HTC One X+

Search This thread

Snook321

Feb 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
How do you guys feel about the One X+ that's looking like a T-Mobile release? Are you questioning your decision on buying a Galaxy S3? Or you are 100% fine with it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I think it's an AT&T release but no removable battery and sd card...no thx

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

jawang26

Dec 18, 2010
No, its a TMO release...Honestly I'm very happy with my s3...Don't really question or regret it even if the 2 phones were out I'd still go with the S3 in the end I'd take expandable memory (sd card) over processing power any day...but that's just me I don't really use my phone for games more so music and media.

Reactions: 1SiK1500

forgot2wipe

Jun 21, 2012
I'm happy with the Galaxy S3, even though the HTC One X+ will probably be packing a quad core. I don't think that there will be much of a difference in everyday use.

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
I for one can't wait for it to be released, Super LCD 2 running jelly bean plus quad core this ish is gonna be a true monster no question about it :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
I'm happy with the Galaxy S3, even though the HTC One X+ will probably be packing a quad core. I don't think that there will be much of a difference in everyday use.

Quadcore? No. The same version that at&t has we will get. I previewed the one x and the note. Took the note obviously. Stateside will not see a quad til s4 pro. The stateside s3 is revolutionary, 2gb of ram, expandable storage, removable battery......c'mon. There is no comparison.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
Quadcore? No. The same version that at&t has we will get. I previewed the one x and the note. Took the note obviously. Stateside will not see a quad til s4 pro. The stateside s3 is revolutionary, 2gb of ram, expandable storage, removable battery......c'mon. There is no comparison.

Tegra 3+ is quadcore bro that is a fact I love my GS3 but ill take a better screen,processor + jellybean over 2gb ram any day just sayin

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

elracing21

Apr 11, 2009
Bronx
Why Idc about the one x+?

Coming from the one S I find the gs3 screen better. It Sucks in daylight but it doesn't bother me. Another thing is battery. They one+ is reportedly rocking the same size battery as the one x. Higher clocked processor with more cores = terrible battery life. Another reason is HTC in general. Coming from the one S I still don't think they even have full s off because Htc hasn't released the source code (last time I check people still couldn't make custom kernels) whereas Samsung released the gs3 instantly. Last reason is the sense ui. It's wack compared to touchwiz Imo.

I make enough money to get a new phone monthly if I wanted to. I won't be buying another Htc branded phone for a while. Not until they get better at supporting the dev community. I'm even still in my 14 day return period and I won't be returning it. Now release a gs3+ with an s4+ pro (quad) and you win me over lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: benefit14snake

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
Quick google of it says it scores a 58.5 in nena mark. Now scores are only a measuring stick, but my stock GS3 gets 59.9, so its not like its betting blown away. Im more than content with my GS3.

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
How do you guys feel about the One X+ that's looking like a T-Mobile release? Are you questioning your decision on buying a Galaxy S3? Or you are 100% fine with it?

Not at all I love this beast !!

Plus i have an upgrade in December so I'm good

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal

Coming from the one S I find the gs3 screen better. It Sucks in daylight but it doesn't bother me. Another thing is battery. They one+ is reportedly rocking the same size battery as the one x. Higher clocked processor with more cores = terrible battery life. Another reason is HTC in general. Coming from the one S I still don't think they even have full s off because Htc hasn't released the source code (last time I check people still couldn't make custom kernels) whereas Samsung released the gs3 instantly. Last reason is the sense ui. It's wack compared to touchwiz Imo.

I make enough money to get a new phone monthly if I wanted to. I won't be buying another Htc branded phone for a while. Not until they get better at supporting the dev community. I'm even still in my 14 day return period and I won't be returning it. Now release a gs3+ with an s4+ pro (quad) and you win me over lol.

Not entirely true. Tegra 3 processors have a 5th core clocked @512mhz that runs all the background stuff if the cores aren't needed...thus giving it a better battery life. And, the GPU made by NVidia is awesome. Our Adreno 225 is just no match...sorry to say guys....but if that one x+ does come out with Tegra 3 and JB right or off the box...looks like I'll be making the jump. I'll still keep my s3 tho...like I do with all my phones. :p

sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1SiK1500

laylovj

Sep 16, 2010
Ehh, I prefer Samsung over HTC...so...not really. There's really no need for quad core phones. Some people don't even have Quad Core PCs. :/

Snook321

Feb 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
I was an HTC loyalist before the Galaxy S3 came out and the One S wasn't gonna cut it for me so that's why I pulled the trigger on the Galaxy S3 but little did I know how much I would love this phone! Now I'm not gonna lie, when I found out about the One X+ I was mad, but if you think about it, the X+ will probably not have a removable battery nor a SD Card slot which are deal breakers for me. Sure Tegra 3+ will be amazing because I'm a gamer on the phones, but 2GB of RAM, Removable Battery and SD card slot is too hard to give up! I love my GS3

Don_Perrignon

Jan 13, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Love HTC and Sense, but, without the expandable memory and replaceable battery... Damn HTC, get it right. But, I do appreciate HTC giving us a proper One series phone. The One S was an insult to T-Mobile customers in my honest opinion.

behappy

Mar 28, 2010
Love HTC and Sense, but, without the expandable memory and replaceable battery... Damn HTC, get it right. But, I do appreciate HTC giving us a proper One series phone. The One S was an insult to T-Mobile customers in my honest opinion.

