[Solution] G4 Hard SPL (CID unlock)

Search This thread

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
The G4 soft-SPL is working great, and some people already have used our hard SPL for some time now.

FAQ:

What is Hard SPL?
- a custom G4 SPL patched by Olipro which let your device thing it has SuperCID (aka CID unlocked)

What is different to the Soft SPL?
-Soft SPL is temporarily, this solution is semi permanent, it will be removed by flashing an original G4 SPL.
-You don't need a separate loader in the future, just use the RUU provided in the ROM package.

Can I use it for other devices than for a G4 wizard?
G4 Wizards only, use at own risk

Usage:
-connect your device
-Start hard_SPL-G4.exe
-Push the "Check DOC" button
-> The tool now checks whether your device is truly a G4, if not, it will give you an error and stops.
-> after this a dos box pops up, and it loads the softSPL to your device, to enable hard-SPL flashing.
-> then a Rom Update Utility will start, ONLY proceed if your screen is white!
-Proceed with the upgrade, it will only take a minute.
After reboot the IPL version is : 2.21.0001 and the SPL is 2.21.olip

Now you have Hard SPL
You can flash the ROMs with the RUU in the ROM package, should you have trouble with upgrading, try Mun's RUU (thanks for the tip Boto).

So no need to downgrade before upgrade anymore.
But don't flash ROMs containing IPL/SPL.

If you got the following error:
g3.jpg

You didn't read the thread, and you may thank mestrini for his detection tool, otherwise your device would be a brick.

Thanks to Mestrini, who made the DOC checker so that only G4 can be flashed, and G3's can't, thus saving them from certain death!
Thanks to Olipro who patched the G4 SPL
Thanks to DES and Pof, from whom I took the idea and and some of the scripts.
Thanks to SAA044 who beta tested all the sSPL and hard SPL versions, and lost a wizard in the process, but kept his head cool, and kept on testing with his brand new wizard, respect to you, and thanks my friend!
Thanks to all I didn't mention but had an input in this project.

You can download the hardSPL from here HERE or here.
[edit]26-09-'07 02:00 repacked the Hard SPL, it seems that the first package method caused some problems.[/edit]

Post Script (09th Oct. '07)

As I have mentioned before in this post:
You shouldn't try to update ROM's with IPL/SPL after HARD SPL.

BUT: If you want to update IPL/SPL for G4 after hard SPL, do as following:

-disassemble ROM with IPL/SPL of your liking
Usage: typho5.exe -x nk.nbf
-reassemble the ROM or IPL/SPL with NKnbftool.
Make shure you only use G4 IPL/SPL for your G4, those are the IPL_2 and SPL_2 files created by typho5.exe.
-copy the nk.nbf you just created to SOFT SPL Folder
-start Soft SPL and flash the IPL/SPL.
You will lose the hardSPL though!

Typho5.exe and nknbftool are available in most kitchens.
The new WST also has some nice features to strip a ROM.

[updated 07.10.07]
dharvey4651 wrote a tutorial on how to Remove the Hard-SPL

Last edited:

saa044

Jul 28, 2007
Pretoria
Yes come on you lazy bums, I tested the spl for all of you and bricked my 1st k-jam, I donated the first and only blocks. So if you guys expect more magic its time to give back a little. ;)

danielvelez

Sep 8, 2007
Unfortunatelly I´m on windows Vista and it does not seems to work quite allright with Wizard Service Tool...
Anyway, as I get home tonight I will use my wife´s computer (if she doesn´t find me messing around again with the new cellphone...) and will try to get you another CID lock...

:)

Ok.
no need to bug my wife... Actually it seems that the CID Block downloading from Wizard Service Tool works just fine unde Windows vista. I´ve downloaded mine and have already e-mailed it to Mestrini...

Last edited:

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Unfortunatelly I´m on windows Vista and it does not seems to work quite allright with Wizard Service Tool...
Anyway, as I get home tonight I will use my wife´s computer (if she doesn´t find me messing around again with the new cellphone...) and will try to get you another CID lock...

:)

That is the spirit.
Thanks bro :)

danielvelez

Sep 8, 2007
The G4 soft-SPL is working great, and some people already have used our hard SPL for some time now.

Faq.

What is Hard SPL?
- a custom G4 SPL patched by Olipro which let your device thing it has SuperCID (aka CID unlocked)

What is different to the Soft SPL?
-Soft SPL is temporarily, this solution is semi permanent, it will be removed by flashing an original G4 SPL.
-You don't need a separate loader in the future, just use the RUU provided in the ROM package.

Can I use it for other devices than for a G4 wizard?
G4 Wizards only

Usage:
-connect your device
-Start hard_SPL-G4.exe
-Push the "Check DOC" button
-> The tool now checks whether your device is truly a G4, if not, it will give you an error and stops.
-> after this a dos box pops up, and it loads the softSPL to your device, to enable hard-SPL flashing.
-> then a Rom Update Utility will start, ONLY proceed if your screen is white!
-Proceed with the upgrade, it will only take a minute.
After reboot the IPL version is : 2.21.0001 and the SPL is 2.21.olip

Now you have Hard SPL

Thanks to Mestrini, who made the DOC checker so that only G4 can be flashed, and G3's can't, thus saving them from certain death!
Thanks To Olipro who patched the G4 SPL
Thanks to DES and Pof, from whom I took the idea and and some of the scripts.

