[KERNEL][AOSP][4.2.2] 4Aces updated 6/04

Search This thread

netter.159

Feb 21, 2013
the github is in the OP, which list all the changes I made to the CM kernel.

Which repository specifically are you calling out in your original post. Make that clear.

I sorted by the keywords "kernel/note/717/quincy/samsung" and I'm still not sure which you mean.

If you're gonna link to your github, fine, but be more direct, as in direct link the rep involed, not all your github projects.

EDIT: No backlight notification in this kernel!

Last edited:

king71st

Apr 30, 2011
Re: [KERNEL][WIP][4.2.2] 4Aces

Which repository specifically are you calling out in your original post. Make that clear.

I sorted by the keywords "kernel/note/717/quincy/samsung" and I'm still not sure which you mean.

If you're gonna link to your github, fine, but be more direct, as in direct link the rep involed, not all your github projects.

Actually there is backlight notification I'm using it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

severinca

Sep 21, 2010

Backlight works you just have to toggle the setting in advanced settings on and off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009

Because multiple repos are required to build the kernel, and/or device specifics for CM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Reactions: scariola

netter.159

Feb 21, 2013
Because multiple repos are required to build the kernel, and/or device specifics for CM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

yes I understand multiple repos come into play, but if you're going to post, and provide sources, don't be broad about them. At least point out the main repo related to this great kernel, and then possibly list any related ones. Never link to just a github profile page...

king71st

Apr 30, 2011

Is anyone's charging slow using this kernel mine is super slow now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
Is anyone's charging slow using this kernel mine is super slow now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Get a fast charge app from the play store.

Here's a how to to get fast charge working. I got this with trial and error. The apps I use to monitor this are my suggestions so try others as you like.

This is for 4Aces v29.

1. Download Fast Charge app by Mathew Winters. To toggle the fast charge you MAY need to donate $1.00. I did and it works.

2. Download CurrentWidget.

IN BOTH CASES, you need to drag the WIDGET from the widget section, and just delete the 'shortcut' that is initially installed by the apps. In case of Fast Charge widget drag the one with the FULL one with the battery stats and the On/Off button in on the same widget. Drag the current widget (with the white box) also.

3. Connect your stock USB cable to phone AND computer USB port (I use this to really see if fast charge pulls the extra current).

4. Now reboot the PHONE ONLY, with the cable still connected. This is necessary for the kernel to 'sense' fast charge. For me, forcing fast charge in 'settings' (if your ROm has one) did not work, until the cable-reboot thing was done.

5. Wait till the widgets are completely loaded. The Fast Charge app will show OFF and USB and Charging.

6. The Currentwidget will show 5000 or so. Divide by 10, or = 500 mA. This is 0.5 A input.

7. Before turning fast charge on, remove the cable from the PHONE only. The Fast app should show 'battery' and 'discharging'.

8. Turn Fast Charge ON.

9. Reconnect cable to phone.

10. Widget will now show 'AC' and 'charging' and brown battery changes to lightinign bolt.

11. Current widget should now show 9000 or so. Anything above 8000 is good.

Rinse and repeat !!!!!!!!! As an example, I use this with my car usb charger (capable of 1 A, but never did it before !!!) and with GPS / Copilot on and screen on full bright, over 45 mins % batt went from 45% to 57% !!!

NOTE: In fast charge mode USB FILE TRANSFER WILL NOT WORK. USB storage is disabled, because data mode is off. To turn on USB storage, turn off fast charge, disconnect cables and reboot phone. Then with fast charge off reconnect phone.

As long as you do not reboot fast charge can be toggled on/off at will.

Good luck !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: scariola

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo
a few more questions:

1) What's missing/broken in this kernel?

2) do certain apps "break" the first time launched? I see it a lot with FlapJaxxx's kernel for JB...

3) does this kernel support blinking notification by using the 4 icon lights?

When you asked if it supported Fast Charge...

I meant 29...
and yes fast_charge was only removed in 1 or 2 builds, and tbh i dont remember which 2..

CHRIS, MY MAN..... YOU DID IT !!!!

1. The new kernel fixes the jellybam screen flicker !!!!!!

2. .AND FAST CHARGE WORKS OUT THE BOX. Confirmed with Matthew Winters app and also USB from computer now reported as "AC"... AND IT IS CHARGING LIKE THE HOUNDS !!

THANKS !!!

PS: A little bit of candy sent your way. A small token of appreciation

Now just 4 hours later answered not once but TWICE mind you. Once by the OP and once by a user of the Kernel. So I fail to see where the question didnt get answered. You are being just a troll cause your question was answered by the Dev, in a respectful manner, not long after you posted.

back to normal, means no questions get answered. Why would you go back to that? Go forward and push for answers.

Back to normal is you acknowledging your error that your question was answered not once but twice. Normal would be you saying your sorry to the Dev and the rest of the people for your mistake that you missed these 2 posts that give you the appropriate answer you were looking for when you insisted on attacking the Dev instead.

If I can find it just by looking back, then you could have easily looked back to see that your whole point about the BLN was answered. Maybe you can finally acknowledge this fact so we can move on. So please stop derailing the thread with posts that have nothing at all to do with the topic. You are the main source for this topic not being about the Kernel.

Chris,

I for one am grateful. I love the Kernel and it has been great with Jamie's CM ROM. Please dont stop the work being done. I am eternally grateful for the hard work you have done and it has made my OG Note a pleasure to use again.

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
hey just wanted to post about your #29 build. Appreciate it. saved us JellyBam users. Keep up the good work.
No worries, I'll continue working on it.. If it needs some fixes let me know, else im researching some performance updates...

Chris,

I for one am grateful. I love the Kernel and it has been great with Jamie's CM ROM. Please dont stop the work being done. I am eternally grateful for the hard work you have done and it has made my OG Note a pleasure to use again.

Again, don't worry, I'm not going to pickup my ball and go home.. I know people appreciate my work, and its not about the few who don't it was just about the attitude. My work is far from spectacular, but if it helps, cool.. thats why I do it.

Now, back to the thread, which is about development.. any request. Besides BLN and overclocking?

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA

Chris, glad your around, it's good to have a kernel dev around. Not many people left in these here parts

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2 JB!

Reactions: 2sl0w

Chaplain Dennis

Mar 14, 2012

Everybody has one Chris. My humble advice is to let it go. There are more who appreciate your work than are jealous of it! Your one of the few who get down in the mud to make lofe easier for another.
What about "Custom Bootamation". Haven't seen anything on it!"
Thanx! :thumbup::thumbup: