Help with rear camera

Search This thread

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
Hello i
Just got a nexus 7 off craigslist and the camera app is missing. I download the ones from the market but only the front camera shows. The others seem to try and use the rear camera but then it force closes. I flashed cleanrom I thought that would fix it but its still missing. Anyone have a fix? I already unisntalled Google search updates as stated in some other forum but it did not fix it. Help!?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
First, are you sure that the nexus 7 you have is not the 2012 edition but the 2013 one? Also have you tried to flashed back to complete stock?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
Yes. I broke my 2012 and bought this one of cl. I wanted to save some money. I should have just bought it new with warranty. I wonder if Asus will replace it even though I bought it used

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
Would a poorly connected ribbon cable cause the app icon to disappear? I van see the camera in manage apps and I clear data on it but it won't show up in my app drawer still

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
Ribbon cable won't cause it to disappear. Just download a factory image, especially if you bought it from eBay. You don't know what the previous owner did to it.