just came to t mobile!!

Search This thread

tony5593

Mar 7, 2011
JBLM, WA
I had T-Mobile a couple of years ago in Puerto Rico, when the GS2 came out and their LTE network down there was new. My download speeds were always in the teens, it wasnt that bad. But for whatever reason (I can't remember why) I switched. Now I'm glad I'm back.
I've had consistent signal with it so far, meanwhile my Sprint GS5 is spotty as hell. You'd think that Sprint would have consistent service on an Army post ?
Anyway consistent service and data, AWESOME speed, AWESOME phone and cheaper bill.
Plus I realized last night that the T-Mobile GS5 DEV side is wayyy bigger then the Sprint side.
Only thing bugging me is that my number still hasn't been ported, I'm walking around with 2 phones because I'm still receiving all my calls and texts on the Sprint phone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

tony5593

Mar 7, 2011
JBLM, WA
^ Congrats! Very envious haha. When I switched to T-Mobile, it wasn't that great. LTE speeds would not exceed 20mbps and more than often, sitting on 5-10mbps. While that's not bad, it was not enough to make me give up my AT&T 60+ speeds haha. I also found T-Mobile to be so so when traveling in the car or using spotify. The signal was all over the place.
[/QUOTE]

Damn, I forgot this:

Attachments

• 1399211339222.jpg
    1399211339222.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 225

Eris _2.1_2010

May 13, 2010
South Bend, IN
I've been with Sprint almost a year now. Been hearing a lot of good things about T-Mobile. My only concern is that I travel a lot. Any travelers on T-Mobile, what's the service like for you?

yaniel06

Mar 4, 2011
I had sprint for 11 years. Loyal. Even through bad signal. They got me when I returned a phone 4 days after I got it. My wife didn't want it. I asked them if they could waive the activation fee which BTW is so stupid that they charge this fee every time you get a new phone on contract with them. They said no. I said screw you. Went to tmobile the following day and ported over 2 numbers. Signal is great and fast

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

adj998

Aug 13, 2011
Texas
HTC Leo
Windows Phone 8s by HTC
I had tmobile a few years back but I ended up switching to cricket -_- worst service ever I was lucky to get 1 bar at the most in my area, so I decided to try metro pcs since it's merged with tmobile and the service is fantastic, I get full signal and great service. Has all the features a tmobile phone has, and I'm going crazy on this phone since I was using a flashed epic 4g on cricket lol

dusty1268

Apr 5, 2013
Mooresboro
I just came back to T-Mobile as well from AT&T and I'm a little bummed and I'll admit I didn't check my coverage area for T-Mobile in my area so now I'm stuck with 99% of my area being mostly 2G/EDGE speeds until hopefully the towers in my area are refarmed in mid 2015. Luckily I get WiFi at home and work. Loving my new S5 though it's a pretty amazing phone so far. I had an international unlocked Galaxy S3 i9300 before this that I loved and the LCD went bad in it so instead of getting it fixed I got a T-Mobile GS5..

Attachments

• 1399262161247.jpg
    1399262161247.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 169

kheltek

Feb 25, 2013
To switch or not to switch

I'm strongly considering making the switch - I spend a lot of time in Central and North Jersey, along with NYC. Can anyone provide feedback regarding the service? I'm on ATT now which has great coverage but I use quite a bit of data, so the price is what is attracting me the most. I know that T-Mobile had an issue with their signal penetrating into buildings. Is that still an issue? Thank you in advance for any feedback you could provide!

I just came back to T-Mobile as well from AT&T and I'm a little bummed and I'll admit I didn't check my coverage area for T-Mobile in my area so now I'm stuck with 99% of my area being mostly 2G/EDGE speeds until hopefully the towers in my area are refarmed in mid 2015. Luckily I get WiFi at home and work. Loving my new S5 though it's a pretty amazing phone so far. I had an international unlocked Galaxy S3 i9300 before this that I loved and the LCD went bad in it so instead of getting it fixed I got a T-Mobile GS5..

dusty1268

Apr 5, 2013
Mooresboro
I'm strongly considering making the switch - I spend a lot of time in Central and North Jersey, along with NYC. Can anyone provide feedback regarding the service? I'm on ATT now which has great coverage but I use quite a bit of data, so the price is what is attracting me the most. I know that T-Mobile had an issue with their signal penetrating into buildings. Is that still an issue? Thank you in advance for any feedback you could provide!

It's not an issue for where I am and the buildings I go in to. Check your coverage area using the Sensorly app. It's a great app to check coverage.

tony5593

Mar 7, 2011
JBLM, WA

I wouldn't worry about T-Mobile's coverage in NYC that much. It's great and I almost always have great speed. It's not so great in basements of course lol, but that's where Wifi Calling comes into place. I'm not going to lie though, in certain buildings my data drops down to EDGE but it's been a lot better, but again, this is when Wifi Calling is useful.

kheltek

Feb 25, 2013
Thanks for the response. I decided to give tmo a shot using a prepaid card on an unlocked phone and wow! Signal is great and speed is remarkable. I also happened to get burned royally on my first att bill and the CSR was beyond rude. I'm hitting magenta tomorrow and grabbing some unlimited data :)
I wouldn't worry about T-Mobile's coverage in NYC that much. It's great and I almost always have great speed. It's not so great in basements of course lol, but that's where Wifi Calling comes into place. I'm not going to lie though, in certain buildings my data drops down to EDGE but it's been a lot better, but again, this is when Wifi Calling is useful.

justanotherasian

May 15, 2014
I got into T Mobile when i moved and had to get a sim card for my phone that i bought outside of the states... Stuck with them ever since, mainly because I can't really afford the other one :p

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
I have both ATT and TMO, i'll never have another CDMA carrier...only reason I can't leave ATT is that TMO has literally no service at my house, outdoors service is on par with ATT but indoors here in Chicago, its sometimes hard to get a good T-Mo LTE signal.

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007
I have both ATT and TMO, i'll never have another CDMA carrier...only reason I can't leave ATT is that TMO has literally no service at my house, outdoors service is on par with ATT but indoors here in Chicago, its sometimes hard to get a good T-Mo LTE signal.

Use wifi calling :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, iv been a sprint user for 4 years. When i renewed my contract 2 years ago with the s3 i said to myself "im an MOD EDIT: PROFANITY REMOVED for sticking with sprint"

So many issues and terrible service and billing.

today i went to t mobile and signed up them and got a s5! glad to be apart of the t mobile s5 section instead of sprint on xda!
    Welcome to gsm land. Use any phone you want without that ESN CDMA crap.

Welcome! I was actually on AT&T for almost 5 years.. But when Simple Choice came out I couldn't turn it down.. I now save more than a hundred a month with TMO and get much more data. Couldn't be happier with the swap.

Sent from my SM-G900T
    I was on T-Mobile with my LG G2 but switched to Verizon because T-mobile didn't have any black S5's last Saturday, and once I got my Verizon S5 I realized things that I didn't know which was download booster not available as well as some of the software that is on other carriers. Also Verizon locking down the phone which I didn't realize until later. So I went to Verizon today a week later and returned the phone as well as canceled service with them, and then went straight to T-Mobile and got the S5 from them. Now I'm a happy camper and will never return to Verizon again they will rip you off without blinking an eye.
    I'm the same as OP and im glad to moved from there services. went from 0-1 bar signal to full bars and 40Mbps 4G speeds