[ROM][4.2.2][OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v2.5 - d2tmo - 5|27|13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
My bad, I knew that a few people here were running Ktoonz so i just felt more comfortable asking here :p. Alright, so to finalize this, can you please verify the steps I'm going to take?
-Full Wipe (I'm coming from Wickedv10)
-Flash LS v2.7
-Flash GApps
-Flash Kernel?
-Wipe Dalvik and Cache once more? Fix permissions?

Sorry for all these questions, i just wanna get this up and running smoothly. Thanks!
Yes that sounds about right. Yes you do fix permissions after the kernel. 2 more things I typically do in addition.

1. Boot up after the 2.7 flash to check my GPS and Camera to see if they are ok. Old habit.
2. I freeze "Performance Controls" app in TiBU when you finally boot after all these steps. It tends to interfere with KTweaker App.

Reactions: TheKucho

EtherealRemnant

Thanks for the advice on Now. I had suspected that to be the case but been lazy.

As to the temp, yes I noticed that too on MD5. But with Ktoon undervolting, I have it in check.

After my phone burned me through my pocket today and discovering my battery temperature at 105F while the phone wasn't doing anything (and watching it creep up to 107F very shortly after powering the screen on), I downgraded back to UVDLI8 and I'm now idling at less than 80F and hitting 94F under heavy load. This was on a fresh boot both times. I don't trust the MD5 baseband for anything other than stock TW right now.

Anyway, besides the camera issue (and the MD5 issue that seems to be affecting all CM ROMs) I haven't found anything else I don't like about this ROM. Its going to be my daily driver. :good:

shenry1307

Aug 24, 2010
Wherever Evil Lurks!
which kernel do you recommend for this ROM?

speaking for Luigi, I know his love for KT747. I bet that's the kernel he'd recommend. :laugh:

+1 from me :D

KT747 here too P71... but you knew that too! ;)

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

My bad, I knew that a few people here were running Ktoonz so i just felt more comfortable asking here :p. Alright, so to finalize this, can you please verify the steps I'm going to take?
-Full Wipe (I'm coming from Wickedv10)
-Flash LS v2.7
-Flash GApps
-Flash Kernel?
-Wipe Dalvik and Cache once more? Fix permissions?

Sorry for all these questions, i just wanna get this up and running smoothly. Thanks!

I concur with Perseus71 below... an alternative to his #1, from my experience (if using CWM), is after flashing GApps, wipe Caches then reboot into Recovery. Then, flash your kernel --> wipe, wipe, fix perms --> reboot.

Yes that sounds about right. Yes you do fix permissions after the kernel. 2 more things I typically do in addition.

1. Boot up after the 2.7 flash to check my GPS and Camera to see if they are ok. Old habit.
2. I freeze "Performance Controls" app in TiBU when you finally boot after all these steps. It tends to interfere with KTweaker App.

P71... I think I've mentioned this to you before, but I have KTweaker installed, but use SetCPU instead (hey I paid for it... might as well use it Lol!). Thanks for the suggestion to freeze Perf Controls... I have TiBU and that never crossed my mind... I just disabled it. :)

critofur

Jan 21, 2011
NYC/Tokyo
...Siyah is another good one. It actually has SIP Call Quality that's out of this world. It in fact is better than your regular calls!
For the un-initiated, SIP is Cell equivalent of VOIP..

I didn't see Siyah for T999? Does it work on T999?

Which app were you using for SIP calls? I tried setting up SIP about a year or two ago, but it seemed to be a hassle to get a free SIP account working so I just went with GrooveIP which was easy (and just a one time $5 payment to buy the app).

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I didn't see Siyah for T999? Does it work on T999?

Which app were you using for SIP calls? I tried setting up SIP about a year or two ago, but it seemed to be a hassle to get a free SIP account working so I just went with GrooveIP which was easy (and just a one time $5 payment to buy the app).
I wasn't aware either...

noodlenoggan

Aug 29, 2006
Amazon Appstore

Hi all,

I've searched this thread but nothing came up for Appstore.

I'm on Liquidsmooth v2.7 and when I tried to install the Amazon Appstore from amazon's site, the app install screen appears just like any other app install but I can't proceed by pressing the Install link. I scroll up and down its install screen and cancel the install but I can't go beyond that. I've wiped cache and dalvik, rebooted, re-downloaded the app from amazon's site from the phone...same result. I just can't install it.

