[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 9 (08/12/2012)

Search This thread

okashira

Dec 2, 2007
From asenduk in general forum. Looks like ICS is approved.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/05/verizon-approves-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for-galaxy-tab-7-7/

Anyone know if I need to unroot to get update? I suppose that once blobs or source is out, we can get a CM9 (or 10) with working 4G at some point.

Link to PDF.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/galaxy_tab_7.7_instructions.pdf

You will probably need to be 100% stock to get the update. Unroot, unrom and un-CWM. Could be an issue.

Hope someone can make an odinable update.

esoh

Jul 25, 2011
You will probably need to be 100% stock to get the update. Unroot, unrom and un-CWM. Could be an issue.

Hope someone can make an odinable update.

Yeah, I figured I am on stock rooted HC and I am checking but no dice. I tried unrooting using Gingerbreak Unroot but it didn't work. I don't have time right now to figure it out so I'm hoping to hold out for a couple of days to see what else people come up with.

diestarbucks

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 23, 2009
Greensboro
My i815 will arrive tomorrow. Can you recommend/tell me which roms have working data.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

This should be asked in the Q&A section.

From asenduk in general forum. Looks like ICS is approved.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/05/verizon-approves-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for-galaxy-tab-7-7/

Anyone know if I need to unroot to get update? I suppose that once blobs or source is out, we can get a CM9 (or 10) with working 4G at some point.

Link to PDF.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/galaxy_tab_7.7_instructions.pdf

This should be discussed in general. :)

Hello everyone. Reading back through a few pages it seems things are currently a little slow at the moment because the OP has been busy with life things. I honestly do not mind some off topic chat here and there, but lets try to keep things relevant to the OPs work. If the OP wants to have the thread more open that is perfectly fine, but until he says otherwise some people were requesting that the thread stay a bit more on topic, which is understandable. We have sub-forums to open up and discuss other topics.

Just a friendly reminder, I'm glad everyone has been nice and civil, I do appreciate it. Thanks everyone:)

carlo67

Feb 8, 2011
If you are stuck follow these steps :

1. Install Stock ICS through Odin.
2. Reboot, if stuck on Samsung Logo, for almost a minute , enter download mode again & install CWM 6.0.1.1 through odin.
3. Reboot, if stuck again for a minute on Samsung logo, enter CWM & wipe data, cache & dalvik.
4. Reboot, you should be OK.
5. Install CM9 , or 10 if you wish.

ok, thanks
final question,
where I get the Stock ICS? I have the galaxy tab 7 7 wifi/3g [p6800]

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
Question

I'm fairly new to the i815 and this section of XDA. From what I understand is cm9 is on a honeycomb kernel that's why data doesn't work. Its looking like the ICS update is rolling out any day now. When we have the ICS kernel do you guys think cm9 will have data? Also on a scale of 1-10 how smooth and lag free is cm9 on the 7.7? The lag on stock HC makes me mental at times.

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda premium

Gilbot

Jul 29, 2010
Milpitas
Question

I'm fairly new to the i815 and this section of XDA. From what I understand is cm9 is on a honeycomb kernel that's why data doesn't work. Its looking like the ICS update is rolling out any day now. When we have the ICS kernel do you guys think cm9 will have data? Also on a scale of 1-10 how smooth and lag free is cm9 on the 7.7? The lag on stock HC makes me mental at times.

Thanks in advance :)

You really should use CM10. Locerra's latest build is fast and smooth and mostly stable. Its noticeably smoother than CM9. Performance blows honeycomb out of the water with either CM9 or 10

Last edited:

okashira

Dec 2, 2007
You really should use CM10. Locerra's latest build is fast and smooth and mostly stable. Its noticeably smoother than CM9. Performance blows honeycomb out of the water with either CM9 or 10

The new CM10 is definetly much smoother then before (still not near the N7 though). There are a couple apps that work better on stock HC though.
Google Maps is almost unbearably slow with traffic on in CM10 with DPI = 160, but works decently on HC.

