Oppo Find 7a - Builds affected by the Yellow Tint

Search This thread

expos

Feb 25, 2011
Mine is from patch of 5 June 2014 astro black version, still have yellow tint...and they allow me to exchange

abandroid

Jun 19, 2012
Mine is from patch of 5 June 2014 astro black version, still have yellow tint...and they allow me to exchange

What color did you get. I heard the white version is not affected and wanted to know how true that was? I just ordered mine on friday (astro black) and recently asked them to change it to the white version.

Sorry quoted wrong person

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

My build date is 4-15-14 with absolutely no yellow tint. :cool:

What color did you get. I heard the white version is not affected and wanted to know how true that was? I just ordered mine on Friday (astro black) and recently asked them to change it to the white version.

Last edited:

tasar

Mar 17, 2007
My first one was a Midnight (build April 2014) with the yellow tint, send it back a get n new one in white (Build 19.05.2014) and it was worse then the first one.

Aug 7, 2010
What color did you get. I heard the white version is not affected and wanted to know how true that was? I just ordered mine on friday (astro black) and recently asked them to change it to the white version.

Sorry quoted wrong person

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

What color did you get. I heard the white version is not affected and wanted to know how true that was? I just ordered mine on Friday (astro black) and recently asked them to change it to the white version.
I got the midnight version.

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk

KapriQ

Feb 23, 2011
Today i received my Find7a White, and i can confirm YELLOW TINT, i am little bit angry but i was in hope i can get the batch without this issue.

platypus2308

May 10, 2011
Exactly the same for my. Astro Black manufactured 05.06.2014

i was considering buying the find7a astro black when i receive my 10% voucher but this yellow tint problem is making me reconsider :(

i recently bought another phone that i sent into RMA cause of a minor problem like that andit got stolen at the post ...
so i'd like to avoid sending back stuff :(

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
I was about to get the astro black but now I'll wait to see if they fix it or will go elsewhere. Running out of places though after OPO and OPPO, going to have to pay full whack

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
I can confirm that the white version is affected.
80% of devices have been reported to be affected.

Check the following thread on Oppo Forums: http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/oppo-find-7a-builds-affected-by-the-yellow-screen-issue.16645/

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

80% of devices have been reported to be affected which means 20% of users can't see it. EVERY Oppo 7a will have a yellow tint towards the bottom of the screen. The panel is edge lit from the bottom by LEDs which are much warmer in color than the default color temperature of the display. There does seem to be some variation of the effect perhaps due to manufacturing. I say this because I returned my 7a and agreed to have it replace (before researching and finding out it was a design issue rather than a manufacturing one). The replacement still had the yellow tint, but it was more evenly spread out rather than concentrated in the lower left corner like my original was. So if you're getting a replacement in the hopes that your new phone won't have a yellow tint on the bottom you'll be disappointed. A yellow tint towards the bottom is intrinsic with this display. Perhaps if you have a display with the tint more intense in the corner it would be worth rolling the dice to see if you get a replacement with more evenly distributed tint. I would still recommend this phone despite this problem. Also if the color temperature was made a little warmer the tint would all but vanish. I believe that's why the Find 7 and new OPOs have warmer displays. Even if I have to live with this tint, I still find it better than any of the other phones I was considering with on screen buttons. I'd rather have a little yellow tinge than the bottom of the screen replaced with a black nav bar.

potblack2win

Aug 20, 2008
London
it's the glue used to affix the LCD panel to the body of the phone.

when it heats up, it tends to leak onto the screen.*
LG reportedly replaced panels for those devices affected, with a new digitizer and panel, but it all depends on the workmanship of the assembler.

Sony apparently now uses glue that can withstand upto 70 degrees*

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Another maybe potential fix for the yellow tint:

This is the only bad advice I have ever seen on WHT, in fact I signed up just to post this.

I have 3 Nexus 5's in my household, I noticed the tint on the second one. Google offered me a replacement but I read that it could be the glue used on the screen. I still don't know what causes it but all you need to do is turn your brightness up to full for a few days.

