[Q] I have a problem with data being deleted on reboot?

Search This thread

Jason1712

Mar 22, 2014
Hi,
I rooted my phone because I wanted to use an application called FolderMount, so I could store big chunks of data from apps onto my SD card.(it seems as though the SD card is useless on Android)I am using an HTC Desire 601, with Android version 4.2.2. Now my problem is that, I'm having an error with FolderMount because of something to do with external SD card r/w permissions.(no this is not specific to the app, it's a software wide problem, that's why I'm posting here.) So I found a "fix" that involved editing platform.xml and adding a line. However, everytime I try to edit it, either the phone just reboots, or no changes are made. Basically, the system folder is denying me r/w access. In root explorer there is a feature to mount it temporarily as r/w, but then if I reboot my changes are lost. This is a problem which I think is also not allowing me to install Busybox. Please help me with this. Thank you.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi,
I rooted my phone because I wanted to use an application called FolderMount, so I could store big chunks of data from apps onto my SD card.(it seems as though the SD card is useless on Android)I am using an HTC Desire 601, with Android version 4.2.2. Now my problem is that, I'm having an error with FolderMount because of something to do with external SD card r/w permissions.(no this is not specific to the app, it's a software wide problem, that's why I'm posting here.) So I found a "fix" that involved editing platform.xml and adding a line. However, everytime I try to edit it, either the phone just reboots, or no changes are made. Basically, the system folder is denying me r/w access. In root explorer there is a feature to mount it temporarily as r/w, but then if I reboot my changes are lost. This is a problem which I think is also not allowing me to install Busybox. Please help me with this. Thank you.

Stock rom?

Which root app do you use?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Oh okay I have the SuperSU app it's SuperSU v1.93 I don't know if it's the latest version. Sorry, I'm new to this rooting stuff. I only got this phone this Monday, and I only got to know about rooting the day after.

Open SuperSU and check if access is granted for "FolderMount"

Do you use free FolderMount? Thats limited to 3links at all.

What type of sd card do you use?

Last edited:

Jason1712

Mar 22, 2014
Open SuperSU and check if access is granted for "FolderMount"

Do you use free FolderMount? Thats limited to 3links at all.

Yes, of course access is granted. I have only tried to create one link so far...so it can't be anything to do with the number of links permitted in FolderMount. I mean, I haven't been able to create a single working link. Precisely, the error I'm getting in FolderMount has something to do with sd card r/w permissions(I've linked a screenshot;maybe you've had this problem before and you solved it?)

The only possible fix I can find is the edit to platform.xml. I've contacted the developer; notice how it says "Attempt to patch my ROM"? Well the developer told me that when the patch is applied and when I reboot, the patch is erased because of the reboot(he said that seems to be the case) so I need to find a way to ensure that it isn't erased. I'm having the same problem here; when I make an edit, it's erased either immediately or after reboot. So that's why I need to find a way to fix this. Thanks, if you have a possible fix.

I've tried using DirectoryBind, but it doesn't work and I hear it's been broken since 4.2. I don't know how to revert back to a previous Android version for my device, so I'm stuck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-22-15-33-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-22-15-33-09.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 13

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Yes, of course access is granted. I have only tried to create one link so far...so it can't be anything to do with the number of links permitted in FolderMount. I mean, I haven't been able to create a single working link. Precisely, the error I'm getting in FolderMount has something to do with sd card r/w permissions(I've linked a screenshot;maybe you've had this problem before and you solved it?)

The only possible fix I can find is the edit to platform.xml. I've contacted the developer; notice how it says "Attempt to patch my ROM"? Well the developer told me that when the patch is applied and when I reboot, the patch is erased because of the reboot(he said that seems to be the case) so I need to find a way to ensure that it isn't erased. I'm having the same problem here; when I make an edit, it's erased either immediately or after reboot. So that's why I need to find a way to fix this. Thanks, if you have a possible fix.

I've tried using DirectoryBind, but it doesn't work and I hear it's been broken since 4.2. I don't know how to revert back to a previous Android version for my device, so I'm stuck.

Some files e.g. related to kernel will be generated on every boot. In that case you can't change em permanently. BUT you can try another solution so far :) Create a ext2/ext4 partition on your external sd and use Link2SD or APP2SD pro :)

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Yes.Philz-Touch Modified, Advanced CWM Recovery. At least, that's whats stated in the Desire 601 root guide.

This recovery has a built-i feature to parttition sd-card. Pls keep in mind that all data on sd will be deleted during the process. i look out for a guide.

Your recovery / Rom (Kernel) has to support this feature. I can't find this information. So pls be patient. I'll pm you as soon as i found a safe solution.

Last edited:

Jason1712

Mar 22, 2014
This recovery has a built-i feature to parttition sd-card. Pls keep in mind that all data on sd will be deleted during the process. i look out for a guide.

So I just have to do that? Just boot into recovery, then use the partition sd-card feature in my recovery, and then that's it? My sd card will be partitioned? Ok, then I download..Link2SD?

Jason1712

Mar 22, 2014

Your recovery / Rom (Kernel) has to support this feature. I can't find this information. So pls be patient. I'll pm you as soon as i found a safe solution.

Oh sorry, I didn't see this post before I posted my reply. OK, thanks a lot.