[Q] GT-i9100 Kernel on SGH-i777 What happens?

Search This thread

Terr20114

Jun 5, 2013
St. Ann
Sorry if i posted this when there's another thread out there with the same info but I searched and didn't find any. I'll be receiving my i777 in a week or two and I'd like to know if I flash a GT-i9100 kernel on the i777 what will happen. I heard that some of the capacitive touch buttons wont work but is that all. I'd like to test i9100 ROMs without using the Jeboo kernel but using the ones that came with the ROM. Please reply and tell me what's what.

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Sorry if i posted this when there's another thread out there with the same info but I searched and didn't find any. I'll be receiving my i777 in a week or two and I'd like to know if I flash a GT-i9100 kernel on the i777 what will happen. I heard that some of the capacitive touch buttons wont work but is that all. I'd like to test i9100 ROMs without using the Jeboo kernel but using the ones that came with the ROM. Please reply and tell me what's what.

You could run an i9100 rom with their kernel, but certain things wouldn't work properly - buttons being one of them as you mentioned. You'd also run into microphone issues, which is one of the reasons why our "portable" kernels are called Mic-Swap. Forget using their kernels anyway, nearly all of them are no longer supported and our AJK is better or just-as-good than any of theirs ever was, so why not use that one to port?

I would recommend you read up on porting before you actually flash any of their stuff, just so you know what to do/expect in the event of a bootloop or bad flash.

Good luck, and welcome to rom porting!

Last edited:

Terr20114

Jun 5, 2013
St. Ann
You could run an i9100 rom with their kernel, but certain things wouldn't work properly - buttons being one of them as you mentioned. You'd also run into microphone issues, which is one of the reasons why our "portable" kernels are called Mic-Swap. Forget using their kernels anyway, nearly all of them are no longer supported and our AJK is better or just-as-good than any of theirs ever was, so why not use that one to port?

I would recommend you read up on porting before you actually flash any of their stuff, just so you know what to do/expect in the event of a bootloop or bad flash.

Thank you SteveMutphy, I've been using a Samsung Infuse 4G for over about a year now and its been my android lab rat, tried many things bricked it many times (even on porpose) n brought it back to life with Odin. Had to move on though cause the infuse wasn't up to the speed that I want it at.
I'll check out the AJK kernel :), just need something that supports CPU and GPU overclocking cause I'm a android gamer most times.

AAA118

Dec 10, 2014

Hey I tried ajk mic swap 4.9 but keep getting bad zip error currently running 4.4 let me know if you can link any updated version of mic swap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.