On the second phone I turned the brightness up to full and left a video running overnight to make the screen hot. The third phone I just turned the brightness up and let it clear in it's own time.

All 3 phones now have lost their tint. The second one obviously cleared quicker than the others.

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
I bought the phone Find 7a from Bangalore, India. It was manufactured in May. IT has the yellow tint as well. I asked Oppo for a replacement, they are yet to get back to me.

But i have noticed that the tint is slowly fading away. I hope the tint goes off soon.

zajbzktt

Oct 26, 2010
I bought the phone Find 7a from Bangalore, India. It was manufactured in May. IT has the yellow tint as well. I asked Oppo for a replacement, they are yet to get back to me.

But i have noticed that the tint is slowly fading away. I hope the tint goes off soon.

Same here bought find 7a in Bangalore, has yellow tint. I went to the service centre they told they wont be able to replace the handset since it has been more than a week since its purchase (purchased on 16th June), so they would change/repair the screen free of cost under warranty. And it would take 15 days for the repair.

Also could any tell me if i use the phone with the yellow tint will it cause any display problems in the future.

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
Quick update. As someone mentioned in the forum before, i tried playing videos in loop at max brightness overnight and the yellow tint almost 80% of the yellow tint as disappeared. Only a negligible amount is left. I am gonna try doing the same tonight and will update you.

If it is not too much trouble, i would want to you try it too.

Reactions: Doomboss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it's the glue used to affix the LCD panel to the body of the phone.

when it heats up, it tends to leak onto the screen.*
    LG reportedly replaced panels for those devices affected, with a new digitizer and panel, but it all depends on the workmanship of the assembler.

Sony apparently now uses glue that can withstand upto 70 degrees*

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Another maybe potential fix for the yellow tint:

This is the only bad advice I have ever seen on WHT, in fact I signed up just to post this.

I have 3 Nexus 5's in my household, I noticed the tint on the second one. Google offered me a replacement but I read that it could be the glue used on the screen. I still don't know what causes it but all you need to do is turn your brightness up to full for a few days.

On the second phone I turned the brightness up to full and left a video running overnight to make the screen hot. The third phone I just turned the brightness up and let it clear in it's own time.

All 3 phones now have lost their tint. The second one obviously cleared quicker than the others.

Glad that i'm colorblind, so I won't be able to tell if mine is affected or not when I get it.. LOL :D
    ** Oppo Find 7 Yellow Tint (towards the bottom edge of the phones screen) **

Oppo China have made an official statement over customer concerns that the screen on the Find 7 and Find 7a has a yellowing issue.

Customers in China have been complaining to Oppo about yellowing Oppo Find 7 screens for weeks and now with many customers complaining that the issues are due to faults in the phone, Oppo have finally made an official statement concerning the matter.

According to Oppo their are two issues which are concerning Oppo Find 7 owners. The first is that many owners of the Find 7a have found the screen to appear more yellow along the bottom edge of the phone. Oppo claim the reason for this is due to more intense light in this area meaning the light does not display uniformly across the panel and are offering to test (and if necessary) replace phones.

The second issue affects the Oppo Find 7 (2K model) with customers complaining that the colours on the screen are more yellow and less realistic than those on the Find 7a. Oppo have said that they have released a software update which fixes this.

Those of you that seem to be affected by this issue.
    Do go about posting the build date of your phone, so we can repository on which builds are affected :good:
    Agree. The only thing I'll be replacing is the battery, once everything settles. The 7a is truly a remarkable phone. And this is coming from an ex HTC fanboy.:p

Agreed.
    The 7A costs around £330 which is a bargain compaired to the s5 and HTC one M8 £500+

The oneplus one is almost impossible to buy right now. The speakers on the device have been described as weak, and low.

As a brand I would rather trust oppo
    I can confirm that the white version is affected.
    80% of devices have been reported to be affected.

Check the following thread on Oppo Forums: http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/oppo-find-7a-builds-affected-by-the-yellow-screen-issue.16645/