[ROM] [2012-01-12] [LA1 V2.2] Sheep ROM - Downloads, Guides, Tipps and Tricks

Search This thread

ptok

Oct 31, 2010
I tried 'Stock' LA4 and like this Sheep ROM better. What will we get going from LA1-4 on Sheep ROM?

pakornk

Jun 14, 2008
8ToggleStatusBar

Dear all,

I would like to have more than 5 ToggleStatusBar on sheep v2.2,
How can I do ?

For example, the bar attached shows as many as 8 toggles.

thanks,

Attachments

• 8ToggleStatusBar.jpg
    8ToggleStatusBar.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 197

pakornk

Jun 14, 2008
Thanks,

If there is no apk package to do that then,
how to create shortcut/widget on home screen or somewhere else
to toggle "network data" (the second one with two arrows on the above picture)

Once again, thanks

Last edited:

crz2uf

Jan 14, 2012
Can i use mobile odin to install the V2.2/LA1 ...?? or i should use odin in PC?

crz2uf

Jan 14, 2012
Hello all,
I Flashed it succesfully using mobile odin.
One problem: Cant type anything, every time i type something the word "Null" appears.. so its like " Nullnullnull....null"

any suggestions?

Flashed V2.2 and i already had LA1 as stock.

ptok

Oct 31, 2010
I think you reflash the Cache file (CSC) with Mobile Odin.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Roszaidee

May 10, 2011
Simei
Multiupload down

Anyone can upload to mediafire ? The links of multiupload is down. I can't even go to the multiupload website.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I want to introduce the Sheep ROM. Why? Because I'm not young and I need the money.
    Shaun.jpg

The Official Part
    Everybody is responsible for his Note. If someone bricks his phone with Software or hints out of this thread, it is not my fault.
    At least you should take some precautions:
    • Have an EFS Backup available
    • Have a CWM Backup available. In case you have to go back suddenly without asking
    • Have a Titanium Backup. Maybe you have to wipe during flashing. A CWM Backup won't help you, since it flashes the old firmware. Apps and Settings for the new ROM are saved in a Titanium Backup.

What is the Sheep ROM then?
    The Sheep ROM is a custom ROM for the GT-N7000 based on Samsung Stock ROMs with the following features:
    • Deodexed
    • Zip-Aligned
    • Pre-Rooted
    • All apps and feature from Samsung are kept.
    • (up to 1.2) FM Kernel integrated. The Kernel has CWM 5 and is compatibel to CF Root Kernel (Details: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342807)
    • build.prop Tweaks (smoother, better memory management)
    • System Tweaks (better IO performance)
    • (Up to 1.2) All OXX and OXA product codes integrated. 64 at the moment
    • Bat in %
    • CRT Off
    • Fully Connect Icons
    • (Up to 1.2) CWM flashable
    • (From 2.0) Extended Power Menu
    The CWM Manager App from Chainfire is not included. Flash a CF Kernel in case you have no backup from this App. I recommend using this App.

Themes and all this stuff was not touched by me. But since the ROM is fully deodexed, it should be a good base doing this. Feel free to create Themes for this ROM or modify it as you like!

Downloads
    http://78.46.48.107/

Installation
    Up to V1.2:
    Flash it per CWM. I recommend the CWM App from Chainfire:
    • Copy the ROM to the internal SD
    • Start the CWM Manager
    • Chose "Flash Update"
    • Select the Sheep ROM
    • Acknowledge

You can flash the ROM also directly from CWM. Reboot into Recovery and select:
    • "install ZIP from SD Card"
    • "choose ZIP from internal SD Card"
    • select the Sheep ROM Zip
    • Acknowledge

V2.x:
    V2.x and ongoing are TAR files for Odin. They were mainly created to overcome the root issues of KL7 and later Firmware. The archive contains a Stock kernel in order not to increment the binary counter.

• Download Sheep V2.x and extract the RAR File. You should see one or more TAR files
    • Switch off Note and boot into Download Mode
    • Start Odin and connect Note to PC
    • Add the Sheep TAR Files as PDA, Modem, CSC in Odin (see Odin flash guidelines if you are in doubt)
    • Press "Start"

Flashing will take 3 to 4 Minutes in both cases. The first boot will take up to 5 Minutes (it is a deodexed ROM).
    Happy Flashing.
    V2.2 online in first post.

- LA1 based
    - FULL WIPE ROM!
    - odexed ROM as Odin TAR with Stock Kernel - flashable over every ROM, no yellow triangle
    - rooted
    - extended power menu
    - bat in %
    - fully connect icons
    - init.d scripts for performance optimizations
    - build.prop tweaks

I recommend to flash FM Kernel V2.0 after the ROM. Both together are providing excellent performance at outstanding battery life time.
    Does this work with BLN control?
    No. I tried a BLN Patch in the Kernel, but I had stability problems with the liblights.

One thing I noticed is that the signal strength, 3g and wifi indicators turn blue after a while... is it supposed to do that?
    That is due to the fully connect icons. They change the color as soon as the phone has a synchronization connection to the google servers.

I have previously used v6 supercharger and kerneliser to improve performance, do you use the same tweaks as default?
    Very likely there are some tweaks identical. But I used not this two tools as source for my tweaks, but maybe they used the same source as me.

Also, I am using the interactive governor, is that currently the best governor available at present?
    In my opinions it is.

You have this without the battery mod? Or how do i remove it?
    You can easily change the icons yourself. Grab the framework-res.apk from the phone, open it with a ZIP programm, copy new icons into the apk and push it back to the phone. There are several detailed guides in the forum dealing with bat icons.

Megaupload links are banned,can you send another link?
    The Multiupload Links contain several other hosters.
    Try This

I am on the newest KKA (2.3.6) ROM
    But when i try to flash it via update with CWM it stops after a few lines and i get a green droid with a yellow triangle and the phone reboots.

Tried several times but always the same ??
    Anybody has the same ?

What could that be ?

Hi

reboot into recovery using CWM
    once in recovery select wipe data (this will remove all your data so do a backup)
    then select wipe cache
    go to advanced and wipe Davlik and also battery stats
    then flash from SD card, (not as 'update.zip')
    It may take a while to boot up so just leave it and it should do its thing.

Note with this ROM you may lose the CWM app. I restored it using Mobile Odin and Chainfires kernel (tar file). Look on the threads in Android Development for more information.

This process worked fine for me.

Cheers

Aussie