[Q] Can I switch to T-mobile simply by changing my SIM card?

Search This thread

skytbest

Oct 23, 2010
New York, NY
I have a VZW Galaxy S3 that is rooted, running the latest SlimKat ROM (probably not important, but just in case). I have a T-mobile nano sim that I was thinking of activating for a month just to test out their service and see if I wanna switch.

Would it be as simple as activating the SIM card online and popping it in my phone? Is there anything else I need to do? Like maybe something with APNs?

Thanks!

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
I have a VZW Galaxy S3 that is rooted, running the latest SlimKat ROM (probably not important, but just in case). I have a T-mobile nano sim that I was thinking of activating for a month just to test out their service and see if I wanna switch.

Would it be as simple as activating the SIM card online and popping it in my phone? Is there anything else I need to do? Like maybe something with APNs?

Thanks!

You might have to add a T-Mobile apn, but I know that when I switched carriers and then flashed a new rom, the apns were automatically set for that carrier. Maybe you can reflash the system and see if the apn gets automatically set.

Sent from my Unlocked SCH-I535 running whatever rom I've chosen for the day.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013

Thanks!
It'll work immediately, but you won't get anything more than edge data.

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
It'll work immediately, but you won't get anything more than edge data.

I moved my mother's plan over to my Sim Unlocked razr m, and she gets the equivalent to 4g. It's called H+. I've never heard of it until recently, but it's roughly the same speed.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
I moved my mother's plan over to my Sim Unlocked razr m, and she gets the equivalent to 4g. It's called H+. I've never heard of it until recently, but it's roughly the same speed.

You won't get that with this phone.