Bionic on tmobile

Search This thread

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone have the issue where it doesn't wBt to connect it sees the sim card... Just shows no service.. Tried 2 different active sims... Anything you think I should try? This for tmobile and it sees the apn settings also

I Have two bionics giving me fits about the tmobile sim also at&t finds service fast while the tmobile shows no service gave up on the tmobile almost pisses you off .....

I've been doing a lot of my testing on this while running Eclipse 2.2 (which is based on .902) while running the .904 radios. The instructions seem to indicate that the .904 radio is the most important part of the equation.

I'm going to go find a stock bloated .904 and see if that might help make the hack work better. Everything in the pictures pretty much shows that being as close to stock as possible is the best way to ensure that the hack will work.

highlandsun

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2009
Los Angeles
highlandsun.com
I've been doing a lot of my testing on this while running Eclipse 2.2 (which is based on .902) while running the .904 radios. The instructions seem to indicate that the .904 radio is the most important part of the equation.

That makes sense, and also probably explains why my D4 is not cooperating. Even though it can talk to the towers (both AT&T and T-Mobile) and it receives Network Time updates (NITZ) from each network, "searching for available networks" always comes up empty. (That is, AT+COPS issued to the radio modem always comes back with nothing.) So, as I suspected before, something is missing from the radio firmware on my D4.

I wonder why some other people are reporting such easy successes, I wonder if they happen to live in an area with stronger signal coverage. I'm definitely out in the boonies...

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder why some other people are reporting such easy successes, I wonder if they happen to live in an area with stronger signal coverage. I'm definitely out in the boonies...

I'm pretty much at my wit's end with trying to get my Bionic going on T-Mobile. I tried 3 different SIM cards from TMo and they fail completely. Even after doing another FXZ, updating to .904, and applying the hack while completely stock and bloated.

When I throw in my AT&T GoPhone SIM card into my Bionic after applying the hack, things work IMMEDIATELY when I boot up. I can't figure out if my Bionic hates TMo SIMs or if I just need to put in a TMo SIM that isn't owned by my workplace.

The frustrating part is that the same TMo SIMs that fail in my Bionic will work in my band unlocked Droid 2 Global.

Last edited:

LLuisLA

Mar 18, 2011
J-Town
How do I install this? with RSD? Thank you btw :D
I also notice it reads Blur_Version.5.9."902".XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip? It shouldn't be .904?

Last edited:

km75

Aug 26, 2011
Here is the zip file installation.

As stated above, it can only be run from Bionic Bootstrap recovery and not from Safestrap.

Just place the zip on the root of the sdcard and then open Bionic Bootstrap and boot into recovery and select Install zip from sdcard, then Choose zip and select the file and install it. it takes about 2 seconds to run and then reboot the phone after putting the SIM in and it should work immediately in most cases.

The zip only performs the NV edit to Item 1877(0755 hex) rec 1 bytes length 8 and no other modifications.

We made zips for the D4 and Razr as well and will probably make a more formal release post for those devices, as they require some additional files for everything to work properly.

The Bionic was the first one and, as it turns out, the easiest of them.

I am also taking a look at the Xoom and trying to make it work on that device too.

This really opens up a lot of possibilities and probably some serious consternation for VZW.

Thanks to fragulina for the original hack!

Tried to flash this using bionic bootstrap. I uninstalled safe strap. But when I try to use bionic bootstrap I just get stuck st the MOTO logo. Any suggestions? Would love to implement this hack. FYI..a simple battery pull allows me to reboot the phone normally. I just can't boot into bootstrap recovery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
Tried to flash this using bionic bootstrap. I uninstalled safe strap. But when I try to use bionic bootstrap I just get stuck st the MOTO logo. Any suggestions? Would love to implement this hack. FYI..a simple battery pull allows me to reboot the phone normally. I just can't boot into bootstrap recovery.

Do you have CWM Recovery installed?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

ajay.pisi

May 2, 2012
help on Bionic on GSM

Hi,

Now i just purchaged a Droid Bionic from ebay at 195$, BAD ESN. till now not recieved my handset..I don't have any t-mobile or AT&T sim.
I want to use it on India GSM, 850/900/1800MHz are GSM frequency.

Will be i able to use as GSM a BAD ESN phone out of US.
i am ok, with voice ,SMS & EDGE for next 3-6month, till that 3G may have some solution.

please note, before answering

I am new to android.. i always used symbian & windows based mobile phone.
i don't know what is .902 or 0.904 u are talking.. even don't know what is bootstrap or safestrap... and other term like CWM recovery etc.

need some link where i can get basic knowledge..

Last edited:

linyincsz

Mar 1, 2012
My bionic in China, GSM can work, but in call and answer the phone, number display for * 86, not a real number! How can I solve the problem? Thank you!

ljm1715

Apr 26, 2008
As far as tmobile I have great service at my location I just think that it's to do with the frequency in are areas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

0okami

Oct 12, 2005
USA
Im testing getting this working on straight talk.

I received my Straight-talk sim card which operates on GSM/ATT as a pre-paid phone.
Im having issues getting it working.

Followed all the steps to get the tmo / att cards working on the verizon bionic in hopes the straighttalk sim would also work.

