will continue to get better, and ViperDNA work begins.................. :p