[Q] How to root and change rom from touchwiz to official latest kitkat

Search This thread

Dmoustakas

May 14, 2014
Athens
Hello,
I have some questions about my s4.
Is it possible to flash a touchwiz version of gt-l9505 to an official kitkat rom (making it GP edition) and receive direct updates from google?
If yes, i would like to know a safe way on how to do it (because the forum is a little chaotic and i am afraid to make a change on the device by my own). I would also like to know if there is a way to reflash to original touchwiz rom in case GPE does not comfort me, i d like to know if it will be some kind of backup or if the official touchwiz rom is able to be downloaded.
I will appreciate every efforts in helping me clear those question marks in my head.
Thank you very much.:good:

Device info: Galaxy s4 GT-l9505
Version: I9505XXUFNC4
Unlocked
Unrooted + official rom

Last edited:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
What you want is not possible. Different phones, different hardware.

You can only use a custom roms if you want GP.

You can always return to stock because every rom that Samsung releases is available for download.

Dmoustakas

May 14, 2014
Athens
What you want is not possible. Different phones, different hardware.

You can only use a custom roms if you want GP.

You can always return to stock because every rom that Samsung releases is available for download.

Thanks for answering! You mean that the gs4 gpe and s4 touchwiz have different hardware? If yes I understand and I would like to ask if I will be able to find a clean official stock kit kat rom without any mods or changes. Also, this kind of rom that I am looking for would never be able to update via Google ota, right ?

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9505 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Just browse in the development section. There are plenty of good roms out there. Just try out for yourself what suits your needs.

No ota from Google will never work.