+1

And to think they were the creators of the omnipotent HD2... They could have gone so far, but they played Apple and limited the very things their customers wanted... bleh...

iloveandroid16

Jul 25, 2011
Fort Pierce, Florida
Eww the one x is ugly & laggy... watch the YouTube videos, plus it not going to have a quad core processor because T-Mobile 42+mbps network only support S4 dual core...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

dmarco

Sep 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'm super happy with my SGS3. If you need high benchmark scores to make you feel like cool kat, then you should probably go with the HTC, however, WE all know that benchmark scores don't mean squat when compared to real world usage. That being said, those of us whom have already grown up are quite contempt with our Samsung phones. Believe me, I used to be a die hard HTC fan, always getting the latest and greatest of all their devices. Although one can only take so much before they just give up all hope and walk away feeling betrayed. After all of the random reboots, frozen screen, crashes, loading screens, glitches and disappointments, I decided that enough is enough HTC has let me down for the last time. I am now a born again Samsung lover, I feel sorry for ever straying in the first place, however, I am more than thankful that the SGS3 has brought me back to where I belong.... In the land where all is right:)

Reactions: SimPRoBer20

Don_Perrignon

Jan 13, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, USA
I'm super happy with my SGS3. If you need high benchmark scores to make you feel like cool kat, then you should probably go with the HTC, however, WE all know that benchmark scores don't mean squat when compared to real world usage. That being said, those of us whom have already grown up are quite contempt with our Samsung phones. Believe me, I used to be a die hard HTC fan, always getting the latest and greatest of all their devices. Although one can only take so much before they just give up all hope and walk away feeling betrayed. After all of the random reboots, frozen screen, crashes, loading screens, glitches and disappointments, I decided that enough is enough HTC has let me down for the last time. I am now a born again Samsung lover, I feel sorry for ever straying in the first place, however, I am more than thankful that the SGS3 has brought me back to where I belong.... In the land where all is right:)

Don't get it twisted, dude, TouchWiz is far from perfect. Both Sense and TouchWiz have inexcusable flaws. Don't start that.

Reactions: The Janitor Mop

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't get it twisted, dude, TouchWiz is far from perfect. Both Sense and TouchWiz have inexcusable flaws. Don't start that.

Get it twisted, who twisted your nuts in a vice grip dude!!! That's NOT an opinion of mine, those are cold hard facts that anyone with a 3rd grade level of reading comprehension could easily look up online. I also speak from past PERSONAL EXPERIENCE , so I'm NOT just one of those proud, misinformed, opinionated wanna-know-it-all douchebags!!! You got your five minutes in my spotlight, now have a great night bro...
    :)

It's funny how everyone skips over all the problems related to tegra 3. Sure it's fast, especially when mine was clocked at 1.8ghz but I stopped using my device because of all the problems. At first I blamed Asus and thought it was manufacturing problems then I started looking into the one x forums and noticing the same issues. I am also not some unexperienced fanboy, I've owned the transformer Prime and galaxy s3 since launch day and would take an s4 chip over the tegra 3 any day of the week.

Hell I'd even take an omap 4 over a tegra 3...unless all of the problems instantly go away.

Tegra 3 is marketing genius in more than one way but ill pass. Already sold my prime just have to unload my dock and I'm home free. Just wanted to also mention that I went through 4 primes to find one that was good and even that one suffered from a lot of problems.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    What no one has even brought up is the fact our phones do more out of the box. Sharing/streaming features that integrate with other Samsung devices including smart tv, S-Voice which operates in many ways as good as the best alternatives out there, that's just some of the features that set it apart from the rest. I used to love HTC don't get me wrong, but Sense taxes the phone.. regardless of how smooth it seems with the newer versions it eventually causes problems. This phone does everything fast, all the time, no matter what.

Sent from the current Heavy Weight champ GALAXY SIII

Not entirely true. Tegra 3 processors have a 5th core clocked @512mhz that runs all the background stuff if the cores aren't needed...thus giving it a better battery life. And, the GPU made by NVidia is awesome. Our Adreno 225 is just no match...sorry to say guys....but if that one x+ does come out with Tegra 3 and JB right or off the box...looks like I'll be making the jump. I'll still keep my s3 tho...like I do with all my phones. :p

sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2