10.4.4.20 update

Search This thread

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012
As I said on the other thread, this update has made the unit run much hotter. I feel it under mywft hand consistently.

Sent from my awesome Asus Infinity T700 using Tapatalk HD!

myeepad

Jul 30, 2011
I updated to .20 since 7:23 this morning. Now it is laggy as hell when I tried to swipe across the App Drawer. It takes almost a second before it starts to react.

Anyone having the same problem?

indie13

Jun 17, 2010
Hey so far so good. Totally stock device and the stock browser now seems more responsive. My device didnt like the last firmware 18 but was good before that. Fingers crossed

WoozyBE

Jan 2, 2011
Hoboken
My wifi disconnects every minute and games crash at startup or after 3-5 minutes in game. :-/
Never had these problems before. Running stock with just root.

Great update.. Thanks Asus! :-S

rlarson)mn

Aug 25, 2007
Got update OTA. Download and installation went fine with out any issues. Did a cold reboot twice after the update finished to clear evrything. Keyboard seems faster as well as the browser functions at this point. Have not noticed any part of my unit getting warmer than normal. My unit is stock with never having done a root or unrooted.

unixman2000

Aug 26, 2008
No Issues so far...

Just updated my T700...stock, no root. I have had no problesm so far. Have not rebooted it yet. Ran Riptide and Youtube without a hitch.
I'll test it some more...:good:

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
Update fine, stock rooted

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

brinnonbob

Aug 27, 2012
Brinnon
Updated with no problems. Stock plain-jane vanilla TF700. Noticed two upgrades: Bluetooth went from V10.31 to V10.33 and WiFi went from V7.2.0.24 to V7.2.0.62

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Anyone notice the the black line/screen flicker issue is still present in the latest update?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

mandark615

May 18, 2012
Hello everyone, I bought my tf700t yesterday, and it froze up with a grayscreen 3 times throughout the process of settng up apps etc. I was really frustrated obviously, so i checked for updates and got the 10.4.4.20 update. For what its worth i have had no freezes or lag of any kind since taking the update. I hope that solves it, otherwise i may be exercising best buys 30day return policy

Otobone

Oct 28, 2012
Hello, I have a question

How can I get the Need For Speed Most Wanted if I can't buy it on Play Store?

megamoz

May 21, 2010
Anyone notice the the black line/screen flicker issue is still present in the latest update?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Horizontal black line and the 'vertical gray line' are still present I'm afraid :(

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Hello, I have a question

I guess you should be asking this question somewhere else.

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Hello, I have a question

It should be available? It is for me running CM10.
You'll have to have root and side load it with titanium backup. You could also buy the app from your phone and get it from aptoid. Don't be shady! Support these guys but this is an alternative to get the game if you already paid for it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Rriopel432

Aug 19, 2012
Definitely better stock browser performance. Back to how it felt prior to .18. That release killed the browsing experience for me.

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Horizontal black line and the 'vertical gray line' are still present I'm afraid :(

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

I guess you should be asking this question somewhere else.

This company has made me have very mixed feelings. I feel bad so many get a faulty screen! There quality control needs to be fired immediately! I probably will never buy again however I love the tablet. It has poor code and should have been thoroughly fixed before releasing to be out the newer tablets being released. I hope we can finally have a fast functioning tablet that can play games without lag and can use while downloading apps? Take care guy's! The next couple months should be interesting!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

ils01

Dec 3, 2011
After update, I get a lot of "Unfortunately xxxx has stopped" where xxxx is pretty much everything installed and what ever I want to launch. A few cold boots did not help. Any particular reason why this happened?

Can I download the firmware from Asus and put it on the SD card and reflashed to an older version without bricking?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. My tablet is unuseable now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received an update to version 10.4.4.20. Is this news to anyone? Last update thread only mentions 10.4.4.18.
    It's still android 4.1.1 though :/

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
    Asus is still the best!

Listen, I really love Asus products, but they are hardly responding to complaints. They are getting pressured to fix things by vocal users who nag them into fixing issues that are easily reproducible.. like myself. The more difficult to reproduce reliably, the less likely they will do anything about it. Some of these issues are the infamous black line and crashing randomly with black screen or gray screen. There are still issues with the auto dimming, Bluetooth, and the obvious i/o tweaks that still need some work.

I agree that Asus is better than some but they are still releasing products with obvious issues, and little QC. They are responding very slowly to the issues given the severity, and provide the same response to all the issues... cold boot, factory reset, or RMA.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

I wouldn't say too bad about Asus.They are as far as i know the only Android Manufacturer who actually has a decent software development team which is actively sorting out bugs and fixing them and introducing little nice features.No software is perfect and we all know that.Samsung is the only other manufacturer who can actually say they are doing something to sort out bugs in their devices..I mean put aside bugs..All the Transformer Pad series(tf201,f300,tf700)are on jellybean.Which manufacturer can ever claim that??.If it were samsung the Transformer family after prime would all be in ICS and the TF101 would probably be in honeycomb.If it were other manufacturers,the TF300 & tf700 would be in ICS and everything else would be in Honeycomb.We all know that we will all be upgraded to android 5.0 when it comes out.We trust asus will update android duly when it comes out in 3 months or less.Hell we even have Gary(Asus NA marketing manager) here in xda!!Agreed,issues crop up.But at least you know for sure that asus will release otas to fix the bugs and is not going to bail on you for at least a year or 2(which is a long time in smartphone & tablet support lifecycle!!)That said i hope they release soon that long overdue tegra update.I am really missing out on NFS MW!
    Can someone upload the dlpkg file ?

I can make the WW SKU available when I get home in a few hours.