[Q] Help please, computer will not detect LG 4xhd after root

Search This thread

levenirv

Jan 24, 2014
I rooted my phone but forgot to unlock the bootloader, and now my LG is in a bootloop.
I can access S/W mode but not recovery mode (android with the triangle), the main problem is that my computer will not detect my phone when it is in (windows 7 is what im using). I tried other cables, computers and even ubuntu, same result the phone will charge but it is not detected.
I looked in device manager and there is no hint of it there.
And when I try to flash the KDZ, I get the message "No device found"
Please help.

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
I rooted my phone but forgot to unlock the bootloader, and now my LG is in a bootloop.
I can access S/W mode but not recovery mode (android with the triangle), the main problem is that my computer will not detect my phone when it is in (windows 7 is what im using). I tried other cables, computers and even ubuntu, same result the phone will charge but it is not detected.
Please help.

How many times do people need to ask the same basic questions because they are too lazy to search first? :rolleyes:

EVERYTHING you need to know has been said many times, so please use the clever little search function and start reading. :good:

Reactions: Omario-242

Rudjgaard

Jun 11, 2012
bootloader and root - not related
root and recovery - not related
s/w mode and recovery - not related
adb and phone drivers - extremely related, not even mentioned

I-phone is usually the answer in these cases, but tonight I'm feeling generous so I'll give away some free knowledge:

- bootloader: Where the "code" that controls all of your specific hw resides (aka kernel) also sometimes referred to as "bl"
- root: The ability of taking control of "administration priviliges" or "run as administrator" to make a comparison with windows
- recovery: It's a gui for a set of basic commands which lives inside the bootloader, so no unlock - no custom recovery
- custom recovery: two choices, twrp or cwm, they replace the crappy and useless stock lg recovery - Requirement: unlocked bootloader
- software mode: something apparently lot of people focus on but you'll actually need at most twice in your lifetime before you change phone

Reactions: SimonTS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please help.

How many times do people need to ask the same basic questions because they are too lazy to search first? :rolleyes:

EVERYTHING you need to know has been said many times, so please use the clever little search function and start reading. :good:
    bootloader and root - not related
    root and recovery - not related
    s/w mode and recovery - not related
    adb and phone drivers - extremely related, not even mentioned

I-phone is usually the answer in these cases, but tonight I'm feeling generous so I'll give away some free knowledge:

- bootloader: Where the "code" that controls all of your specific hw resides (aka kernel) also sometimes referred to as "bl"
    - root: The ability of taking control of "administration priviliges" or "run as administrator" to make a comparison with windows
    - recovery: It's a gui for a set of basic commands which lives inside the bootloader, so no unlock - no custom recovery
    - custom recovery: two choices, twrp or cwm, they replace the crappy and useless stock lg recovery - Requirement: unlocked bootloader
    - software mode: something apparently lot of people focus on but you'll actually need at most twice in your lifetime before you change phone