Storage Issue? (Solved)

Search This thread

Mr.Wanted

Nov 30, 2012
Everything is stored in the internal storage. So I hav only 500mb left. I cant move my apps to SD card. It says "the device does not have a real primary external storage" I have tried apps2sd and rom toolbox. My phone is rooted. Can anyone help me with this?

Sent from my GT-I8552 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390556276129.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390556276129.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 13,864
Last edited:
Reactions: eyad_F14

mysteryno46

You need to Root for avail this feature

Everything is stored in the internal storage. So I hav only 500mb left. I cant move my apps to SD card. It says "the device does not have a real primary external storage" I have tried apps2sd and rom toolbox. My phone is rooted. Can anyone help me with this?

If you want to avail this feature to move apps data to sd card you need to root the phone(Use kingo app for rooting) and install gl2sd app from playstore.
This app will copy the huge data of bigger games and few apps to sd card. That way you will be able to free up lots of space. You can then install many heavy data games on your phone and enjoy. :D

But yes you have to root the phone first. If you're afraid of warranty, then don't worry you can make the status back to official and get the warranty back. There a tool called triangle away to do that. So, if you want to have this feature then root. Go ahead and try if needed and enjoy. Cheers ! ! !:good:

Let me know if any issues. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: eyad_F14 and abhi29

Mr.Wanted

Nov 30, 2012
If you want to avail this feature to move apps data to sd card you need to root the phone(Use kingo app for rooting) and install gl2sd app from playstore.
This app will copy the huge data of bigger games and few apps to sd card. That way you will be able to free up lots of space. You can then install many heavy data games on your phone and enjoy. :D

But yes you have to root the phone first. If you're afraid of warranty, then don't worry you can make the status back to official and get the warranty back. There a tool called triangle away to do that. So, if you want to have this feature then root. Go ahead and try if needed and enjoy. Cheers ! ! !:good:

My phone is rooted already. Installed that app and trying it out.! Files are currently being moved. I will let u know if it worked in 5-10mins :)

EDIT : Thanks dude. worked like a charm :D

Last edited:

mysteryno46

Don't forget to thank

My phone is rooted already. Installed that app and trying it out.! Files are currently being moved. I will let u know if it worked in 5-10mins :)

I hope do you know what I mean. :p If I help hit the thanks button there below. :D

Let me know if any other help needed. Might reply a little late but surely will. :cool:

Reactions: Mr.Wanted

Emjayq4

Jul 22, 2014
Out of Space : Unable to install some apps

Hi everyone!

Pardon me, I'm just new here, I signed up bcoz I'm losing hope now.

I'm having issue installing "some" apps on my phone. (some are installing)

Search and tried TS steps found online to no success.

TS steps done:
Restarted the phone
Clear Cache on the recovery mode
Clear cache on each application through setting>application manager
Clear cache using android assistant
Tried the MMI code *#9900# and deleted dumpstate/logcat
Deleted the "mysterious large file" .thumbdata
Checked and deleted some odex files
Checked and deleted files under android/data
Installed Lucky patcher (no troubleshooting option)
Unable to install logcat
Unable to search appslib or app-lib

Phone information:
Galaxy grand quattro
Not rooted, stock ROM
phone memory : 1.74GB/ 5GB
SD card 1.5GB/ 32GB
Running process (under applct'n manager): 662MB used, 219MB free
RAM status : 568MB/845MB

I can just reset my phone to factory default but that's just avoiding the problem, I would like to resolve the root cause of the problem. (without rooting the phone)
I believe that we can resolved this issue.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

windowsvistas

Sep 7, 2013
Root You Device First

Hi everyone!

Pardon me, I'm just new here, I signed up bcoz I'm losing hope now.

I'm having issue installing "some" apps on my phone. (some are installing)

Search and tried TS steps found online to no success.

TS steps done:
Restarted the phone
Clear Cache on the recovery mode
Clear cache on each application through setting>application manager
Clear cache using android assistant
Tried the MMI code *#9900# and deleted dumpstate/logcat
Deleted the "mysterious large file" .thumbdata
Checked and deleted some odex files
Checked and deleted files under android/data
Installed Lucky patcher (no troubleshooting option)
Unable to install logcat
Unable to search appslib or app-lib

Phone information:
Galaxy grand quattro
Not rooted, stock ROM
phone memory : 1.74GB/ 5GB
SD card 1.5GB/ 32GB
Running process (under applct'n manager): 662MB used, 219MB free
RAM status : 568MB/845MB

I can just reset my phone to factory default but that's just avoiding the problem, I would like to resolve the root cause of the problem. (without rooting the phone)
I believe that we can resolved this issue.
Thank you in advance.

First of all make your phone rooted (then only you can delete modify files) use odin to flah CWM recovery and install superSU with CWM, some apk need root access ( like lucky patcher, root explorer) then use root explorer and go to sdcard/andriod /data and delete only the files which are not working and then try to install them it will work.

Here is the link to rooting :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2494471&nocache=1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to Root for avail this feature

Don't forget to thank

I hope do you know what I mean. :p If I help hit the thanks button there below. :D

Let me know if any other help needed. Might reply a little late but surely will. :cool: