Odin Stuck at NAND Write Start

Search This thread

silv3rfox

Sep 7, 2009
Orsay
Problem:

My GSII was running normally on the latest RootBox version, Dorimax Kernel 7.46, I was using SD Maid Pro, to Optimize database, I didn't actually knew what the function do, but it has to do something with improving the performance of my phone, and i already used it before many times.
But this time it was stuck for like 10 minutes while optimizing database so i turned off my phone and turned it on again, and BAM, stuck on samsung logo, I couldn't access recovery, only download mode.

Steps I already took:
  • 1. Flashed Dorimanx Kernel 7.45 .tar with Odin -> Odin Stuck at NAND Write Start
  • 2. Flashed Stock Roms, ICS (I9100XXLPH and I9100XWLPG) and JB (I9100XWLS8_I9100FOPLS3) -> Odin Stuck at NAND Write Start (Failed)
  • 3. Flashed it on a different Laptop (x86 and x64) -> Same results.

Here is the log from ODIN:
Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100_XEU_I9100XWLPG_PRE-ROOTED_I9100XXLPX_I9100XEULP5.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> boot.bin
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Step that I'm thinking of taking:

I suspected then that I had to go nasty and flash PIT and re-partition.

Basically this is the last solution for hopeless flashaholics, so based on these threads (1) (2) I downloaded the pit zip, but it contained lots of patched pit files, and each for different brick area.
The problem I cannot access recovery mode so I can't know the bricked part. I read in the thread that if I don't know i have to try each one (92 pit files).

And that was a solution for the MMC_CAP_ERASE brick, which actually is not present if i'm using Dorimanx Kernel or JB AOSP ROMs.
So now I'm not sure if flashing pit will be the correct solution, I was starting to think of flashing a bootloader as in thread

So fellow flashaholics, before I mess up with pit files, and f*ck my phone more, any more suggestions?
(Btw I don't have yellow triangle, so basically I can send it to repairing service or whatever, but actually staying without a smartphone for at least a week is quite impossible for me, if you know what I mean)

Reactions: joelunch and Bozo10

gastonw

Dec 19, 2012
Pit files should be regarded as a last resort.

Try all odin versions possible

Try all usb ports.

Try all usb cables.

Try all pc/laptops you can.

Try flashing various ROMs.

Try flashing various kernels via Odin.

Uninstall & reinstall Kies.

Sent from the little guy

Reactions: silv3rfox

silv3rfox

Sep 7, 2009
Orsay
Download and flash with odin 1.3.
Odin 1.3? I did try to flash with Odin 1.85 but didn't want to go older than that. But anyway I'm not loosing anything, so i'll give it a shot.

Pit files should be regarded as a last resort.

Try all odin versions possible

Try all usb ports.

Try all usb cables.

Try all pc/laptops you can.

Try flashing various ROMs.

Try flashing various kernels via Odin.

Uninstall & reinstall Kies.

Thanks for the advice, but the problem that it's just stuck at NAND bla bla bla, and not continuing, even thought I tried multiple ROMs, and Kernels, and Laptops. I already uninstalled Kies, it's useless anyway, I reinstalled USB drivers, basically i exploited every possible solution other than flashing a PIT file. But I'll keep trying.

kopiko09

May 30, 2009
Odin 1.3? I did try to flash with Odin 1.85 but didn't want to go older than that. But anyway I'm not loosing anything, so i'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the advice, but the problem that it's just stuck at NAND bla bla bla, and not continuing, even thought I tried multiple ROMs, and Kernels, and Laptops. I already uninstalled Kies, it's useless anyway, I reinstalled USB drivers, basically i exploited every possible solution other than flashing a PIT file. But I'll keep trying.

I have exact same problem today, still trying to recover the NAND

GreatVortex

Jun 26, 2011
Targu Mures
I had the exact problem with two phones. I tried everything but with no luck. Than I downloaded odin 1.3 and that solved my problem. Try odin 1.3 you don't lose anything.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

gastonw

Dec 19, 2012
If it doesn't fly...keep trying with another versions.