I can install any app from Google's play store and sideloaded apps just fine though.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

P.S. The reason I'm trying to install the Amazon Appstore is because I have some credits with them and would prefer to make some app purchases using those credits instead of shelling out $ on google's playstore.

scott7175

Apr 27, 2012
Tooele, utah
Hi all,

I've searched this thread but nothing came up for Appstore.

I'm on Liquidsmooth v2.7 and when I tried to install the Amazon Appstore from amazon's site, the app install screen appears just like any other app install but I can't proceed by pressing the Install link. I scroll up and down its install screen and cancel the install but I can't go beyond that. I've wiped cache and dalvik, rebooted, re-downloaded the app from amazon's site from the phone...same result. I just can't install it.

I can install any app from Google's play store and sideloaded apps just fine though.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

P.S. The reason I'm trying to install the Amazon Appstore is because I have some credits with them and would prefer to make some app purchases using those credits instead of shelling out $ on google's playstore.

If halo is enabled disable it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: noodlenoggan

TheKucho

Jul 22, 2011
Would it be safe to indefinitely disable Halo(uninstall/freeze)? I don't have a use for it at the moment. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Already tried that on v2.5. Flashed v2.7 and tried it again. No dice :confused:

If you have Titanium Backup, try wiping data first, uninstall, and reinstall 4.0.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
KT747 here too P71... but you knew that too! ;)

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I concur with Perseus71 below... an alternative to his #1, from my experience (if using CWM), is after flashing GApps, wipe Caches then reboot into Recovery. Then, flash your kernel --> wipe, wipe, fix perms --> reboot.

P71... I think I've mentioned this to you before, but I have KTweaker installed, but use SetCPU instead (hey I paid for it... might as well use it Lol!). Thanks for the suggestion to freeze Perf Controls... I have TiBU and that never crossed my mind... I just disabled it. :)

Whatever the case may be @Perseus71 has stated time and time again that he does not use CWM lol

Hironel

Jan 12, 2012
T999L

Install ES file explorer then try.

Yes this rom should work. Any ROM that DEFINITELY does not flash Modem will do you fine. Never flash SGH-T999 modem by accident.

Has anyone tried it on the T999L yet?
I really want to try it but i don't want to hard brick my phone. If anyone else has tried it i would appreciate some feedback.

ayeitschris

Jan 23, 2011
California
2.7 is good :) however, I got the new instagram update and taking videos through instagram has a problem with green flickering and reboots phone.
I tried reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, and fixing permissions, but the problem is still there.
Anyone else have the same problem?

Im running 2.7 liquid smooth with ktoonz kernel.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371777936895.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371777936895.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 282

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
2.7 is good :) however, I got the new instagram update and taking videos through instagram has a problem with green flickering and reboots phone.
I tried reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, and fixing permissions, but the problem is still there.

In settings; clear cache, data, force stop it, then delete the Android folder within the internal storage. Also clear caxhe/dalvik and fix permissions in recovery for safety measures.

ayeitschris

Jan 23, 2011
California
Did not work :/. taking videos through the stock camera and taking videos through vine work fine. Its just on instagram

kruse1944

Oct 24, 2012
Montreal

Its always users fault... but not this case, the update for Instagram screw it up. Everyone tiwht S3's got that bug. But mine reboot after this did you? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WE TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY WORK THAT COMES ASSOCIATED WITH THESE BUILDS UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE. ALL CREDIT GOES TO CYANOGENMOD, AOKP, SlimROMs & THOSE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED! THANKS FOR KEEPING THINGS OPEN SOURCE!
    OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER

PHP:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

screenshot2013030213202.png
    screenshot2013030213212.png
    screenshot2013030213304.png

screenshot2013030213261.png
    screenshot2013030213214.png
    screenshot2013030213234.png

screenshot2013030213242.png
    screenshot2013030213250.png
    screenshot2013030218241.png

screenshot2013030218242.png
    screenshot2013030218263.png

About Us

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

We are dedicated to providing Android users with smooth, stable and fast Roms. We start with a fast, and lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

