[ROM][4.4][Unofficial] CyanogenMod 11.0 [1 Dec 2013]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
I found the thread. I did it before u posted it. Anyways how come I don't see the OK Google feature in this. And the settings don't have everything. But it is in Alpha so I guess that's why. Google play store has a problem. When I search, it doesn't load up. But I can find apps but not search. And the screen flashes blue for like 1/50 of a second

Isn't the "Okay Google" feature a hardware-dependent Nexus 5 exclusive? I haven't checked out any other CM 11 threads, so I'm not sure if that was ported from the N5-exclusive launcher or not.

Sent from my DLX using xda app-developers app

frostysnowman3567

Apr 19, 2013
I found the thread. I did it before u posted it. Anyways how come I don't see the OK Google feature in this. And the settings don't have everything. But it is in Alpha so I guess that's why. Google play store has a problem. When I search, it doesn't load up. But I can find apps but not search. And the screen flashes blue for like 1/50 of a second

Ya I'm getting the blue screen to

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
ame4yjaq.jpg
here's a screen shot of my OK Google working perfectly.
Isn't the "Okay Google" feature a hardware-dependent Nexus 5 exclusive? I haven't checked out any other CM 11 threads, so I'm not sure if that was ported from the N5-exclusive launcher or not.

Sent from my DLX using xda app-developers app

I have the OK Google option. I have since I started using the Google launcher. I haven't had any issues calling or txting are you guys Verizon users? I also haven't had any issues with Google play.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: brochild

djelement1

Mar 10, 2012
I did notice that if you pick "launcher 3" as your launcher instead of the Google home launcher the "ok Google" feature doesn't work. Seems like the "ok Google" feature is dependent on the Google home launcher.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
Did a dirty flash from 10.2 without issues, snappy!

Sambena

Jan 7, 2012
Google wallet tap and pay

From what I have read tap and pay should work on any kit kat rom. I have tried to install google wallet and tap and pay is disabled.
I am wondering if I change the build.prop to HTC one, if tap and pay will work.

Has any one done this or is there more to it then tricking the wallet app into thinking you have an authorized phone to get tap and pay to work?

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
I did notice that if you pick "launcher 3" as your launcher instead of the Google home launcher the "ok Google" feature doesn't work. Seems like the "ok Google" feature is dependent on the Google home launcher.

It is dependent on that launcher and that's the one I'm using.

djh816

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2009
sms working fine here (VZW). also for anyone curious, ART runtime works great with op's gapps and has very good app compatibility in general. there's a thread on xda somewhere.

Edit: Only thing I feel is missing is the "Buttons" section of settings to remap long press hold of recents. But that will come with time :] Thanks for the great build, everyone involved!

Sambena

Jan 7, 2012
Poor camera quality

Has anyone noticed poor image quality with the default camera?

here are some test shots taken from about 4-10 inches away.

IMG_20131116_223417.jpg

IMG_20131116_223432.jpg

IMG_20131116_224044.jpg

IMG_20131116_224138.jpg

Technogen

Jul 15, 2008
Is there any way to set what the captive buttons do on this? I'm currently not seeing it or how to what notification titles are shown, but its 1am and I may be a little derp.

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
Tired this out and it feels slower than 4.3.1. Glad we have kit kat!!!! Looking forward to the future. BTW I dirty flashed and no problems.

johnwaug

Nov 24, 2012
Crazy great work amit. Been running since posted. DD for sure. I haven't found any issues yet. I did have to install the photosphere camera but everything else smooth as can be. Thanks for making my phone cutting edge again. I knew the hardware was awesome when I bought at launch however the developers are the ones that have made this phone great.

I used the theme choose and installed a red theme. Everything worked except the battery and clock part of the theme.

autolycus89

Sep 28, 2010
New York City
Smooth, No FCs Yet, GPS Working on GSM

Using DNA on GSM, flashed ROM, GAPPS and GSM patch earlier today, no hiccups. Smooth, no FCs. I did a full wipe.

Google Now works, "OK Google" commands work from stock launcher.

GPS works as well (screenshot from indoors). I'll keep it as my daily for now and see how it goes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-17-17-32-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-17-17-32-13.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 388

thekidmoon

Aug 31, 2010
Tired this out and it feels slower than 4.3.1. Glad we have kit kat!!!! Looking forward to the future. BTW I dirty flashed and no problems.

