New Android Game: Cordy

Search This thread

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
it runs really smooth at my galaxy tab with Android 2.2!

------------HOW TO MAKE IT RUN-----------

(at own risk)
just need root -> use root explorer -> navigate to /system -> Mount R/W! -> select build.prop -> Open in text editor -> change ro.build.version.sdk=8 to ro.build.version.sdk=9 -> save it -> restart device-> download it from market -> have fun =)
----------------------------------------------
Android2.3 is maybe just requirde cause the developer was to lazy , or maybe cause there are just 1 1/2 levels to play , 2.3 makes in-app-payment for later additional levels possible for this game ! ;-)

dbaf14

No body has asked so maybe only I dont know but by changing the "ro.build.version.sdk" number (API level isnt it?) can this do any harm to operation of my phone? I run a customer Rom 2.2.1 on my X10i, would it be safe to leave at a higher value permanently (Froyo = 8, Gingerbread = 9/10), would there be any other benefits such as able to use other/newer features of programs or OS? Or would you have to revert back to the required level after installation or removal of app?

Thanks

ebuc

Jun 25, 2010
norman

(at own risk)
just need root -> use root explorer -> navigate to /system -> Mount R/W! -> select build.prop -> Open in text editor -> change ro.build.version.sdk=8 to ro.build.version.sdk=9 -> save it -> restart device-> download it from market -> have fun =)
Android2.3 is maybe just requirde cause the developer was to lazy , or maybe cause there are just 1 1/2 levels to play , 2.3 makes in-app-payment for later additional levels possible for this game ! ;-)

dbaf14
Awww this does not work for me, still can't see it on my market I was runner version 7 of the api, I changed it to 8 and 9 still couldn't see it. I even downloaded the apk, it said app was not installed! Ill try flashing it through a zip! 2.1 samsung moment :(

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
could someone please upload the 1.3 apk? I had the 1.2 one but now I can't get the update, download failed all the time :-(

DalmatHR

Aug 1, 2010
Zagreb
could someone please upload the 1.3 apk? I had the 1.2 one but now I can't get the update, download failed all the time :-(

You probably have some lagfix enabled?

SGS /cache have only 26 Mb free after ext4 conversion (like in voodoo kernel) and v1.3 have 27 Mb.
Does anybody know how to convert ONLY /cache to ext2, rfs or ext4nj in voodoo kernel (like in speedmod kernel)?

animelover

Dec 21, 2004
Berlin
[...]
SGS /cache have only 26 Mb free after ext4 conversion (like in voodoo kernel) and v1.3 have 27 Mb.
[...]
May be that's the reason why my SGS always reboots when I try to install Cordy ...!

Played it on the SGS2 prototype(s) at the Telekom stand on CeBIT 2011 in Hannover last week and it was freakin' awesome! :)

vali_ics

Jul 28, 2010
Bucharest
Can't download it , i touch download and in status bar appear the download and after 1 second disappearing...
what todo ?

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
yeah, using ext4... that really sucks, game is 26.96 and /cache is 26.74
did anyone manage to download it?

edit: found it in a certain russian forum, you have to be registered to download though :-/ google for "cordy 1.3 apk ru"

edit2: if you have superuser open a su shell and do
umount /cache
mkdir /sdcard/cache
mount /sdcard/cache /cache
your sdcard is your /cache now and you can download cordy :)
to get your normal /cache back just reboot or mount it manually (write down the path before unmounting)

Last edited:
Reactions: HunteronX and Sine.

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
Already played this game, very similar to a game called little big planet.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

DalmatHR

Aug 1, 2010
Zagreb

edit: found it in a certain russian forum, you have to be registered to download though :-/ google for "cordy 1.3 apk ru"

umount /cache
mkdir /sdcard/cache
to get your normal /cache back just reboot or mount it manually (write down the path before unmounting)

mount command ask for additional parameters, like -r -w -t (type) etc. And sdcard are fat32 (i think), /cache ext4... Does it really work? Could you provide right parameters for mount command? Did you test it?

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
mount command ask for additional parameters, like -r -w -t (type) etc. And sdcard are fat32 (i think), /cache ext4... Does it really work? Could you provide right parameters for mount command? Did you test it?
if you have su you should have busybox as well and for that one the parameters are correct. try "busybox mount" instead of "mount" if you didn't link the commands to busybox before.
file system doesn't matter at all.

jondecker76

Jan 30, 2011
I played this on my Droid X and enjoyed it (though the demo is way too short!)
It recommended some medium settings, but it still played smooth and well with higher settings. I like the control layout and the fact that you can't actually fall off the map. Looking forward to a full version!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cabecera-cordy.png

This hit the Market a few days ago, probably the best-looking native Android game I've seen to date!

Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.silvertree.cordy

Don't currently have an Android device so I can't try it out, just wanted to share this with those who haven't seen it yet.

Enjoy!

Now supports 2.1+

(at own risk)

dbaf14

umount /cache
    mkdir /sdcard/cache
    Update is available in the market! Now works with Android 2.1 and up ;-)

dbaf14

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App