TF201 Root without Pc Possible?

Search This thread

nhiles711

Apr 25, 2014
Hi i was just wondering if its possible to root my tf201 4.1.1 without a pc i dont have data cable and dont plan on buying one or is it possible to overclock my cpu without tablet being rooted?

suhiSLO

Sep 13, 2010
It would be nice. Since i cant get over the fact that i cant connect my prime to pc. Went thru 100 sites with guides, have a new cable, but still wont recognise it or even show it in the mannager. Tried installing drivers manualy but no luck. Tablet is unlocked, wiped and reset a million times, connected to different pc's....

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi i was just wondering if its possible to root my tf201 4.1.1 without a pc i dont have data cable and dont plan on buying one or is it possible to overclock my cpu without tablet being rooted?

The root tools require a PC I believe. You can get a data cable from ebay for a few bucks plus your prime came with a perfectly usable one that you use to charge it with ;)

You can;t overclock it at all without first flashing a new kernel which means you would need to unlock it first. Potentially you can unlock, install a custom recovery and download a new rom/kernel and flash without a PC.