[Q] Evo 3D (GSM) rooting @ HBoot 1.49.0018

Search This thread
P

phantom5

HeyHou,
I'm very new to this forum ( this is my 1st post :p), but i had visited this forum many times before...

now i have a problem: last week i bought a evo 3d gsm from amazon...
i unlocked the bottloader with the htc unlock methid - everything fine...

then i tried to "root" it but it didnt work... ( i'm very new and i only know how to jailbreak iphones, lol) - i followed this two toturials, bot none worked:
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1372913
]
==>I have no acces to mmcblk0p31.img
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1316578
==> it simply doesn't work, lol

photo in attachment.

Can anyone help me..?

Last edited:

phatronic

Jan 27, 2011
Vienna
I found a solution for my problem, maybe it can help you aswell?
My goal was to have a rooted EVO 3D with LeeDroid's Custom ROM on it.

1.) Use HTC Super Tool v3 to root your phone! (Just follow the on-screen steps)

2.) Download Rom Manager from the market and install CWM Recovery

3.) Now you can flash a custom ROM on your device

---------------------------------------------------------------
You still have have the same Hboot version and S-on (I tried to attempt S-Off with super tool, but i got an error message)
but your phone is rooted and you have CWM on it! ;)

geordie 34

Nov 18, 2008
Guys guys download the ruu from the stickies in dev forum for your device run it will downgrade your bootloader to 1.49.007 then root with HTC supertool then allowing you to unlock bootloader with rev rather than htcdev so you can lock it again without the relock sign means if you want to go back to stock re run ruu takes out cwm then take the ota update back to stock locked bootloader not relocked did post a thread about this but as usual I just get ingnored

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA Premium App

Reactions: phatronic

phatronic

Jan 27, 2011
Vienna
Guys guys download the ruu from the stickies in dev forum for your device run it will downgrade your bootloader to 1.49.007 then root with HTC supertool then allowing you to unlock bootloader with rev rather than htcdev so you can lock it again without the relock sign means if you want to go back to stock re run ruu takes out cwm then take the ota update back to stock locked bootloader not relocked did post a thread about this but as usual I just get ingnored

I downloaded this file "PG86IMG" than I put it on my sd-card and I tried to install it with hboot. No change at all, maybe I have to relock the bootloader?

Or is there another way to "install" the RUU?

geordie 34

Nov 18, 2008
I downloaded this file "PG86IMG" than I put it on my sd-card and I tried to install it with hboot. No change at all, maybe I have to relock the bootloader?

Or is there another way to "install" the RUU?

The guide is above yet again

honeybal

Mar 16, 2012
hy

First of all im glad that i found someone like me Hboot 1.49.0018. After of 1 week of searching something that to work my htc evo 3d, i dont find nothing.

Also i unlocked my phone but here im stuck. Itried to flash my phone but it doesnt enters in recovery

Pls post a solutian for our problems, and make it from scratch, cuz personally im noobie.

10x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.