System version: 5.9.902.xt875.Verizon.en.US
Model: Droid Bionic
Android v: 2.3.4
Baseband: CDMA_N_04.07.00R TEEDC_U_07.1f.00
Build: 5.5.1_84_DBN-71

Im getting the bars with a red circle and slash.

I set it to WCDMA preferred - same.

Verified with Radiocomm the number has successfully changed to 8703E80400000200
Still no go.

Im about to activate the sim card though straighttalk.com to see if it picks anything up but as it is, i dont think its even seeing a network signal.

------------EDIT--------------

Its working on straight-talk.
Sim card just had to be activated after the changes are made to the phone.
I activated the sim card online through their website.

Testing data...brb

Data not working for me yet. Not sure if I have to wait or not.
Im having Force close issues on gingerbread which can be replicated by:

menu->settings->wireless and networks->Mobile network.
process com.android.phone has stopped. Force close.

Then, Signal drops and picks back up. -puzzled-

I want to verify the APN settings on my phone are correct to what straight-talk says in their docs:

Code:
APN Name:  Straight Talk
APN:            att.mvno
Proxy:          proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port:             80
MMSC:         http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS Port:    80

Last edited:

ljm1715

Apr 26, 2008
Im testing getting this working on straight talk.

I received my Straight-talk sim card which operates on GSM/ATT as a pre-paid phone.
Im having issues getting it working.

Followed all the steps to get the tmo / att cards working on the verizon bionic in hopes the straighttalk sim would also work.

System version: 5.9.902.xt875.Verizon.en.US
Model: Droid Bionic
Android v: 2.3.4
Baseband: CDMA_N_04.07.00R TEEDC_U_07.1f.00
Build: 5.5.1_84_DBN-71

Im getting the bars with a red circle and slash.

I set it to WCDMA preferred - same.

Verified with Radiocomm the number has successfully changed to 8703E80400000200
Still no go.

Im about to activate the sim card though straighttalk.com to see if it picks anything up but as it is, i dont think its even seeing a network signal.

Its working on straight-talk.
Sim card just had to be activated after the changes are made to the phone.
I activated the sim card online through their website.

Testing data...brb

Data not working for me yet. Not sure if I have to wait or not.
Im having Force close issues on gingerbread which can be replicated by:

menu->settings->wireless and networks->Mobile network.
process com.android.phone has stopped. Force close.

Then, Signal drops and picks back up. -puzzled-

I want to verify the APN settings on my phone are correct to what straight-talk says in their docs:

Code:
APN Name:  Straight Talk
APN:            att.mvno
Proxy:          proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port:             80
MMSC:         http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS Port:    80

No it this
Apn att.mvno
Everything else blank
Mmsc http://mmsc.cingular.com
Mms proxy proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Mms port 80

That's all you need

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

Usually uninstalling Bionic Bootstrap and re installing and re bootstrapping will fix that.
If not, then flashing the system with fastboot and re rooting and installing Bionic Bootstrap will definitely work. It probably has to do with having had both Safe strap and Bionic Bootstrap installed in succession.

km75

Aug 26, 2011
Usually uninstalling Bionic Bootstrap and re installing and re bootstrapping will fix that.
If not, then flashing the system with fastboot and re rooting and installing Bionic Bootstrap will definitely work. It probably has to do with having had both Safe strap and Bionic Bootstrap installed in succession.

Will have to give that a try. Thanx.

terrapin69

Aug 18, 2008
TMobil vs. TMobile

any idea why my BIONIC would be reading TMOBIL rather than TMOBILE? Tried to one app that said:

This app is designed to run on TMOBILE not TMOBIL

couldn't care less about the lack of the "e" but it does affect apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this done - no gsm data yet

Looking for someone to help make DATA working... I have all files but nowhere to upload to...

PROCEDURE
    1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
    ----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:
    1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
    2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
    3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
    4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
    5. Read the value from the device
    6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
    7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
    This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000​

AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA
    This post shows the directions in pictures.

directions.jpg
    Bionic GSM Band Config update.zip

Here is the zip file installation.

As stated above, it can only be run from Bionic Bootstrap recovery and not from Safestrap.

Just place the zip on the root of the sdcard and then open Bionic Bootstrap and boot into recovery and select Install zip from sdcard, then Choose zip and select the file and install it. it takes about 2 seconds to run and then reboot the phone after putting the SIM in and it should work immediately in most cases.

The zip only performs the NV edit to Item 1877(0755 hex) rec 1 bytes length 8 and no other modifications.

We made zips for the D4 and Razr as well and will probably make a more formal release post for those devices, as they require some additional files for everything to work properly.

The Bionic was the first one and, as it turns out, the easiest of them.

I am also taking a look at the Xoom and trying to make it work on that device too.

This really opens up a lot of possibilities and probably some serious consternation for VZW.

Thanks to fragulina for the original hack!
    I have all the files myself but nowhere to upload to...

I have a private server with private access you could pm me and I can send you a username and password, then it could be seeded via torrent.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

This is a pic of the Bionic using both Tmo and ATT using this hack. The pics are from TeamBlackHat using this seem edit.

proofoflife.jpg

The directions were added to the image. The original directions can be found on page 2 of this thread.