I changed the lcd and digitizer for my HOX and now theres NO SERVICE (no signal)

Search This thread

Delacty

Apr 28, 2013
Hello

Alright, so I had my lcd digitizer combo replaced, since the glass was broken. At first the lcd didnt work because it was AOM or something like that and wasnt Sharp's model like originally, but i syncded it as follows:

1.Took out the battery
2.Connected the old screen
3.Put back your battery
4.Start your phone
5.Wait about 2min to be sure
6.Take the old screen and replace it by the new
7.Press power button

8. Should be running and working.

But now.. after assembly it does detect the sim card, but gets no signal, so i cant make calls go to internet etc.. But wlan however does work ?
is there something I broke in the progress or ..

Hoping for some help, thanks :)

jesi.james

Jul 2, 2010
Wharton
Hello

Alright, so I had my lcd digitizer combo replaced, since the glass was broken. At first the lcd didnt work because it was AOM or something like that and wasnt Sharp's model like originally, but i syncded it as follows:

1.Took out the battery
2.Connected the old screen
3.Put back your battery
4.Start your phone
5.Wait about 2min to be sure
6.Take the old screen and replace it by the new
7.Press power button

8. Should be running and working.

But now.. after assembly it does detect the sim card, but gets no signal, so i cant make calls go to internet etc.. But wlan however does work ?
is there something I broke in the progress or ..

Hoping for some help, thanks :)

Maybe you forgot to connect a cable somewhere?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Delacty

Apr 28, 2013
Maybe you forgot to connect a cable somewhere?

Yeah.. no.. Theres like only 4 cables that needs to be connected. And I have dis- and reassembled it like 20 times so far. Havent noticed enything loose.

Im just amazed that im the only one with this problem :S.

D

Deleted member 3452239

Is your antenna connected securely?

Sent from my Nexus 4

D

Deleted member 3452239

It seems your flux capacitor is damaged, did you touch that at all?

Sent from my One X using xda premium

>mfw
1361333657144.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4

Reactions: Desertman123

jesi.james

Jul 2, 2010
Wharton
Yeah.. no.. Theres like only 4 cables that needs to be connected. And I have dis- and reassembled it like 20 times so far. Havent noticed enything loose.

Im just amazed that im the only one with this problem :S.

Hmm are you receiving any signal at all? Or is it just an x by the signal strength meter? Maybe reseating the cable could help. Also, see if it'll work again if you put the old LCD back in

Delacty

Apr 28, 2013
Hmm are you receiving any signal at all? Or is it just an x by the signal strength meter? Maybe reseating the cable could help. Also, see if it'll work again if you put the old LCD back in

There's just an x. Im thinking of ordering a new antenna from china. It's gonna take pretty long, but theres no
Where else closer available.

And the old lcd is broken, because i unsuccesfully seperated it from the glass.

InTheFade

Apr 21, 2011
Are you trying it completely assembled, with the rear housing on? You won't get any phone signal or sound if it isn't on.

If it's completely assembled, make sure there's nothing covering the gold contacts on either the phone motherboard or the housing. There could be a piece of tape or something in the way.

Top Liked Posts