~DEV~{WIP}[DUMP](ROM)Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Dump/PORT (ROM)[DUMP]{WIP}~DEV~

Search This thread

AZKJS

Jul 16, 2011
Saint George, UT
I can hear it already! "this broke my phone" LOL

Lets just hope what ever devs pick this up can handle the cry babys.
Thanks for this!!! :D

loudaccord

Aug 12, 2010
most of the cool stuff in ICS is already in some version of sense already. What I'm really interested in is seeing what HTC does with ICS.

Grouper

Oct 11, 2009
This is dumped from the SDK, so don't ever expect anything truly usable to come out of it.

loudaccord

Aug 12, 2010
^ I was going to ask how this would be different from the source, but that makes sense if it's from the SDK. That's just used to make apps and such correct?

loki154

Jun 19, 2010
most of the cool stuff in ICS is already in some version of sense already. What I'm really interested in is seeing what HTC does with ICS.

ICS is supoose to be a stock android experience. Google has said that ICS is to end fragmentation across the various handsets. Differing UI such as touchwiz, blur and Sense do nothing but slow down updates to people's phones. I'd be shocked if Google allows its partners to slap a new UI on top of ICS.

ChrisDDD

Sep 26, 2010
ICS is supoose to be a stock android experience. Google has said that ICS is to end fragmentation across the various handsets. Differing UI such as touchwiz, blur and Sense do nothing but slow down updates to people's phones. I'd be shocked if Google allows its partners to slap a new UI on top of ICS.

Nexus phones are designed to run stock Android, but I've read nothing specific about ICS itself being mandated to be stock and only stock. The only specifics Google has offered as to the fragmentation issue is an agreement with manufacturers/carriers to support new devices with updates for the first 18 months which, honestly, doesn't accomplish all that much. Given Android's update history, that'll generally only guarantee one OS version upgrade, two at the most if the phone is released at the right time to span two OS releases.

As for disallowing custom UI's, again, I've read nothing suggesting Google plans to restrict this. As it's one of the primary ways each manufacturer differentiates their product, I'd be shocked if Google can, or has any interest in, doing anything about it beside the aforementioned pledge of 18 months of support.

tincbtrar

Nov 12, 2009
New York City
Well, couldn't you take the code used to write the apps and use that to figure out the code for ICS??

Just curious since I know nothing about this stuff.

Sent from my DINC2HD

No...you could not. Reverse engineering wouldnt apply to SDK...because its only a system dump.

Then again ive seen stranger things. So who knows.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this kinda defeats the purpose of what I'm actually saying, but I think when it comes to releases like this, if you don't have any beneficial input such as ideas on how to accomplish this, then shut up! Like, how can the devs work if they're constantly being bombarded with "This is impossible, we don't have source code yet..." It's ridiculous. Just let the people work, and when they get it working you won't look like an idiot for saying it couldn't be done, and putting your foot in your mouth. If you don't say it, then no one will think you're an idiot for saying something absurd. Now, please leave the devs alone!!!

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD courtesy of Newt
    If I have helped, don't forget the thanks button ;)
    So here's the good news the pointer is now working. Touch still needs to be tweaked, I think it's the idc file.

Short Video:
    http://www.multiupload.com/PWVH7FKYKK

Edit: New working touchscreen build.

Uploading now... :)

Just sent rm2011 the source, he'll upload it to the Git. Then everyone can test or work on it.
    Waiting for a phone from insurance before I take a look at it. Should have it at some point on Monday but no promises about getting anything working. :)
    I know this kinda defeats the purpose of what I'm actually saying, but I think when it comes to releases like this, if you don't have any beneficial input such as ideas on how to accomplish this, then shut up! Like, how can the devs work if they're constantly being bombarded with "This is impossible, we don't have source code yet..." It's ridiculous. Just let the people work, and when they get it working you won't look like an idiot for saying it couldn't be done, and putting your foot in your mouth. If you don't say it, then no one will think you're an idiot for saying something absurd. Now, please leave the devs alone!!!

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD courtesy of Newt
    If I have helped, don't forget the thanks button ;)

Thank you Tyler. :) Very well said. I mean... If people want to put their time into it, why would you not just support them or shut up? If you want to offer your opinion, thats cool. But don't try to discourage, judge, or put down the hard working devs. Just my 2¢.
    Flashing the rom now w/ the compiled changes. Hopefully touch works.