The-Team

Liquid0624

Liquidzgrl

Deadman96385

Jarrid42

Jdeloach

Rohan32

Itsmikeramsay

Dagr8

Jdkorecclipse

Amplified

Hiemanshu

ChevyCam94

Dhacker

Features:

Code:
        Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain
        O3
        Strict-Aliasing (Linaro)
        C++11 Mode
        Optimized String Handling Routines (Linaro/Sony)
        Misc other Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
        Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
        Chronus clock widget
        Customizable hardware and software keys
        Transparent navbar and status bar
        Customizable navbar ring
        Navigation bar widgets
        Customizable power menu
        Notification power widget
        Customizable quicksettings panel
        Statusbar mods
        Theme engine
        Quiet hours
        Volume rocker music controls
        Full Rotation
        Customizable battery and notification light

Changelog:

Code:
    [SIZE=5]Rom Changes[/SIZE]
    LiquidSmooth 2.1 STABLE

Lockscreen Pattern Toggle Visibility (Danesh)

Settings Extended QS Styles (SlimRoms)

Add Power and Camera To Lockscreen Longpress (SlimRoms)

Add LTE Tile (SlimRoms)

Percentage Text when charging color (SlimRoms)

Fixed headset controls for d2-devices (mt3g)

Missed Call Breathing Effect (Bajee11)

MMS Breathing Effect (Bajee11)

Long-Press Quicksetting Icon Toggle Power Widgets (Corcoran)

Auto Keyboard Rotation (Corcoran)

More PIE changes (drcdma)

Fix message seen when bluetooth turns off while tethering (haveagr8day)

Notification statusbar icon capacity (C3C0)

Camera: Separate settings for color and jpeg quality (jt1134)

Updated DashClock

Updated Superuser

LiquidPapers (itsmikeramsay, annex1, wallwoody, $droyd$)

Improved download and upload animation (kroz)

Fix QuickSettings USB Tether Tile (burnsra)

Smooth background gradient (winner00)

Important Links

LiquidSmooth Download: Goo.IM D2TMO

Google Apps Package 3/01/13 for 4.2.2

Donations:
    Show The Team Some Love!!

Held for something else :)

Thread Rules:

*Search before you post questions

*DONT and I repeat DONT PM us about issues you have with your phone because you did not read the OP!

*If you have kernel questions, post them in the kernels op not here

*Dont complain about issues if you didnt wipe prior to flashing the rom!

*Don't kang our work! Ask us to use these builds for whatever reason!

*Enjoy! :good:
    Some of you guys may not sleep, BUT I actually do. I actually have a personal life outside of all this! Now I see why DJIntrigue808 stopped developing. There's some truly ungrateful people around here lol. Does it mean I'm stopping... nah but it's really opened my eyes to the fact people will take advantage of your kindness and throw it back in your face...

Check this: MOST development threads don't want people flooding posts as it makes ti hard for users who ACTUALLY search to find solutions to there questions... Guess what, we casually talk here

MOST development threads the devs don't say a damn thing, they just release and call it a day... Guess what... I try to keep everyone up-to-date on what the hell is going on...

I'm starting to get the idea of why MOST development threads ARE the way they are...

So what does it mean? Nothing for now, but if some of you guys keep acting like spoiled ass kids, I'll lock this thread and force you to check things like facebook, twitter, etc... I'll cut the friendly convo, I'll stop trying to keep you guys up-to-date.

Hell I may continue to be nice and friendly to those that care and just a straight up asshole to those that don't. All I know is I'm not feeling the way things are going with these people coming in demanding **** like they paid for it, OR own it. Ask anyone who's donated... they got a beta build, test build what have you... those that don't, I'm not saying you need to because it doesn't matter, BUT sit back and shut up!!! :D

If you can't.... the repo link is right above find out what it does and where it goes and good frikkin luck!!!

On a lighter note... those that are patient... you'll be waiting no more after today. We had some technical issues that happened late... (Most of TeamLiquid is EST) so yeah... I stand on this word... Release is today guys
    See... for you guys holding out this long and being patient... you'll be getting builds based on 4.2.2 :D. I feel that's better than getting a 4.2.1 build and waiting til later b4 getting a 4.2.2 build. PLUS you get more fixes :)