Part Query - top black piece?

Search This thread

theandies

Have you tried e-bay? I've seen people buy the speaker covers there. Maybe someone had that part as well.
How the hell did it crack. Just wondering so I don't do it.

EDIT - just looked on ebay and it appears that if you buy a new back cover the picture looks as if the part you need is included. I'd ask the seller first though.
Just search HTC One M8 parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_c81
Have you tried e-bay? I've seen people buy the speaker covers there. Maybe someone had that part as well.

EDIT - just looked on ebay and it appears that if you buy a new back cover the picture looks as if the part you need is included. I'd ask the seller first though.

Yeah I since found out that's the part I need after reading the iFixit guide.

I'm not sure exactly how I did it, I've dropped it once and although it was in a case, the impact must have been enough to crack the plastic.

The fix doesn't look too hard actually. Hardest part is warming up the glue holding the speaker grilles. Rest is simple guitar pick prising apart.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

theandies

Chris, That sucks. I dropped my phone the 3rd day I had it, without a case on and the only thing that happened is some very small scratches on the edge bezel. I would have never noticed them if I hadn't have been building a model (hobby) and was painting with my detail magnification glasses on and my phone rang. I looked at iFixit before I decided on the M8 because this is the first phone without a removable battery and I wanted to know how hard it would be to open it up and replace stuff. They make is sound so hard but I think it doesn't look that hard after getting the glue soft.
Good luck and let us know how the repair goes. :good:

Reactions: Chris_c81

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Chris, That sucks. I dropped my phone the 3rd day I had it, without a case on and the only thing that happened is some very small scratches on the edge bezel. I would have never noticed them if I hadn't have been building a model (hobby) and was painting with my detail magnification glasses on and my phone rang. I looked at iFixit before I decided on the M8 because this is the first phone without a removable battery and I wanted to know how hard it would be to open it up and replace stuff. They make is sound so hard but I think it doesn't look that hard after getting the glue soft.
    Good luck and let us know how the repair goes. :good: