[Q] Low Memory Issue

Search This thread

Exleh

Feb 8, 2011
Elko, Nevada
My girlfriend got the HTC Wildfire S for MetroPCS a couple of weeks ago. It is a nice phone except for one little problem: The internal memory is crap. She has exactly 5 apps installed, all are moved to SD, and she has 7.14 MB or internal memory free. It is running the stock 2.3 Rom rooted. I need some help figuring out what to do. Before you guys make suggestions let me list what I have already done:

1. S-OFF and rooted, removed all bloatware, which moved it from 3.21 MB to 8 MB which seems like BS because a few of those apps were about 6 MB in size.
2. Moved apps to SD card partially in the applications menu in settings.
3. Cleaned caches
4. Uninstalled almost every application.

This is very frustrating because she cant update apps, she cant download apps, and it is frustrating because I have the old Huawei Ascend on CM7 and I have more apps and am faster than her phone, its ridiculous, I also wonder why after removing over 60MB or crap and bloatware it freed up about 7MB. Makes no sense. I don't want to do DT's app2sd script yet because she doesn't have a way to back up her stuff before the partition of the SD card. If anyone can explain another way or something I can do to fix this please..... It would be greatly appreciated.

d33ps1x

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Use Partition Wizard Home (Free) to resize your FAT32 partition and create your Ext(whatever your kernel supports) partition on a windows machine.

No need to back up. Doesn't destroy partitions.

My preference is Link2SD free from the market.

You can mass move your apps, dalvik cache and library files to the Ext(Probably Ext2 with stock rom kernel) from the SD card and internal to your Ext partition very easy.

Also you can set it up to auto do this when new apps are installed and choose which apps you want to keep fully internal for faster booting, startup, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exleh

Exleh

Feb 8, 2011
Elko, Nevada
Use Partition Wizard Home (Free) to resize your FAT32 partition and create your Ext(whatever your kernel supports) partition on a windows machine.

You can mass move your apps, dalvik cache and library files to the Ext(Probably Ext2 with stock rom kernel) from the SD card and internal to your Ext partition very easy.

Also you can set it up to auto do this when new apps are installed and choose which apps you want to keep fully internal for faster booting, startup, etc.
I appreciate the fast reply. but here is my issue, she doesnt have a computer... is there anything else we can try?

raven.warsong

Apr 5, 2011
I did try that and. now the phone can't see the SD card. what shoud I do use a SD card reader. and wipe it?

d33ps1x

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I did try that and. now the phone can't see the SD card. what shoud I do use a SD card reader. and wipe it?
Is this the same question from two different people or one person logged on as two different people?

If your card is corrupt and can't be read try a program like Recuva on the PC (free) to get your files from it.

raven.warsong

Apr 5, 2011
Is this the same question from two different people or one person logged on as two different people?

If your card is corrupt and can't be read try a program like Recuva on the PC (free) to get your files from it.

sorry different person. Got a new card read sd card checks out after partion it will just not read the card can all kind of test on the card formated changed partion back to fad 32 it will just not read the card mounts in windows just fine.

raven.warsong

Apr 5, 2011
The card shows up and reads in windows?

yes and cant be read after any changes with mini tool partion wizard

if I make partions with windows storage manager it works fine. The only problem with that is windows see more that one partion on what it considers removal meda but cant create edit or change it. so gess im searching for a new partion tool or get some bootabe image of a linix distro and try it from there

d33ps1x

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Active partition, Fat32 and Primary partition?

sorry different person. Got a new card read sd card checks out after partion it will just not read the card can all kind of test on the card formated changed partion back to fad 32 it will just not read the card mounts in windows just fine.
Format it in windows using the partition software I mentioned and make sure it is:

1/ Fat32
2/ A Primary not a Logical partition
3/ Make it the Active partition

Reactions: raven.warsong

raven.warsong

Apr 5, 2011
thanks I have been working on it and got it to see the sd card

what about the 2 partion should it be ext2 ext 3 or fad 32 I guss it dose not matter I have tried all 3 but link2sd will not see the 2 partion

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

the phone will see the sd card I have tryed fad 32,ext2 ,ext 3 and ext4 that app will see none of them as the second partion are you shure I dont need root or some thing? sorry for all the nob questions

Exleh

Feb 8, 2011
Elko, Nevada
Sorry for the double post but you have to be rooted from what I understand. There is also a script or application that you have to use to move the apps and you MUST be rooted.

raven.warsong

Apr 5, 2011
thanks much I kind if figured that now sorry for wasting your time guess I should I read more or some thing

sriharsh@

Oct 4, 2012
sd card does not work

The card shows up and reads in windows?

what should i do if d sd card reads in windows and does not respond in the phone?? is there any way to recover it?? bcos i cant take d risk of ruining the memory card as it is my brother's office phone n he will kill me if something goes wrong wit it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Active partition, Fat32 and Primary partition?

Format it in windows using the partition software I mentioned and make sure it is:

1/ Fat32
    2/ A Primary not a Logical partition
    3/ Make it the Active partition
    It's no problem good luck! :D