[ROM]8.21.2013 NOS Google Play Edition v1.0.3 [JB 4.2.2 Stock UI]

Search This thread

Newt

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2011
New Castle
HTC U11
HTC U11+
This is something i thought a few of you would enjoy it is completely stock for now and very stable.... If people show interest ill support it as much as i can.

images

Features

Based on 2.14.1700.15 CL211149 release-keys
Stock Android UI
Custom kernel source here
Rooted, SuperSU and busybox
GSM & VZW support
Everything working to my knowledge

v1.0.4 VZW

Fixed Sprint Branding
Big thanks to slfproookie for pointing out the issue

v1.0.3 VZW

Improved data
Fixed LTE icon not showing
Fixed Mms
Fixed things not showing in about phone
Reodexed and zipaligned
Added Google Chrome
This update is due to changes gruesomewolf made for his rom, so big thanks to him

v1.0.2 VZW

Fixed in call volume
Fixed google services crashing
Fixed mms
Tweaked system
alot more to come once all bugs are gone

v1.0.0

Initial release

Credits
Gruesomewolf: Data improvements

ROM

VZW

GSM

Patch's

MOD's​

Enjoy

Last edited:

UchihaKite

Oct 16, 2010
I will install this as soon as I get home. Seriously, right when I think you can't contribute anymore.....you do this. Thanks in advance!

Edit #1: Decided to just go ahead and flash it right now. As soon as I logged into my gmail mail; process com.google.process.location has stopped, kept popping up.

Edit #2: When I got a phone call from my friend, after a few seconds I got a notification that my call was dropped. Only posting this, because I have never actually had a call dropped. Unsure if this is a result of having my Wifi connected, or ROM related.

Edit #3: Also, before I go on my travels, I would like to confirm that Data is working. The install didn't come with an Internet Browser, so, using my LTE I am downloading Chrome.

Edit #4: For giggles I flashed the CM Focal Camera. It works in case anyone was wondering.

Edit #5: Whenever WiFi is Toggled, Location Crashes, also, whenever I reboot the phone the Play store Crashes.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: kun.aries

Newt

Jan 29, 2011
New Castle
HTC U11
HTC U11+
I will install this as soon as I get home. Seriously, right when I think you can't contribute anymore.....you do this. Thanks in advance!

The Verizon version may need a few adjustments I'm waiting to hear from you guys how it goes

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

UchihaKite

Oct 16, 2010
I will most likely edit my first reply with results and what not, when appropriate of course. Don't want to spam this thread, even if it is with your awesomeness :p lol

_phoey

May 13, 2013
So this is just completely bare AOSP?

Sent from my Droid DNA running Rootbox

takota6

Oct 10, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I take back what I say about the West Coast..Awesome. \„/
FYI it's only 415mb
And I'm the one who had to give the 411 to Beaups
Æaa..\~/

Last edited:

UchihaKite

Oct 16, 2010
Have to admit.....downloading is really fast. Even on just one bar.

NOS Google Play Edition V1.0.0

Xpiatio

Jan 20, 2011
Right after installing, going through to setup my google account and everything. Location services error a couple times. Now getting a Google play services has stopped error over and over again. I know its not an error log. But its something.

On verizon.

UchihaKite

Oct 16, 2010
Right after installing, going through to setup my google account and everything. Location services error a couple times. Now getting a Google play services has stopped error over and over again. I know its not an error log. But its something.

On verizon.

I haven't had a problem with Google Play. Try force stopping it, clear data etc see if that happens to fix it?

NOS Google Play Edition V1.0.0

Newt

Jan 29, 2011
New Castle
HTC U11
HTC U11+

On verizon.

Ok just fixed that for the sense version so I know what to do.... How about data?

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
Ok just fixed that for the sense version so I know what to do.... How about data?

I had to toggle airplane mode after first boot, but have data now. still get UNKNOWN NETWORK TYPE:0 in settings/about

And google play services FC when "Wi-Fi & Mobile Network Location" is enabled.

Last edited:

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011

Data seemed to work fine for me but didn't show 4g 3g or anything. Speeds where 4g speeds. Didn't play to much the force closing was to much to bare Lil.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is something i thought a few of you would enjoy it is completely stock for now and very stable.... If people show interest ill support it as much as i can.

images

Features

Based on 2.14.1700.15 CL211149 release-keys
    Stock Android UI
    Custom kernel source here
    Rooted, SuperSU and busybox
    GSM & VZW support
    Everything working to my knowledge

v1.0.4 VZW

Fixed Sprint Branding
    Big thanks to slfproookie for pointing out the issue

v1.0.3 VZW

Improved data
    Fixed LTE icon not showing
    Fixed Mms
    Fixed things not showing in about phone
    Reodexed and zipaligned
    Added Google Chrome
    This update is due to changes gruesomewolf made for his rom, so big thanks to him

v1.0.2 VZW

Fixed in call volume
    Fixed google services crashing
    Fixed mms
    Tweaked system
    alot more to come once all bugs are gone

v1.0.0

Initial release

Credits
    Gruesomewolf: Data improvements

ROM

VZW

GSM

Patch's

MOD's​

Enjoy
    Teaser for you guys

Coming soon to DNA near you!

This makes me VERY happy.. :D

I prefer AOSP to Sense most of the time, but now this... having an HTC custom tailored 4.2.2 vanilla rom for DNA. oh yes..

thanks newtoroot beaups and zarbos and whoever else contributed to making this happen!!

Also, I just scrolled in the settings to sound section... beats audio <3 :cool:

I think I shall be on this for a good WHILE.

I can confirm all the bugs in the initial release are taken care of with the patch, I've had no errors.

The phone does run hot but I just flashed this so...

I love seeing comments like this glad you guys like it... Sounds like my thanks and donation buttons will be wore out lol...

Looks like I'll be adding some stuff to this Rom after all it'll get even better once vzw finally releases their next HTC device I'll be able to get data to work perfectly using parts from it... And I'm pretty sure HTC camera will work on this Rom to... Not to mention I haven't added any of my speed tweaks yet this is bare stock besides what I've fixed

Anyways glad you guys like it more to come

Guys i put together an advanced power menu for this rom today it in the OP make sure you flash the zip for you carrier... more mods to come enjoy
    I'll have a functional DNA Tuesday guys and I'll get these bugs fixed

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app