Sent from the little guy

kopiko09

May 30, 2009
Nope. Doesn't work.
I can get into download mode
I cannot get into recovery mode
I can charge the battery if I connect the phone to PC/charger
All attempts stuck at NAND write
Is this motherboard problem?
Any help?

kopiko09

May 30, 2009
Did try.
Siyah stuck at zimage.
I tried almost everything all day long. Is there any hard core way to reset this phone?
I read about .PIT file method to reset, but looks like no guide to do it here. Can you help me please?

gastonw

Dec 19, 2012
Did try.
Siyah stuck at zimage.
I tried almost everything all day long. Is there any hard core way to reset this phone?
I read about .PIT file method to reset, but looks like no guide to do it here. Can you help me please?

There are, but you really need to know what you're doing.
Are you sure you had tried everything and then tried it again?
If, and only if, YES, we can start talking about pit files.

Sent from the little guy

gastonw

Dec 19, 2012
Promise me (and your device) you'll try it ALL out again.

Sent from the little guy

silv3rfox

Sep 7, 2009
Orsay
OK I'll try everything again once more. If still fail I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks
I tried to flash different ROMs with ODIN 1.3, it didn't get past the boot.bin, i retried with Odin 3.07, but still same old problem stuck at NAND Write bla bla bla!

Hope you'll get something, that'll give me some hope to retry again!

kopiko09

May 30, 2009
OK, one thing is sure. Odin 1.3 does NOT work. It stucks earlier than other version of odin. Not even get to NAND write step

Reactions: einverne

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem:

My GSII was running normally on the latest RootBox version, Dorimax Kernel 7.46, I was using SD Maid Pro, to Optimize database, I didn't actually knew what the function do, but it has to do something with improving the performance of my phone, and i already used it before many times.
    But this time it was stuck for like 10 minutes while optimizing database so i turned off my phone and turned it on again, and BAM, stuck on samsung logo, I couldn't access recovery, only download mode.

Steps I already took:
    • 1. Flashed Dorimanx Kernel 7.45 .tar with Odin -> Odin Stuck at NAND Write Start
    • 2. Flashed Stock Roms, ICS (I9100XXLPH and I9100XWLPG) and JB (I9100XWLS8_I9100FOPLS3) -> Odin Stuck at NAND Write Start (Failed)
    • 3. Flashed it on a different Laptop (x86 and x64) -> Same results.

Here is the log from ODIN:
    Code:
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I9100_XEU_I9100XWLPG_PRE-ROOTED_I9100XXLPX_I9100XEULP5.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> boot.bin
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Step that I'm thinking of taking:

I suspected then that I had to go nasty and flash PIT and re-partition.

Basically this is the last solution for hopeless flashaholics, so based on these threads (1) (2) I downloaded the pit zip, but it contained lots of patched pit files, and each for different brick area.
    The problem I cannot access recovery mode so I can't know the bricked part. I read in the thread that if I don't know i have to try each one (92 pit files).

And that was a solution for the MMC_CAP_ERASE brick, which actually is not present if i'm using Dorimanx Kernel or JB AOSP ROMs.
    So now I'm not sure if flashing pit will be the correct solution, I was starting to think of flashing a bootloader as in thread

So fellow flashaholics, before I mess up with pit files, and f*ck my phone more, any more suggestions?
    (Btw I don't have yellow triangle, so basically I can send it to repairing service or whatever, but actually staying without a smartphone for at least a week is quite impossible for me, if you know what I mean)
    I9100p

OK guys this is what happened to me:
    This morning I tried to flash a .tar via odin 3.07 and got stuck at NAND write...my heart stopped for i thought -shiet i bricked ANOTHER terminal lol...
    how did i solve it?
    -Flashed Siyah kernel [mediafire..com/download/zk6a6hkpm9ga550/Siyah-s2-v5.0.1.tar (notice the ..)] via ODIN 3.07
    -Flashed 4.4.4 compatible CWM via kernel's own recovery
    -Flashed 4.4.4 OMNI rom for I9100 .........and YES it worked!!...now i need a way to unlock SIM (wtf why? and how do i do it?)
    -Heart beating again im happy and i'll drink to that...SALUD!
    ...and also i dont take credit for anything at all other than owning an SGS2 that is a not a paperweight
    Thanks to all the people that posted in this thread you guys helped a lot and ill be thanking everyone ...NAND dont give up on your terminals xD pun wink wink
    cheers from the dark side. Alastor v3.14
    falsh the kernel and the rom via clockworkmod
    I had the exact problem with two phones. I tried everything but with no luck. Than I downloaded odin 1.3 and that solved my problem. Try odin 1.3 you don't lose anything.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
    Flash siyah v5.

Sent from the little guy