Finally, Micro HDMI Adapters!!

Search This thread

topdnbass

Jan 13, 2009
It has been a long wait but two of these adapters have popped up on ebay..
The question is to trust or not to trust :p

DSC05109.JPG

Seems pretty awesome huh!

This seller has no feedback!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Angled-adapter-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5cf99471

For a little more you can get it from a slightly more reliable seller.
Even has a picture of it being used with the evo :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/XT800-HTC-EVO-M...ultDomain_0&hash=item2eae668ca4#ht_3238wt_822

The thing is both adapters look exactly the same!
Has anyone found a better source??

Here's another one, that isn't angled.
I actually think this one is better, wish I had held out now =(
P7210073.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-HDMI-Type...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f01a85dd0

Turns out they're from Amzer..
funny that I can't find it on their website though.
http://www.amzer.com/HTC/HTC-EVO-4G-accessories.htm

Last edited:

TambourineMan

Mar 22, 2006
Kinda pricey.

Since I already have a micro HDMI to standard HDMI male, I went with a pass thru standard female HDMI to standard female HDMI for $1.50 shipped.

OneStepAhead

May 2, 2009
Madison, WI
diztronic.com
nice find! i'll bite from the seller with no feedback, eBay protection has us covered anyway

don't forget 8% off with bing cashback if you pay with paypal. take advantage of it while you can, it ends at the end of the month.

Last edited:

topdnbass

Jan 13, 2009
nice find! i'll bite from the seller with no feedback, eBay protection has us covered anyway

don't forget 8% off with bing cashback if you pay with paypal. take advantage of it while you can, it ends at the end of the month.

I signed up for bing, got the cheaper one and saved 55 cents :D
Let's hope this goes well.
At least were in it together :p

Impulses

May 19, 2010
Guaynabo
I'm in for one as well, altho I ordered from the seller that had some feedback (40-something), so if I don't get it soon I'll be back ASAP to find out if you guys got yours. :p I'll let ya know how it goes either way, I hadn't even seen the thread when I jumped on it, I saw the link on one of the older threads about HDMI cables.

I really wanted this for traveling, even tho chances are I won't use it much, at 'least I'll have the option of using the EVO's HDMI-out without having to carry another HDMI cable. I already carry a standard HDMI cable that I can use for my laptop and for my camera (with an adapter as well). I don't mind the 90 degree angle as much as the size, looks pretty big, we'll see.

Last edited:

Impulses

May 19, 2010
Guaynabo
Micro HDMI, otherwise known as Type D (mini is Type C)... Hence why we need this, and why finding the proper cable was such a pain initially (unless you wanted to pay 3-4x what it's worth at the Sprint store or Best Buy).

There was a third seller with these adapters at some point on Ebay btw, the link in the thread I alluded to before pointed to that seller... Apparently he's out, and the seller I got it from has sold at 'least one of 'em (it's in his feedback), so there's already a few people out there that has tried it out, heh. FWIW

th3b055

Feb 24, 2009
San Antonio
Hard to tell from that pic, but think that we'll be able to use the micro-usb to charge the phone at the same time? That device looks bulky to me

topdnbass

Jan 13, 2009
The new one I added to the OP isn't angled.
It looks like it would definitely work alongside USB.

Damnit! Why couldn't I wait a few days..

strung

Mar 24, 2010
I would get the cable. That bulky thing will probably snap off your HDMI port.

Impulses

May 19, 2010
Guaynabo
I got the angled one today, have you guys gotten yours? I think we ordered from different sellers... I'm surprised I got it this quick, must've made it from HK to Puerto Rico in just over a week! I briefly tested it this afternoon, the pics in the gallery and videos shot with the phone itself displayed perfectly on my Vizio HDTV using some cheap HDMI cable I had lying around.

It seemed like it wasn't gonna work when I first got into the gallery, but once you click on slideshow or playback the output comes up on the TV and you get some controls on the EVO. A notification also shows up on your EVO's notification shade when you hook up the cable btw, and an HDMI icon stays up there until the cable's unplugged.

I forgot to test it with YouTube, I'll get to it later and report...

I can hook up the angled HDMI adapter at the same time as a retractable USB cable that has a pretty slim plug btw, but the fit is really really snug, I wouldn't wanna use it like that all the time, YMMV. I actually went ahead and ordered the non-angled one you posted too, I figure I'll toss that one on my travel bag and I'll leave the other one at home.

I would get the cable. That bulky thing will probably snap off your HDMI port.

The angled one plugs in securely and it doesn't feel like it's gonna damage the port at all unless you yank on it like a savage, but the angle w/the cable coming at you is pretty awkward, if it was angled in the opposite direction it'd be more natural... You could hold the EVO parallel to the ground and have the cable go straight down. I guess if you were gonna lay it down on it's screen this would be fine but then you have no access to playback controls.

Oh and I can plug in the angled adapter with a TPU case just fine, the TPU cases have a pretty minor edge/lip around the ports tho. I can try it later w/the Sprint silicon gel if anyone's interested, or I can post a pic of the small plug on my retractable USB cable. I'm pretty sure the OEM cable wouldn't fit alongside it, since it has a much wider edge around the plug.

Impulses

May 19, 2010
Guaynabo
Alright, here's some of the retractable USB cable I mentioned that I was able to plug in a the same time as the adapter... If you want to see a pic of both of 'em plugged into my EVO simultaneously lemme know and I'll get my camera and take one later (I took these w/the EVO itself).

The original EBay listings have been updated w/more pics of the angled adapter than what they had when I originally ordered it, but at this point I'd just go w/the straight one, even tho I don't think it has any less of an edge than the angled one.

They both look pretty thick, if you're gonna be playing full length movies off your EVO you might just wanna charge it beforehand. :p

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 142

topdnbass

Jan 13, 2009
I received it today!

I must say I am definitely pleased..

First of all it works. No problems with youtube, gallery, or anything else (yet)
Also, I thought i would hate the strange angle but I learned not only to like it but love it.

How could that possibly be, you ask? (one handed control! lol. If anythings gonna break the port it's this)
5yrkw8.png

Also the standard usb fits in the port comfortably for me.
2n1yjnl.jpg

Overall it's sturdy, well made, and i've had 0 problems so far.
That said, i'd still go with the non-angled if i had the choice.

Sorry about the big pictures, they were taken in all their 8MP glory using a second evo. I did a little resizing.

P.S. This works exactly like any other hdmi cord/adapter. You can view pictures in gallery using slideshow, videos on youtube work (although I think htc needs to work on nailing down the 720p concept :p), and videos work great.

Last edited:

Impulses

May 19, 2010
Guaynabo
Yikes, I'd be scared to hold it like that! I'll have to try the OEM cord at some point, maybe I had the wrong impression and it's actually got less of a border than the retractable one I was testing with. Just bought an extra 6-ft red HDMI cable off MonoPrice for like $5 shipped, cheapest I could find it locally was $20, can't believe they still sell for that much, sigh.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts