What do you guys think about this deal (Asap)

Search This thread

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
OK I was at work and some guy came up to me asking me how much I would sell him my galaxy s5 for and I said $550 and he said $500 and I'll take it now, he did give me a day to think... Also have new his phone number (he's a regular customer so he's not a stranger) Mind you here's the thing I have t-mobile, i'm on jump so I still owe 636 so far... Is it worth it.. I honestly want to get either a nexus or an htc one m8... What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
It'll be your luck, you'll trade and a AOSP ROM will release the next day. I would only make the sell if I had enough to buy my next phone outright and with at least 50 to pay towards paying off the s5. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

The funny thing is I was thinking the same thing sell my phone and i bet following week "google ROM 4.4.3"
Then... **face palm** lol I am thinking about the Lg g3 as well but that comes out in ending of june/beginning of July.. So idk...

bnight

Nov 26, 2010
Sofia
I don`t think 500$ are enough for this phone. I personally looks to sell mine for around 550$ and 10% off are really a big deal. I`m happy with the S5 however I do think that it`s not a big improvement over the S4 which is currently on sale so yes if you could agree on 525$ or something close to the 550$ I would sell it.

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
I don`t think 500$ are enough for this phone. I personally looks to sell mine for around 550$ and 10% off are really a big deal. I`m happy with the S5 however I do think that it`s not a big improvement over the S4 which is currently on sale so yes if you could agree on 525$ or something close to the 550$ I would sell it.

I think I could definitely get $550 I'll throw in two cases, one holster and one spigen slim fit case ? what do you guys think? Lg phone won't come out till end of June, idk what I'll use... Lol

Last edited:

bnight

Nov 26, 2010
Sofia
I personally think that this is good deal but what you will use I don`t know it actually depends on how cutting edge you want to go. I don`t fallow the news about the LG phones not a huge fen and I actually like the Samsung phones. Probably if sold my S5 will go for S4 or Nexus 5. I currently have a pending offer to change my S5 for iPhone 5s don`t know if it`s a good deal ?

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Wow just called him, told him bout the cases included for $550and said he doesn't want any cases he just wanted the phone for $500.00 and I was like**sighs** OK... He's gonna take it to Ecuador... He's probably gonna flip it for more money over there...

DistrictDigital

Sep 24, 2011
Colorado
districtdigital.tk
The funny thing is I was thinking the same thing sell my phone and i bet following week "google ROM 4.4.3"
Then... **face palm** lol I am thinking about the Lg g3 as well but that comes out in ending of june/beginning of July.. So idk...

By the end of June, I'm almost certain we'll have proper CM11 official ROMs.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 G900P running R.D.D.T Mystery Build v1.1 using Mystery Build Stock Kernal

bnight

Nov 26, 2010
Sofia
Wow just called him, told him bout the cases included for $550and said he doesn't want any cases he just wanted the phone for $500.00 and I was like**sighs** OK... He's gonna take it to Ecuador... He's probably gonna flip it for more money over there...

Question remains what will be your next device ?

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Most likely a CM11 official ROM isn't so far away from now, they are working on it.

LG G3 seems to be really nice. I'd get one if they sold it here.

Question is will they make a cm11 on the lg g3 a bit faster than the s5 based on security? Or could it be about the same? Lg nexus's and lg g2 have massive production... So idk... What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance!!

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Question is will they make a cm11 on the lg g3 a bit faster than the s5 based on security? Or could it be about the same? Lg nexus's and lg g2 have massive production... So idk... What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance!!

Samsung devices usually are the first to get dev support. I wouldn't sell it for $550 let alone $500. You have jump right? Use it and upgrade to the G3 when it comes out.

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Samsung devices usually are the first to get dev support. I wouldn't sell it for $550 let alone $500. You have jump right? Use it and upgrade to the G3 when it comes out.

I'm sorry that makes no sense what's so ever.... If I use jump, I'll have to have paid half the phone ($336) hand in my Galaxy S5, Get the Lg G3 let's say for arguments sake it retails at $600.00 so that's

$336.00 (other half I owe for the S5)
$600.00 (new balance for Lg G3)
That's $936 in total... That's obviously not smart buddy...

Vs

Selling this phone getting
$500 (Sold S5 Money)
- $600 (LG G3 Phone)
-----------
$100 (the difference)
$670 (S5 balance)
----------
In total only spent $770 vs $936

Bro jump is a scam the T-Mobile rep broke it down for me

???? so yeah nice try with jump

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I'm sorry that makes no sense what's so ever.... If I use jump, I'll have to have paid half the phone ($336) hand in my Galaxy S5, Get the Lg G3 let's say for arguments sake it retails at $600.00 so that's

Ah. You have the new jump. I have the old one so I pay nothing when I upgrade :)

Before this horrible scam that they call "JUMP 2", there was actually good plan that let you wipe out the entire balance of the phone and pay nothing at all when you upgrade up to 2 times a year.

Reactions: Slicktune

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Ah. You have the new jump. I have the old one so I pay nothing when I upgrade :)

Before this horrible scam that they call "JUMP 2", there was actually good plan that let you wipe out the entire balance of the phone and pay nothing at all when you upgrade up to 2 times a year.

Wow..... That's sick... Too bad I was too late... I was introduced into jump when the s5 released... ? lol that would have saved me a ton of money... In that case it would have been worth it the way you said it...?

Thanks anyways... ?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Wow..... That's sick... Too bad I was too late... I was introduced into jump when the s5 released... ? lol that would have saved me a ton of money... In that case it would have been worth it the way you said it...?

Thanks anyways... ?

Yeah on your jump plan, don't do it. Just sell it if you really want aosp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It'll be your luck, you'll trade and a AOSP ROM will release the next day. I would only make the sell if I had enough to buy my next phone outright and with at least 50 to pay towards paying off the s5. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    No aosp Roms for this phone... And no one has any idea when....