[q] os deleted, odin won't add file, brick

Search This thread

raymondhs

Apr 2, 2014
Seacoast
Here's what I did and where I'm at please help if you can? **MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM :)**

Originally I tried to root but it didn't root. In fact my phone started to have issues right after my attempt to root.

PHONE: Tmobile Samsung galaxy S2 SGHT989 loaded w Jelly Bean 4.1.2

WHAT I DID: I followed this guide to root my phone (it didn’t work/root, even though the Recovery message said it rooted)

**I'm sorry for referencing another forum..I just googled a how to**

downloaded extracted: ODIN 1.85
downloaded: TWRP (touch recovery 2.5.0)
downloaded to pc then put on SD card: Superuser – CWM_ROOT_SUPERUSER_3.1.3_BUSYBOX

*THEN I FOLLOWED THE REST OF THE GUIDE ON HOW TO ROOT..very meticulously (the guide shows CWM recovery but I used TWRP recovery).

From TWRP I selected and ran the zipfile for Superuser (the CWM***BUSY BOX file).

I got the message that said that I was rooted.

I rebooted the phone and downloaded the Titanium Backup app because it requires root. I got the message from Titanium Backup app that said I wasn’t rooted.

The guide says that if it’s not rooted then to go back to recovery/TWRP and flash Superuser again. I did and it STILL didn’t work.

I tried reloading the cwm recovery as well (both CLOCKWORD MOD RECOVERY I thought maybe this was the issue “nope” and then back to TWRP because it’s easier to use).

After this it started doing the endless “BOOTLOOP”. I had to take out the battery to stop it.

I tried going into MASTER RESET from boot “volume down, power, home key” it didn’t work..still BOOTLOOP.

So I rebooted into recovery/TWRP to wipe thinking that this might fix it. I wiped out everything including the OS (I got a message when I was about to reboot that said “you don’t have an OS, do you want to proceed reboot?”.

In my attempt to unbrick my phone I tried to go through Kies but it didn't recognize my phone (I checked the model & serial number 4-5 times).

So I downloaded the stock ROM through samsung updates so I could flash the ROM with ODIN. I started made sure auto reboot f.reset time was checked, clicked PDA, browsed to the file, highlighted the file and when I clicked "open" to add the file it doesn't show the path in PDA section as it usually does. So ODIN won't let me flash the stock ROM.
I don't think the file's corrupted because I downloaded the stock ROM from 2 sites multiple times, I tried switching USB ports, switched USB cables, rebooted PC, restarted odin. I can't get it to recognize the file.

I'm at my wits end so if anybody can assist I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for your time and help

Last edited:

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014
Here's what I did and where I'm at please help if you can? **MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM :)**

Originally I tried to root but it didn't root. In fact my phone started to have issues right after my attempt to root.

PHONE: Tmobile Samsung galaxy S2 SGHT989 loaded w Jelly Bean 4.1.2

WHAT I DID: I followed this guide to root my phone (it didn’t work/root, even though the Recovery message said it rooted)

**I'm sorry for referencing another forum..I just googled a how to**

downloaded extracted: ODIN 1.85
downloaded: TWRP (touch recovery 2.5.0)
downloaded to pc then put on SD card: Superuser – CWM_ROOT_SUPERUSER_3.1.3_BUSYBOX

*THEN I FOLLOWED THE REST OF THE GUIDE ON HOW TO ROOT..very meticulously (the guide shows CWM recovery but I used TWRP recovery).

From TWRP I selected and ran the zipfile for Superuser (the CWM***BUSY BOX file).

I got the message that said that I was rooted.

I rebooted the phone and downloaded the Titanium Backup app because it requires root. I got the message from Titanium Backup app that said I wasn’t rooted.

The guide says that if it’s not rooted then to go back to recovery/TWRP and flash Superuser again. I did and it STILL didn’t work.

I tried reloading the cwm recovery as well (both CLOCKWORD MOD RECOVERY I thought maybe this was the issue “nope” and then back to TWRP because it’s easier to use).

After this it started doing the endless “BOOTLOOP”. I had to take out the battery to stop it.

I tried going into MASTER RESET from boot “volume down, power, home key” it didn’t work..still BOOTLOOP.

So I rebooted into recovery/TWRP to wipe thinking that this might fix it. I wiped out everything including the OS (I got a message when I was about to reboot that said “you don’t have an OS, do you want to proceed reboot?”.

In my attempt to unbrick my phone I tried to go through Kies but it didn't recognize my phone (I checked the model & serial number 4-5 times).

So I downloaded the stock ROM through samsung updates so I could flash the ROM with ODIN. I started made sure auto reboot f.reset time was checked, clicked PDA, browsed to the file, highlighted the file and when I clicked "open" to add the file it doesn't show the path in PDA section as it usually does. So ODIN won't let me flash the stock ROM.
I don't think the file's corrupted because I downloaded the stock ROM from 2 sites multiple times, I tried switching USB ports, switched USB cables, rebooted PC, restarted odin. I can't get it to recognize the file.

I'm at my wits end so if anybody can assist I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for your time and help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxapb57yeuk60ud/T989UVMC6_T989TMBMC6_TMB.zip
try unzipping this file- place .tar file on desktop
when your connected ond open odin, click pda , search desktop and add .tar file -hope this helps

raymondhs

Apr 2, 2014
Seacoast
Ok..so that I don't mess this up.
after I download this to desk top should I not open the zip file? Just open up ODIN select PDA then browse to the file location?

I'm screwing something up here...

raymondhs

Apr 2, 2014
Seacoast
Hallelujah!

UNBRICKED :victory: Up and running...phew!!

Thanks Fasted12! If you were here I would hug ya and make you feel uncomfortable. Stay awesome :good: