[ND8][4.4.2][TW] Flashlight Toggle [deodexed]

Search This thread

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Screenshot_2014-06-02-19-11-35.png

I put this together to help folks with development. Anyone can take these and build from them to have the toggle available in their project. I expect they will work on other d2 variants as well as d2spr but I don't know for sure. The apks are deodex and you can find the information I used to put them together following CNexus' thread HERE, HERE and HERE.

The first zip is a flashable that contains the Stock, otherwise unmodified SystemUI and SecSettings apks. The only modification being that the flashlight toggle has been added.

*A person on stock rooted deodex (will not work on odex!) can flash this, then run CNexus' "Add_flashlight_toggle.zip" found HERE to activate it.

The second zip (Non-flashable!) is the stock system/csc/feature.xml with the only modification being that, "CscFeature_Setting_DefNotificationPanelOrder" has been added. This is how I got the toggle to be available on a fresh flash. Thanks goes to talkingmonkeys for the info on that in the original thread!

Downloads:
SystemUI+Secsettings

csc/feature

Thanks
CNexus, talkingmonkeys and tdunham, for all the work you did to make this possible!

Disclaimer: Flash/use at your own risk!
*It is important to note that there may be additional issues I don't know about and as I am a truck driver, not a programmer I may or may not be able to fix things.
Everyone is encouraged to do what ever you like with anything I post, but a little credit would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Keyz450

Sep 13, 2011
just curious btw I'm stock & rooted
1. flash SystemUI and SecSettings
2. to activate it, flash cnexus Add_flashlight_toggle.zip?
is that correct?

Reactions: Chad The Pathfinder

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I am stock rooted, but on a odex ROM. Would it work?

No, you must be deodexed to modify things like this.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

He123321

Aug 6, 2007
Close by...
I downloaded the deodexed ROM from CNexus, then SystemUI+Secsettings, and finally "Add_flashlight_toggle.zip". It was acting up by not turning on, then turning on, and then not turning off.

Now, I had a brain fart and did not add the file csc/feature, because I followed the route below...

Originally Posted by Keyz450 View Post

is that correct?

I guess adding csc/feature was a must?

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
I downloaded the deodexed ROM from CNexus, then SystemUI+Secsettings, and finally "Add_flashlight_toggle.zip". It was acting up by not turning on, then turning on, and then not turning off.

Now, I had a brain fart and did not add the file csc/feature, because I followed the route below...

Originally Posted by Keyz450 View Post

is that correct?

I guess adding csc/feature was a must?

Its not necessary to use the csc/feature unless you want to make a ROM and have the toggle available at flash. To add this to the stock ROM just flash then activate.
Edit: what do you mean by "SystemUI+SecSettings" ?

Last edited:
Reactions: bilgerryan

nyles

Apr 30, 2010
Hi everyone, I attempted to flash the systemui+sec zip along with cnexus add flashlight zip to my stock odexed rom before the question was answered. My settings menu was lost upon reboot so i restored a backup. I realized that i lost my data toggle but was able to find cnexus fix for that, but am just realizing that i don't have a 1x data icon and only the 3g one shows. Was the 1x icon never there on the stock rooted rom, or did i lose it? Any suggestions to get it working? Thanks in advance

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi everyone, I attempted to flash the systemui+sec zip along with cnexus add flashlight zip to my stock odexed rom before the question was answered. My settings menu was lost upon reboot so i restored a backup. I realized that i lost my data toggle but was able to find cnexus fix for that, but am just realizing that i don't have a 1x data icon and only the 3g one shows. Was the 1x icon never there on the stock rooted rom, or did i lose it? Any suggestions to get it working? Thanks in advance

I'm not totally positive but I think in ND8 that the 1x icon does normal exist.

Maybe try dirty flashing the stock odexed rooted ND8 zip?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Reactions: nyles

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
@nyles The 1x icon does not show on stock. The SystemUI needs to be modded for that to work so its nothing you did.

Edit: this mod is for deodex ROMs. If you're on odex, after flashing use a file Explorer and delete the left over odex file for the SecSettings and SystemUI files then reboot and let us know if that worked for you.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-19-11-35.png

I put this together to help folks with development. Anyone can take these and build from them to have the toggle available in their project. I expect they will work on other d2 variants as well as d2spr but I don't know for sure. The apks are deodex and you can find the information I used to put them together following CNexus' thread HERE, HERE and HERE.

The first zip is a flashable that contains the Stock, otherwise unmodified SystemUI and SecSettings apks. The only modification being that the flashlight toggle has been added.

*A person on stock rooted deodex (will not work on odex!) can flash this, then run CNexus' "Add_flashlight_toggle.zip" found HERE to activate it.

The second zip (Non-flashable!) is the stock system/csc/feature.xml with the only modification being that, "CscFeature_Setting_DefNotificationPanelOrder" has been added. This is how I got the toggle to be available on a fresh flash. Thanks goes to talkingmonkeys for the info on that in the original thread!

Downloads:
    SystemUI+Secsettings

csc/feature

Thanks
    CNexus, talkingmonkeys and tdunham, for all the work you did to make this possible!

Disclaimer: Flash/use at your own risk!
    *It is important to note that there may be additional issues I don't know about and as I am a truck driver, not a programmer I may or may not be able to fix things.
    Everyone is encouraged to do what ever you like with anything I post, but a little credit would be appreciated.
    TY sir, worked perect! My backup S3 is now on ND8, Rooted, De-Knoxed & De-Odexed with the addition of this awesome Toggle and all is perfect. Now on to test out the Launchers! LOL.....

:highfive:
    No, I used yours.

Now I'm thinking, did I flash them in the correct order! I think I flashed CNexus 1st, then users.

Flash my apks first. Then flash CNexus zip to activate it.
    I am stock rooted, but on a odex ROM. Would it work?

No, you must be deodexed to modify things like this.

is that correct?

Yes

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png