[Q] Soft Bricked? i747 help

Search This thread

mtsosie

Mar 31, 2014
hello, I bought this i747 in its current condition. I know nothing about its history.

when I power it on it goes to the phone, !, comp screen saying firmware upgrade encounter an issue, select recovery mode in kies.
in the top corner it says:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
WARRANTY BITS: 0
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2

Now when I connect to kies and run emergency firmware everything loads on kies, then gives an error, and
underneath BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2 it says: SW REV CHECK FAIL: Fused 2 > Binary 0 in red.

If this phone fixable? Any help would be appreciated.

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
hello, I bought this i747 in its current condition. I know nothing about its history.

when I power it on it goes to the phone, !, comp screen saying firmware upgrade encounter an issue, select recovery mode in kies.
in the top corner it says:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
WARRANTY BITS: 0
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2

Now when I connect to kies and run emergency firmware everything loads on kies, then gives an error, and
underneath BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2 it says: SW REV CHECK FAIL: Fused 2 > Binary 0 in red.

If this phone fixable? Any help would be appreciated.

Did you say it was recognized in Kies but firmware recovery failed? If so, and you were using Kies (not Kies 3), we may assume the last system update was not older than Android 4.1.1. I'll suggest you try these steps (in that order),i.e. if one doesn't work, try the next step ..

1. Try booting into recovery mode and doing a hard wipe/reset
2. Download the correct stock image from the thread below and flash via Odin. If you need help with flashing via Odin, please let me know
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1739426 or visit Sammobile.com to download the correct stock image.
3. Open Kies. Do not connect the phone yet. Go to Tools => Firmware Upgrade and Initialization. Enter your phone model name (SGH-I747)=>OK and serial number. Check device information inside the battery compartment. Wait for firmware download to complete and you are prompted to connect the phone and follow the rest of the on-screen instructions.
4. Contact the vendor to find out what they did wrong and see what refund options you have

mtsosie

Mar 31, 2014
Ok, so I also wasn't able to get into recovery.

I decided to flash cwm via odin. After it flashed the phone rebooted and turned on normally. I have turned it on and off like 5 times and everytime it boots normal.....But, there is still a problem... baseband version is Unknown and there is no IMEI Number.

mtsosie

Mar 31, 2014
Did you say it was recognized in Kies but firmware recovery failed? If so, and you were using Kies (not Kies 3), we may assume the last system update was not older than Android 4.1.1. I'll suggest you try these steps (in that order),i.e. if one doesn't work, try the next step ..

1. Try booting into recovery mode and doing a hard wipe/reset
2. Download the correct stock image from the thread below and flash via Odin. If you need help with flashing via Odin, please let me know
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1739426 or visit Sammobile.com to download the correct stock image.
3. Open Kies. Do not connect the phone yet. Go to Tools => Firmware Upgrade and Initialization. Enter your phone model name (SGH-I747)=>OK and serial number. Check device information inside the battery compartment. Wait for firmware download to complete and you are prompted to connect the phone and follow the rest of the on-screen instructions.
4. Contact the vendor to find out what they did wrong and see what refund options you have

hi, yes those were the steps I tried and the result was fail. Now that I can boot it, it shows its 4.3 but no baseband and no imei.

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
hi, yes those were the steps I tried and the result was fail. Now that I can boot it, it shows its 4.3 but no baseband and no imei.

Oh, it's 4.3. Perhaps even better because you may be able to flash the 4.3 restore image. Your baseband/modem is corrupt or missing which is why it's showing the no baseband message.

Please see the thread below for the complete 4.3 stock restore image. Download the stock restore image and flash via custom recovery.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

Or you may just flash the 4.3 JB modem via custom recovery since you have custom recovery working. The modem zip can be found here ...

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681456

Last edited:

mtsosie

Mar 31, 2014
Oh, it's 4.3. Perhaps even better because you may be able to flash the 4.3 restore image. Your baseband/modem is corrupt or missing which is why it's showing the no baseband message.

Please see the thread below for the complete 4.3 stock restore image. Download the stock restore image and flash via custom recovery.

Or you may just flash the 4.3 JB modem via custom recovery since you have custom recovery working. The modem zip can be found here ...

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681456

:good: right on. you rock man. I flashed the modem and it works great now. thanks again.

dark_darkness

Dec 29, 2011
hey guys am in trouble

Odin Refuse to flash

I747 warranty bit :1
bootloader rp swrev 2
SW rev check fail fused 2

Phone stuck on kies firmware upgrade encounterd

I Cant get 4.3 back again or downgrade to any older version

plz help me :'(

here is two screen shot in download mode while odin error
and in normal mode when i try 2 open

Attachments

• 20140508_105553.jpg
    20140508_105553.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20140508_112348.jpg
    20140508_112348.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 72

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
hey guys am in trouble

Odin Refuse to flash

I747 warranty bit :1
bootloader rp swrev 2
SW rev check fail fused 2

Phone stuck on kies firmware upgrade encounterd

I Cant get 4.3 back again or downgrade to any older version

plz help me :'(

here is two screen shot in download mode while odin error
and in normal mode when i try 2 open

Can you try flashing custom recovery via Odin and then using custom recovery to do a stock restore to 4.3 following the instructions in the following thread ...

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
i've tried many custom roms
start flashing will and end with bug error at the end coz of warranty

can u share me a link for firmware tested ?

I suggested custom recovery and not custom ROM. The idea is to get your phone back in working order first. Flashing a complete stock restore image should do it. Please refer to the thread I forwarded earlier. You should be able to flash custom recovery (like CWM or TWRP) to your phone via Odin and then use the custom recovery to flash the stock restore image.