Fastboot cable

Search This thread

suprkain

Mar 28, 2012
Butler
A friend of mine has a kindle fire hd 8.9 which he wants me to root and put a custom rom on. The problem is he doesn't have the fastboot cable anymore. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't screw up his device but I just want to be extra cautious since it's not a device I own. Now my wife has a 1st generation kindle fire with the original plug/charger so I was wondering if that fastboot cable would work just as well. Sorry about the dumb question I just want to make sure I have everything covered before I work on my friends kindle.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
A friend of mine has a kindle fire hd 8.9 which he wants me to root and put a custom rom on. The problem is he doesn't have the fastboot cable anymore. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't screw up his device but I just want to be extra cautious since it's not a device I own. Now my wife has a 1st generation kindle fire with the original plug/charger so I was wondering if that fastboot cable would work just as well. Sorry about the dumb question I just want to make sure I have everything covered before I work on my friends kindle.

No fastboot cord for 8.9 KFHD. Just use standard USB cord. If it fits it will work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Fastboot cables don't work on the 8.9” models anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app