Looking at Custom ROMs for my Note 3, with emphasis on minimalism and battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

axonn

Mar 4, 2008
Stockholm
You stated the obvious, of course that is an alternative! :). But hey, I asked BECAUSE I wanted to gauge the public opinion here on the Forum a bit :). I mean, you guys here have been doing this for many months now and I would be thankful for a sip from your experience. Sure, I will definitely start trying out ROMs, but a few starting tips wouldn't hurt, don't you think?

axonn

Mar 4, 2008
Stockholm
"Which is the best" threads are not allowed on xda. If you want people's opinions, read around and look at their posts (and most post what they're running in their signatures).

But I did NOT ask "what is the best" :). If you scroll up and read again what I wrote, I asked for *SUGGESTIONS*. Even the thread TITLE does NOT mention anything about "best" or "top 5".

I want to know about what are considered popular ROMs, used by more than the ROMs author and a few others.

My other post said:

" I mean, you guys here have been doing this for many months now and I would be thankful for a sip from your experience. Sure, I will definitely start trying out ROMs, but a few starting tips wouldn't hurt, don't you think? "

I did not ask for much and I maintained a polite and civilized approach, and I'm sad to see that people around here aren't as helpful as they used to be back in 2008.

Reactions: Kontal

Mooninite82

Jun 3, 2014
Grand Prairie
Kit Kat Killer by Josh Beach

I've been looking at Assasin ROM ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701444 ), seems pretty cool.

Any other suggestions?

I'm new to the rooting world friend, but of the two Custom Roms I've tried I like Kit Kat Killer over Cyanogenmod 11. I came from a Sprint Samsung Note III (SM-N900P). Give it a shot man it's awesome, it's got a bunch of cool wallpapers, a bad ass beastmode Kernel that reaches 2.762 Ghz and I like that you can actually still use the S-pen as opposed to CM11. Just a rookie myself but I say flash it man I'm happy with it. Peace.

ronnie498

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2010
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM / Kernel threads are not allowed on XDA. Please test these things for yourself.
That is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion, and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Thread Closed

ronnie498
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been looking at Assasin ROM ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701444 ), seems pretty cool.

Any other suggestions?
    Read, flash, see if you like. Repeat as necessary.
    "Which is the best" threads are not allowed on xda. If you want people's opinions, read around and look at their posts (and most post what they're running in their signatures).

But I did NOT ask "what is the best" :). If you scroll up and read again what I wrote, I asked for *SUGGESTIONS*. Even the thread TITLE does NOT mention anything about "best" or "top 5".

I want to know about what are considered popular ROMs, used by more than the ROMs author and a few others.

My other post said:

" I mean, you guys here have been doing this for many months now and I would be thankful for a sip from your experience. Sure, I will definitely start trying out ROMs, but a few starting tips wouldn't hurt, don't you think? "

I did not ask for much and I maintained a polite and civilized approach, and I'm sad to see that people around here aren't as helpful as they used to be back in 2008.