[attachments are not yet uploaded]
Hard SPL is not yet uploaded
We have decided to hold back the Hard SPL for a little while:
-Since the release of the Soft SPL over 850 people downloaded it, however nobody felt obliged to give something back to the community .

In my signature I have been asking to share your CID block with Mestrini, so he can finish his free solution for the "data crashes error".
However, (apart from a single soul) nobody cared, and nobody shared.
This saddens me, Our community is here to help each other, you are all shouting for solutions, but no-one is helping..

To emphasize things:
All the people working on this G4 project DON'T OWN A G4, soft SPL and HARD SPL where brought to you by G3 owners, our beta tester even bricked one while testing. So we didn't have any gain in this free tool!

Hard SPL will be released as soon as mestrini has his 100 CID blocks, he now only has 53 (and 40 were donated by a SINGLE user!!)
The request was first posted on may the 17th..
That summons up the community spirit a bit.

So share now:
[*]Get Wizard Service Tool (LINK) and use the "Read ROM" button to read the CID area, and contact mestrini so he can get the CID block.
All posting regarding CID block/data crashes error have to be posted here

Questions:
- After hard-SSPL I´m guessing that you get your softspl flashed... so the following flashes are supposed to be also with the white screen using the default rru? or should they go to the three color screen bootloader but with another SPL version (olip one)?
- And If your IPL is different, say 2.26.0001 It will actually change to 2.21.0001?
- And does the 2.21 SPL means that you now have a G4 IPL and a G3 SPL?
- Would you be able to flash a rom that has IPL or SPL, or you should keep away from those as usual?

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
- And If your IPL is different, say 2.26.0001 It will actually change to 2.21.0001?
- And does the 2.21 SPL means that you now have a G4 IPL and a G3 SPL?
- Would you be able to flash a rom that has IPL or SPL, or you should keep away from those as usual?

If I recall rightly, I blocked SPL flashing.

dferreira

Jan 26, 2007
Oulu
www.denzilferreira.com
I only seen this thread right now. I have already the HardSPL done, will the CID Block reading still help mestrini?

Edit: I've sent him my readings ;) Sorry I didn't noticed this earlier... :eek: I've got an Key index 80, which he doesn't have any :)

Last edited:

neonkoala

Aug 27, 2006
Sent key block, just curious what if all 100 keys aren't actually in the wild? Just a thought... (I already have unlocked G4 from IMEI-check so I'm not after this, I was just curious).

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Sent key block, just curious what if all 100 keys aren't actually in the wild? Just a thought... (I already have unlocked G4 from IMEI-check so I'm not after this, I was just curious).

If there aren't 100 in the wild than those unreleased aren't necessary ;)

Thanks for your contribution :)

B

boto

heheh i already send my a long time ago...
i never understand why anyone help mestrini!!!
now you find a good way for that!!

waiting for the hard SPL!!

see you =]

danielvelez

Sep 8, 2007
If I recall rightly, I blocked SPL flashing.

Sorry I did not quite get it... You are saying that after using hard SPL, you won´t be able to re-flash any SPL on the phone as it get´s blocked? So if you try a rom with SPL on it you wont need to worry about it as it wont flash the spl, so impossible to brick the G4 if accidentally flashing a G3 rom?

As i understand the bricking issue comes only for flashing a g3 spl into a g4...

And also i´m still curious about the hard-spl version, with only 2.21 olip:
"olip" standing for the 0000 after the 21 meaning it still a g4 spl or meaning that you now have a working g3 spl on a g4 device?

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Sorry I did not quite get it... You are saying that after using hard SPL, you won´t be able to re-flash any SPL on the phone as it get´s blocked? So if you try a rom with SPL on it you wont need to worry about it as it wont flash the spl, so impossible to brick the G4 if accidentally flashing a G3 rom?

As i understand the bricking issue comes only for flashing a g3 spl into a g4...

And also i´m still curious about the hard-spl version, with only 2.21 olip:
"olip" standing for the 0000 after the 21 meaning it still a g4 spl or meaning that you now have a working g3 spl on a g4 device?

Be careful SPL flashing is still possible.
Soft SPL also allows spl flashing! And soft SPL is the same thing only temporary, so be carefull.

The hard SPL is a full flown G4 SPL, but marked 2.21.olip instead of 2.212.0001 so you can see that a patched SPL is on the device.

Last edited:
B

boto

argggg i cant donwload it!!

site is full of leech!!

Last edited:
B

boto

i dont know what hapen, but when soft spl start
the screen close and ruu dont start to proced...=/

B

boto

hehe leech, download at same time..
or link is not soooo good..

but now i donwload it...

man..can you please try to help me? everytime that i start the unlock when the soft spl start the prompt close on 20%

i always use the softspl to flash roms without problem.

_________

Ok, i think i find a solution, i extract the .exe file...

looks the temp folder cause this problem

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
hehe leech, download at same time..
or link is not soooo good..

but now i donwload it...

man..can you please try to help me? everytime that i start the unlock when the soft spl start the prompt close on 20%

i always use the softspl to flash roms without problem.

You can extract the hard spl exe.
We only added the doc checker to start the soft spl.

B

boto

ok...

now i dont get the white screen, only a pinguim ;P like kernel boot screen

i will try again...

___

One more try and now white screen!! let see how will work...prey for me!

Result: my ruu dont find a connection....3 try...

Last edited: