I wish there is a reboot option when long press the power button.

Search This thread

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
Don't know about other models, but such an option is not available on my XT1053. Did I miss something here?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

D

Darth

If you're rooted and don't want Xposed/gravity box, try quick boot from the playstore. Has all the reboot, boot to recovery ...etc...options.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
If you're rooted and don't want Xposed/gravity box, try quick boot from the playstore. Has all the reboot, boot to recovery ...etc...options.

Great app, used it for years before I got Gravity Box.

I thought if you held it down it just rebooted..

Slapped X on Tapatalk

Yes, holding down Power and VOL DOWN will reboot the phone, simulating pulling the battery out. Using an app like QuickBoot or Gravity Box is just faster and more convenient.

Root with gravity box.

MOTO X SLAPPED

For clarity's sake: you need to obtain root, disable read/write access (probably) and then install Xposed Framework and the Gravity Box module. If you're already on 4.4.2, the only real option is holding power and volume down, as you can't revert to obtain root.

Apr 18, 2008
Yes, holding down Power and VOL DOWN will reboot the phone, simulating pulling the battery out...

FWIW - the power+vol "trick" is meant to simulate a battery pull since the battery is inaccessible (think phone frozen/unresponsive). What this means is that it is a hard stop on ALL processes, which is bad for memory allocation and may cause Android system slowness while it recovers from the abrupt stop. I never figured out if the Quick-Boot app does the same thing.

So when I hear/read people say they've performed a "soft-reboot" on their device, i often wonder what this technically means since there isn't an actual way to accomplish a "soft-reboot" gracefully. it's the equivalent of hitting the reset button on your PC while Windows is running.

D

Darth

FWIW - the power+vol "trick" is meant to simulate a battery pull since the battery is inaccessible (think phone frozen/unresponsive). What this means is that it is a hard stop on ALL processes, which is bad for memory allocation and may cause Android system slowness while it recovers from the abrupt stop. I never figured out if the Quick-Boot app does the same thing.

So when I hear/read people say they've performed a "soft-reboot" on their device, i often wonder what this technically means since there isn't an actual way to accomplish a "soft-reboot" gracefully. it's the equivalent of hitting the reset button on your PC while Windows is running.

That's why I'd say use the quick boot app or gravity box. Then it reboots more "gracefully ". :)

Dalvik_Cache

Feb 16, 2014
I am puzzled that the Moto X also doesn't have a restart. I feel like Android is so smart in so many ways, but misses some of the most basic functions...

weldawadyathink

Sep 24, 2011

The soft reboot is exactly the same as a normal reboot from gravitybox or quickboot or anything else. The ONLY difference is that soft reboot starts the boot at a kernel level, and the 'hard' reboot starts at the bootloader level. They both stop processes in the exact same way.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts