[NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT - SEE OTHER THREAD] Linux on Xperia X1i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Lucleonhart

Dec 9, 2008
Great link cyberdesigner... But there is no Android link anymore. *ggg* ;)
@routeras: Well the android release was kinda useless so better waiting for the great guys getting the linux angstrom kernel to operate completely. *jeha* ^^

szlevi

Aug 22, 2006
New York, NY
no one is working for noobs/"production ROM" or things like that... look at your first question. nobody know when it will be done... but wasting time in answering such questions dosnt bring it closer to what you want...

take a look at dcordes sig...

--
cyberdesigner.net

So then why the **** are you writing these p!sshead stupid replies instead of crawling back to your Mom's cave?:rolleyes:

Despite your very little achievment here you're already coming across as one awfully arrogant, pigheaded little ugly nerd, that's for sure.

A

ARAN

So then why the **** are you writing these p!sshead stupid replies ...

I would say maybe becouse he wanted to be a friendly person by answering a open question that other people here has allready asked also a few times.

Remember please that in this forum here write people from different countrys with different cultural background different religions and differnet life experiences.

So cultural clashes are normal here.

Despite your very little achievment here ...

I am sorry to correct you but here are you totally wrong.

cyberdesigner.net is the person how has spended the most money for this project and is activly working to port linux to xperia x1.

From my side of view he is one of the 2% how are responsible that this side "xda-developers.com" is becoming such successfull.

defyeo

Jul 7, 2008
Is it really possible for Android and Linux to be stable with X1?

I can't wait for a stable Android for x1 if its possible!

FelixAkk

Nov 15, 2008
Bergen op Zoom
Yes it's very well possible, but you can tell it's not easy else it would have been done. The XPERIA chipset is also used in existing Android driven phones and Linux has already been ported to several other HTC devices if I am correct (remember, most of the production/development of the X1 has been managed by HTC, to xda-dev it's more an HTC device rather than an SE device)

Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment ARAN is also leading a separate effort to port Linux/Android to the X1?

At the moment SD card and hardware keyboard are working, the colour bug is fixed and output alignment has been fixed so that the image isn't upside down anymore? Phone is working but Wi-Fi isn't yet, right?

What's the centre/hub of the porting effort at the moment? For a while the TouchHD-Android thread seemed but I kinda lost track.

Could anyone here in this thread who really keeps track of the progress give us an update on these matters? Thank you.

aiv

Jun 26, 2009
At the moment SD card and hardware keyboard are working, the colour bug is fixed and output alignment has been fixed so that the image isn't upside down anymore? Phone is working but Wi-Fi isn't yet, right?

You are right.
At this moment:
- Guy with nickname "xperia" working on i2c driver for backlights. He created some patches for my kernel with auto rotation when you open keyboard, and other small fixes
- i'm working on problem with booting, and trying to run androind with my kernel (first from ram, second from sd card). Parallel i'll test some wifi drivers.

Maybe dcordes can tell more about other developers. I saw some information about running graphics environment.

I know that other persons/developers have free time, and are waiting for x1/kovsky/venus patch at linuxtogo git.

A

ARAN

Could anyone here in this thread who really keeps track of the progress give us an update on these matters? Thank you.

It is realy pitty to see such question here posted over and over again and i understand very well the critics about the bad information.

For answering such questions a wiki page is the best solution but it looks like that this must be a giant problem for the people here who want android to run on Xperia or they just dont want really to know what is the acctuall progress and status of the project.

Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment ARAN is also leading a separate effort to port Linux/Android to the X1?

We are working on separate End Products
but we use and work on the same sources for the computer operating system kernel.
I itself want a full working linux distro on my Xperia with all availble programms that exist for linux others want the newest and freshest on the market like android.

Last edited:

szlevi

Aug 22, 2006
New York, NY
I am sorry to correct you but here are you totally wrong.

cyberdesigner.net is the person how has spended the most money for this project and is activly working to port linux to xperia x1.

From my side of view he is one of the 2% how are responsible that this side "xda-developers.com" is becoming such successfull.

It's somehow funny to learn that even the most basic testing makes you such a hero here... :p

FelixAkk

Nov 15, 2008
Bergen op Zoom
It is realy pitty to see such question here posted over and over again and i understand very well the critics about the bad information.

For answering such questions a wiki page is the best solution but it looks like that this must be a giant problem for the people here who want android to run on Xperia or they just dont want really to know what is the acctuall progress and status of the project.

Wow sorry, didn't expect you to backfire that much. But I do agree, it's not up to the developers to inform curious spectators over and over again. I'd like to see myself as a little more devoted then a no-brainer spectator though ;)

And I'm surprised that there isn't an article covering this like the other devices. Since this seems like a good opportunity for me to contribute something useful, I'll from now on try to actively maintain a Wiki on the effort so from now on X1 users can be referred to that for basic and thorough information.

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Kovsky Linux

I'll start by instancing the Raphael_Linux and Blackstone_Linux articles so it covers the same ground and updating it. I'm not a developer so I'll probably have some errors in it at start. Hope we'll stay in touch, so we can keep all the info up to date and correct.

ps. I'm gonna ask a mod to close this thread so it can rest in peace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.