G3 thoughts

Search This thread

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
I was converted to lg with Nexus 4, and have stuck with them. I was a long time HTC fan, but the g2 is the best phone I've ever owned.
I'm a little disappointed in the news on g3. It seems the screen will be bigger and a higher resolution, but the battery is staying the same? Isn't this going to severely change the battery life?
The processor isn't going to be the LG octa core we had hoped for, I am just really not too excited. Anyone have any good news?

Sent from the BEST phone I've ever owned my LG G2

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
Yeah I find it a bit ridiculous that they are going 2k screen yet many companies can't make a 1080p screen last more than 15hrs.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
Well I'm a phone junky. I've had the g2 longer than any phone ever. I just hope there is more to g3 than been released so far.

Also wish you could buy one of the new phones from One or OPPO and use them on Verizon

Reactions: JRJ442

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
G2 is still good I'll wait for G4, I think they are aiming too high on G3 with bigger screen and same battery size

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
I just don't get it sometimes. People are killing the HTC M8 and even more so the Galaxy S5 for being "more of the same", so LG works on a totally revamped UI, a (industry first) 2k screen and more that's yet to be seen and people are now complaining because they're "reaching too high"?

I understand the battery concerns, but that's speculation at this point. I am not a huge fan of the UI, but I also hated the original UI on my G2, it's grown on me with the help of LGs built in themes. I, for one, am glad they are trying to make their phones drastically different.

Reactions: 0331

whishey

Jul 13, 2013
I have an upgrade I'm thinking of going to htc one m8. But was gonna give lg a chance to impress. How are the speakers on g2 I know will not compare to htc one m8.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

googlelover

Oct 19, 2010
I have an upgrade I'm thinking of going to htc one m8. But was gonna give lg a chance to impress. How are the speakers on g2 I know will not compare to htc one m8.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Honestly, with viper4android installed, along with a few sound increasing options ticked on it, my phone speaker is rediculously loud, stock its pretty quiet, but the potential for it to be loud is there.

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
I think HTC will inevitably be gone. Everytime one of the people does something that is of really high quality, such as their recent design guy, they leave. LG is one company that has the resources to go toe to toe with Samsung and Apple. I'm not complaining, I just don't want them to lose the momentum they gained. As for LG ui? I loved it from jump... Much better than Sense or TW

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steamer86

Haxcid

Jul 16, 2010
Ventura
I just don't get it sometimes. People are killing the HTC M8 and even more so the Galaxy S5 for being "more of the same", so LG works on a totally revamped UI, a (industry first) 2k screen and more that's yet to be seen and people are now complaining because they're "reaching too high"?

I understand the battery concerns, but that's speculation at this point. I am not a huge fan of the UI, but I also hated the original UI on my G2, it's grown on me with the help of LGs built in themes. I, for one, am glad they are trying to make their phones drastically different.

The new UI will surely be ported to the G2 at some point, as for the hardware, I don't think they shot high enough. The hardware changes between the G2 and G3 just are not enough to warrant the cost in my opinion. I am with others, I will wait for the G4 or 5 before I make any changes. The larger screen higher res but same battery is going to be an issue. I guess we will see.

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
The new UI will surely be ported to the G2 at some point, as for the hardware, I don't think they shot high enough. The hardware changes between the G2 and G3 just are not enough to warrant the cost in my opinion. I am with others, I will wait for the G4 or 5 before I make any changes. The larger screen higher res but same battery is going to be an issue. I guess we will see.

It comes down to what's available. None of the new phones this year were massively better than last year. And battery technology has become lateral. 1080p is already as good as it can get..2k? Will or can anyone tell? The cameras are the only real place for drastic improvements and both HTC and Samsung failed to deliver. These companies keep pushing out phones because they have too now. Annual flagships are almost required to stay relative even when the technology doesn't support the need to upgrade. I'm excited to see what Motorola will do next. They're the only phone manufacturer last year that didn't use the latest and greatest and still hit the mark. Better camera, better battery life and better screen. all fairly easy to obtain. And they have a homerun

Sent from my VS980 4G

SupaSwag

Feb 13, 2012
I'm also curious if Verizon will pick up the Sony phone. That could be interesting

Forgot which site it was but they reported on a rumor stating it would be coming to Verizon. Seeing as how Sony is facing manufacturing delays though in other markets who knows when it will finally come to the US.

As for the G3 I'm just hoping Verizon doesn't push LG around in order to have a unique variant like they did with the G2. It results in a very limited amount of cases to choose from when compared to the standard model.

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
I'm also curious if Verizon will pick up the Sony phone. That could be interesting

I dunno if you guys have heard of Flowly (App that has several sources for Android news like Phandroid, AH, AC, etc) but I read a few articles on there that said the Sony Xperia Z2 will not be coming to any US carriers, not even T-Mobile. They'll sell unlocked phones in the US but that's it. I don't know why, but it seems like something on Sonys end is causing issue since not a single carrier will be selling it. It's lame IMO, but things like that are why Sony doesn't matter when it comes to anything Android.

*edit* http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...rrier-available-only-on-Sonys-website_id55546

xgman

Sep 17, 2013
As for the G3 I'm just hoping Verizon doesn't push LG around in order to have a unique variant like they did with the G2. It results in a very limited amount of cases to choose from when compared to the standard model.

I have grown very fond of the wireless charging though.

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
Yeah its cool, but I'm tired of being the bastard model too. Cases are hard to find. I'm anti iPhone but if iPhone 6 looks cool, I'm tempted to get it just so I can play with cases for a bit

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
We don't need a 100 cases. I'll gladly take Qi charging over standard back design. I only wish Verizon hadn't changed the back buttons.

Worry about locked bootloaders, not cases.

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
We don't need a 100 cases. I'll gladly take Qi charging over standard back design. I only wish Verizon hadn't changed the back buttons.

That bootloader is what worries me. Since they blocked Loki with KK, the G3 is going to be in the same boat. But this time with no way to push a loki'd aboot since there won't be one.

Rippley05

May 11, 2010

You mean You don't need cases and prefer wireless charging. You don't speak for everyone tho. I care less about wireless charging but enjoy a variety of cases to mix it up.

I agree on the boot loader. Its gonna suck

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The good news is that the LG G2 is a great phone, and there is no reason to spend the extra money on the G3.

Thanks Devs, from my LG G2
    Well I'm a phone junky. I've had the g2 longer than any phone ever. I just hope there is more to g3 than been released so far.

Also wish you could buy one of the new phones from One or OPPO and use them on Verizon

I think HTC will inevitably be gone. Everytime one of the people does something that is of really high quality, such as their recent design guy, they leave. LG is one company that has the resources to go toe to toe with Samsung and Apple. I'm not complaining, I just don't want them to lose the momentum they gained. As for LG ui? I loved it from jump... Much better than Sense or TW