I dirty flashed and it was slow also, but once I tried a clean flash it become faster than cm 10.2

Reactions: d08speed3

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
I dirty flashed and it was slow also, but once I tried a clean flash it become faster than cm 10.2

I will try it out! Def waiting for CP to release a kernel! I miss the HTC Color Enhancement!

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
Is there any way to set what the captive buttons do on this? I'm currently not seeing it or how to what notification titles are shown, but its 1am and I may be a little derp.

This is an alpha build. The most important thing is to get all BASIC functionalities working, which are working.
Then moving onto custom features we love tinkering with.
I personally think its a DD for me.

It a MUST that you clean flash this build. You are changing android version from 4.3 to 4.4 and you are dirty flashing and then commenting that it feels slow :eek::eek:

Crazy great work amit. Been running since posted. DD for sure. I haven't found any issues yet. I did have to install the photosphere camera but everything else smooth as can be. Thanks for making my phone cutting edge again. I knew the hardware was awesome when I bought at launch however the developers are the ones that have made this phone great.

I used the theme choose and installed a red theme. Everything worked except the battery and clock part of the theme.

Glad that you are njoying the rom :thumbup:
Currently no theme is fully compatible with cm11 theme chooser. Give some time it will be ;)

Using DNA on GSM, flashed ROM, GAPPS and GSM patch earlier today, no hiccups. Smooth, no FCs. I did a full wipe.

Google Now works, "OK Google" commands work from stock launcher.

GPS works as well (screenshot from indoors). I'll keep it as my daily for now and see how it goes.

Glad that you are njoying the rom :thumbup:

For me its a DD as well. Dont know how people are getting issues/fc with it if they follow the instructions to T :confused:

Clean flash is MUST

Tapatalked from TF300T - Omnirom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (Kit Kat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

Coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Install the Google Apps addon package.

NOTE :-> IF you are GSM user, then flash GSMPatch v2 from 2nd post

What works:
    Data/calls
    Camera
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    LEDs
    Speakers

Doesn't work:
    You tell me

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://fs1.androidfilesharing.com/8f662f85c6f05ead
    NOTE: Can only be flashed with latest CWM(6.0.4.4)

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://d-h.st/3k8

Device Wiki
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Dlx_Info

Sources
    CM Source
    Sources

CREDITS
    + CHAD0989
    + CRPALMER
    + INVISIBLEK

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.4][Unofficial] CyanogenMod 11.0 [1 Dec 2013], a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    amit_sen, chad0989, crpalmer, invisiblek
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-01

Created 2013-11-16
    Last Updated 2013-12-01
    As promised, new build is UP

http://fs1.androidfilesharing.com/8f662f85c6f05ead

Changelog ::
    Hardware Key mapping
    All the latest changes to DNA device.

This is the last build i will be putting up for CM as i think we will get official nighlies soon ;)

HIT THANKS button if you feel i deserve it :D
    New build is UP.
    Quicksettings has been added.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz0AKGuBtpqHLW9reWswUVByVkE/edit?usp=sharing

Hit THANKS button if you feel i deserve it.

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T
    CWM Recovery

http://flyhalf205.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.5-dlx.img

Credits :: Flyhalf205

FAQ

Q1. `OK Google` feature not working.
    A1. Select GE launcher to enable it. Its in gapps package. Launcher3 is not having this feature.

Q2. If apps are fc`ing, root is not sticking.
    A2. Make sure you are NOT using ART. ART is for dev. purposes. Many apps are not designed to use ART currently. Dont report any bugs when you are using ART runtime method.

Q3. Titanium Backup is not restoring apps.
    A3. Set your backup dir for Titanium Backup as ::

storage/emulated/legacy/TitaniumBackup

After setting backup dir, System will prompt to move your backups from previous dir to new correct one.
    Then proceed with restoring backups.

GSM Patch
    Attached file ::
    Anybody having no lockscreen and FC going to security, try my build.

The hardware keystore is probably still being built in the other build, which is currently broken in 4.4

The keystore is almost definitely being built and, if so, the other build (not yours) will also potentially cause SystemUI to force close when you unlock your phone using a password.

For those asking about the state of our device, we're actually in pretty good standing. intervigilium has been dedicating some time to the M7 which directly benefits us in the kernel that we share with the M7, indirectly because we can mirror much of his hard work without much effort and we even get the side benefit of getting good help and advice from him at the same time.