Gilbot

Jul 29, 2010
Milpitas
The new CM10 is definetly much smoother then before (still not near the N7 though). There are a couple apps that work better on stock HC though.
Google Maps is almost unbearably slow with traffic on in CM10 with DPI = 160, but works decently on HC.

Maps usage is bad because GPS is not working in CM10 for the i815. Hopefully with the ics update Locerra can get that working. I seriously miss 0 apps from honeycomb. I'm willing to try out the new ics touchwiz when it drops though.

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com

I'd be all over cm10 or even cm9 but I need my data to work. That's why I'm wondering if the ICS kernel with cm9 will have working data. I can't wait to have AOSP on this tab. I love everything about this tab but HC and the frigging lag. :)

carlo67

Feb 8, 2011
hi
I would like to know how to install app with adb
I tried to do it but I got a error.
read only file system

okashira

Dec 2, 2007
Maps usage is bad because GPS is not working in CM10 for the i815. Hopefully with the ics update Locerra can get that working. I seriously miss 0 apps from honeycomb. I'm willing to try out the new ics touchwiz when it drops though.

GPS works find for me on the new CM10.

Also - one note for locerra -
I did get cifs manager working in the new build. Works great. I will send a small donation. Thanks for your work (and keep it up!)

I realized you make the one and only custom ROM for the i815!!!

biopsin

Nov 2, 2010
oslo
bluetooth - main.conf

Hi, I am trying out bluectrl by RonsDev and
One of the problematic operating systems is Microsoft Windows because it doesn't work if another Bluetooth input service is active which is the case on most Android systems. For more information look at:
https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl/wiki/Bluetooth-input-service-conflict
He advices to edit /etc/bluetooth/main.conf ,but this file is not present. Any reason its not included?
I copied one from a different CM9 rom, but haven´t have the time to test bluetooth control on a winbox yet..

alex_glbr

Jun 3, 2009
Youtube app?

I may not quite understand if the Youtue app should work or not?
It doesn't start itself (crashes) and when there is option to "continue with Youtube or browser" it works but crashes after you try to go to Youtube app main page (account page).
Thanks.

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK
Locerra

Now that the Source for P6800 ICS has been released on Samsung Open Source would it be possible to get a full working ICS CM9 build?

I realise that CM10 is now the Holy Grail but until WiFi and GPS are fully working it's a bit hung up, at least with the ICS sources it should now be possible to do a fully working CM9 build?

I've had to go back to ICS stock as I can't live without WiFi and tethering.........

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've started porting CyanogenMod 9 to the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the developers try to stablize CM9. I don't have time to help people unbrick their devices, and will not take responsibility for any user bricking their device, you flash this at your own risk.

If you are a developer interested in helping out with the porting effort, please PM me.

Known Issues
    • HDMI dongle doesn't work
    • Some USB keyboards aren't working
    • I815: CDMA and LTE isn't enabled
    • I815: GPS doesn't work
    • I815: Autobrightness is broken
    Download
    Google apps can be found at http://goo.im/gapps
    Old

Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery, make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework.

