[Q] SMS/Text not working on the Infuse

Search This thread

Mr Jason

Jun 17, 2011
Clarksville, TN
I think I know what the problem is, but I want to make double sure before I go to the AT&T store.

I recently changed over to the Infused 1.5 ROM and during the process had to take out the SIM Card due to a small issue I had. Did this about 3 days ago and phone, data, and email have been working fine.

Last night, I thought it was odd that I was not receiving text messages and asked one of my friends to try to text. Did not get anything, so I tried texting him. Still nothing. So I decided to try it in my Blackberry to see if I can text, and I still could not receive or send texts despite being able to before on this phone.

From what I have read, some people have had issues if the new batch of SIM cards gets scratched, so I am planning on going to the AT&T store to exchange the SIM card and have them test text messaging. Anyone else had any similar issues?

aisleofview

Sep 11, 2008
message center number

See if Your message center number was wiped when you installed new ROM. go to Messaging/Settings/Message Center....
If there is no number, Insert this +1 312 314 9810,
This is the message center number for ALL AT&T SIM cards.

Hope this helped.

att.com/esupport/solutionDisplay.jsp?solutionId=kb38686

Sent from my Motorola PT-550 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: Mr Jason

Mr Jason

Jun 17, 2011
Clarksville, TN
See if Your message center number was wiped when you installed new ROM. go to Messaging/Settings/Message Center....

Hope this helped.

Tried it last night, did not work. Set exactly as you posted.

Dxtra

May 27, 2010
Exchange your sim card. Some how your message center data was wipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
O

Optimus-Prime

i had the same issues when i flashed a that rom too. but a reboot fixed it. then went to stock and im back again. this time its working though

Similar Problem- Unable to send SMS from Beanstalk Rom 4.4+

Hi,
I am getting a similar problem and I am unable to send sms from my infuse, though I am able to receive SMS. I am using a Beanstalk ROM 4.4.240-20140203.
Model No: SGH-I997
Baseband Version: I997UCLB3
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I997UCLB3-CL977492-g1bc7cfe
I think the problem is that the Message Center number is not properly set in the settings, but the problem is that I am unable to find the settings to change the message center.

I have searched for the option to change the Message Center by clicking on settings of messaging app but though there are many options to change the viewing settings of SMSes but there is no option to change the SMS Center number.

I would be greatly thankful for directing me in the correct direction

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    message center number

Hope this helped.