Build Instructions
    Setup a standard CyanogenMod 9 build environment (there are plenty of tutorials on the web already on how to do this). Then
    1. Add add the following entries to your local manifest
      Code:
      <project path="device/samsung/XXX"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_XXX" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210-tab"
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      where you replace XXX with your device (i815, p6200, p6210, p6800, p6810, or t869).
    2. Make sure that your device is running the newest build of CyanogenMod 9 or stock ICS if your device has it.
    3. Make sure your device is plugged in and has debugging enabled.
    4. Run the extract-files script from your particular device tree.
    5. Run vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    6. Your sources are now ready, to build run
      Code:
      $ . build/envsetup.sh       # this sets up the build environment
      $ lunch cm_XXX-userdebug    # this selects your device
      $ mka bacon                 # this builds CM
    Changelog
    • 08/08/2012
      • Hopefully remaining wifi issues fixed (wifi hotfix shouldn't be needed anymore)
      • Wifi tethering enabled (no clue if it works)
    • 08/03/2012
      • LPM fixed (can now charge while off)
      • Camera force closes fixed
    • 7/19/2012
      • P68x0: Autobrightness fixed
      • Bluetooth fixed (thanks to lowtraxx for pointing out where the issue was)
      • I815: LTE Modem's massive power drain fixed
    • 7/15/2012
      • Wifi! -- for real real, not for play play
      • P6800: SIM Toolkit Support
      • Hardware-Accelerated Video (Regression in 7/10/2012)
      • ASOP Charging mode (still not really working)
    • 7/10/2012
      • smdk4210-tab kernel
      • I815 build
      • vibration (regression in Alpha 2)
      • 3g data on P6800 (regression in Alpha 2)
      • Camera (both front and back)
      • Regression: Hardware-accelated video (this also means no previews in the Camera)
      • Regression: LPM
    • Alpha 2
      • smdk4210 kernel (common kernel used in the CM9 ports for the i9100, i777, n7000, p6200, p6210, p6800, and p6810)
      • USB gadget support
      • Hardware-accelerated video
      • Rear facing camera (only stills for now)
      • Better auto brightness (values still need to be tuned)
      • LPM (charge while off)
      • Probably other stuff (been a long time since last update)
      • Regression: Vibrator no longer works, we now get a beep instead
    • Alpha 1
      • Upgrade wifi driver to compat-wireless-3.4-rc3-1
      • GPS hopefully fixed (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Data Usage fixed (thanks to Alan Orth + Galaxy Tab 10.1 devs)
    • DP3.1
      • Wifi fix that sometimes works
    • DP3
      • Torch App (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Fixed reboot download
      • Wifi partially works
      • Other random bugs caused by building with gcc 4.6 (now using the recommended 4.4)
    • DP2.1
      • 3G/GSM fix (thanks to poisike)
    • DP2
      • Audio works!
    • DP1.1
      • Partial fix for autobrightness (gets brighter, doesn't get darker)
      • Phone like interface is gone
      • P6800: added GSM libraries, and basic 3g configuration

Credits
    • aorth -- set up the device tree for the GT-6200 (Tab Plus 3g), has been a great collaborator
    • poisike -- provided fix for 3g/gsm
    • teamhacksung -- set up the galaxys2 device tree, which was the basis for my tree
    Everyone who is having trouble with wifi, make sure you do the following
    1. Wipe/Factory reset
    2. If you know how make a logcat.
    3. If you made a logcat, post it, and if you didn't don't post anything -- I'm fully aware that Wifi isn't working for everyone
    4. Try the hotfix I've attached to this post

@loccera there is an old wpa_supplicant in the newest build. Thats why wifi isnt working for most of the users.
    If you mean it doesn't have the wpa_supplicant from stock ICS, that is because it is impossible to include a binary wpa_supplicant in the CM build process (if you tried, it would get overwritten by the one that is built from source). The reasoning is that wpa_supplicant is GPL'ed, so by law any alterations made to it that are used in a distributed binary must be publicly shared -- unfortunately Samsung has decided to ignore the law and has not released their modifications. The best I can do is provide a hotfix zip with the stock ICS wpa_supplicant until I manage to get the opensource driver fully functional.
    Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned all of the off topic posts from the last few pages. I remind all this is a development thread and not for general discussion.

EDIT: Once again i have cleaned this thread, please only post here if you have something to add to the development. Lets keep it on topic from now!​
    What I was really doing while all y'all were complaining about your lack of mobile data :p
    So aorth just fixed RIL, the last outstanding issue from switching kernels that has plagued the Tab 7+. Unfortunately we weren't as lucky, and had a few more:
    • screen glitches (which make the build unusable)
    • the vibrator is broken (and produces annoying beeps)
    I'm currently waiting on the note source drop before trying to fix those, but once I do, I plan on posting a new build which should have the following fixed
    • usb gadget support (adb should work on all platforms, mtp should work, usb tethering, etc...)
    • hardware accelerated video
    • proof of concept camera (this and wifi are what I'm currently working on)
    • possibly other stuff that I'm forgetting