[GAME]Pokemon-STYLE Game (still in dev) :Phonster

Search This thread

ronandroid

Apr 14, 2012
favarsinfo.free.fr
Hi all,

i am just releasing a pokemon type game named Phonster
In this game, YOU are Ash... YOU have to move around your home /your world to catch pokemon (i change the name to Phonster : Phone Monster for not having problem with Nintendo ;))

So you begin the game with 1 of 3 kind of pokemon : water, earth, fire and you have to complete a pokedex
By now the features already available are :

Catch a phonster
Raise his level by defeating other phonster
Learn new attacks when you reach a level
Evolve to 2nd and 3rd generation (not for everyone) when lvl required is reached (or when leveling when carrying an item<= not finished)
Trade phonster via internet connection

Actually the game is in french AND english (depending on the language of your androphone), available since 2.0 android version (apk10 to be exact)
Website is still in french.

If i post today, it's for some reason :
- i need some person to confirm my english translation in the game
- i seek someone to translate in english the whole internet site (seek for Phonster on google (not play store!) to find the site)
- i seek someone who will have a little bit more of graphic abilities than mine (check the website, you will understand what i mean ;))
- if someone feel it, other translation (german, italian, etc...) are welcomed
- and the most of all... i seek users who will like to trade, xp, etc... their phonster ! :)

Futures features:
- Breeding phonster to have babies
- Tournament (on the internet website)
- every idea are welcomed !

(and please excuse if my sentence are not grammaticaly correct...i'm french :))
A good explanation, with pictures, etc here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36495115&postcount=13

BE CAREFUL : My game is not yet on the play store (ex google market) !If you found it on the market, don't pay for it this is a scam !!!
the GOOD link (and always uptodate) can be found here http://www.myphonster.com/

Actual version is 0.74

Last edited:

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
Hi all,

In this game, YOU are Ash... YOU have to move around your home /your world to catch pokemon (i change the name to Phonster : Phone Monster for not having problem with Nintendo ;))

So you begin the game with 1 of 3 kind of pokemon : water, earth, fire and you have to complete a pokedex

Catch a phonster
Evolve to 2nd and 3rd generation (not for everyone) when lvl required is reached (or when leveling when carrying an item<= not finished)

Actually the game is in french AND english (depending on the language of your androphone), available since 2.0 android version (apk10 to be exact)

- i seek someone to translate in english the whole internet site (seek for Phonster on google (not play store!) to find the site)
- i seek someone who will have a little bit more of graphic abilities than mine (check the website, you will understand what i mean ;))
- and the most of all... i seek users who will like to trade, xp, etc... their phonster ! :)

Futures features:

No links lol? Wouldn't mind trying it out

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Reactions: THeLogiC

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
As a new user i'm unable to post any link :'(
so...maybe you can seek on google "phonster" and "android" and you will find lot of site speaking about my game
(dealabs, android-software, pokebip)
and in every one, you have the link to my website (and to the apk too)

My "society" (alone ...) is named favarsinfo ... (if it can help XD)

(or check my profile : contact info :))

Why not link it in ur signature.???

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

frenzyboi

May 11, 2012
Found it on Google.
http://www.android-software.fr/phonster

Download link :
http://favarsinfo.free.fr/apk/Phonster.apk

Phonster1-144x240.jpg

Phonster3.jpg
Phonster11.jpg
Phonster5.jpg
Phonster2.jpg
Phonster12.jpg
Phonster8.jpg
Phonster13.jpg

Google Translate:
This game is currently in Alpha version was created by the developer in the same idea that Pokémon type game, but this time on Android.
In principle, you play as a hunter so Phonster (equivalent Pokemons in the world today) and, as Sacha Bourg-palette, you will travel the world to catch these monsters.
Using a mobile device Android equipped with a GPS, you should survey your area to fight and capture monsters, evolve and become the best trainer Phonster.

To describe the game itself even the Phonsters appear in a radius of 500 meters around you, and if you move too far away they will disappear, while others will replace them.

The game runs in stand-alone, that is to say that once started and the first game created with an Internet connection, you will not need it to play. The game will not download the Google Map, but you can always find and play. Once recovered Wifi, you can at this point start international trade, etc.).
- Safari: launch safari
- DEX: Displays the equivalent of the Pokedex
- Belt: Phonster see what you take with you
- Shop: not yet available
- Check lises update: check for updates if available
- New Part (a zero discount) restart a new game, with loss of dex, belt, etc..

Safari:
When you click this button, you will see a Google Map. On it will then appear depending on your location (determined by GPS or GSM) 6 Phonsters within a radius of 500 meters.

On the screenshot below you can see:
- An arena (if reached level 10)
- 3 exclamation points, which symbolize Phonster you have not seen yet (not caught either)
- A Phonster purple, bottom right (Phonster just seen but not caught)
- A green circle indicates the area of ​​the net capture the most potent (50, 100 or 200 meters). You can see one Phonster nearby, it will be closer to capture.

View the rest on the website.

ronandroid

Apr 14, 2012
favarsinfo.free.fr
not on the play store because it costs 25$ ... and as an inde, i'm not "able" (my wife will not agree :p) to buy an account... (for now)
and as the game is still in alpha, i choose to not put it on the store

if players are happy and the game is really used, maybe i will pit it on the store...
but by now, as nobody is trading monster on the website, i'm asking me if i should continue to dev it or not
we are 60 players (... i mean, 60 to have it downloaded and created an account...) and nobody put any on trade...
maybe no one access to the website... or maybe should i put the code in the apps for trading...
(but you will "loose" something not trying the website in the future...)

Oh, and Thanks frenzyboi for the link :)
(as i'm unable to put link for now...)

Last edited:

ronandroid

Apr 14, 2012
favarsinfo.free.fr
New release

I've just post a new version (69) and modify a little bit the internet website
some bug correction
some better display (removing of some debug data)
etc...
on the website, i have made some change on the trading part (to access, click on "Mon compte" <=my account)

Actually 60 users have created an account and (i'm sure that, at least) 6 users are playing the game since last update...yes this not a lot... but i'm expecting a lot more if YOU speak about this game to your friend how like pokemon and have an android mobile ;)

have fun :)
and don't be afraid to tell me if you have any problem, any request or if you want to help with english translation

Roundtableprez

Jun 27, 2011
The fact that you literally have to get up and.go outside to catch the monsters is kinda crazy. Maybe that's why. Overall I like it though.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

ronandroid

Apr 14, 2012
favarsinfo.free.fr
The fact that you literally have to get up and.go outside to catch the monsters is kinda crazy. Maybe that's why. Overall I like it though.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Yes, this is crazy, and this is what i really want for this game... put the gamer OUT of their home :)
as an "ex" fat boy (i was 122Kg and now "only" 96) exercice is the better way to lose and keep in shape (with a good meal too...)... so have a game that make me go outside is the best for me (and i found the concept via the game "Spectrek" but nothing really "interesting" except catching ghost...once the ghost is caught, you have nothing more to do)
That why i seek for a pokemon game on the market, but as i was unable to found any... so i just decide to make it (and to please my daughter who loves pokemon since she saw the movies :))

However, V70 is online, some other bug correction, debug mode removed, etc...
Next step will be to put every "French string" hard coded in the "string.xml" file so every one will have his version in his own language (i apologyse for the convenience to have french text even if you wet your smartphone in english language)...
Don't be afraid to tell me any problem, any request, any improvment via twitter "phonster" or via email (see the game) or via this forum or other forum you can found on google speaking about phonster :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Catch a phonster

Futures features:

A good explanation, with pictures, etc here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36495115&postcount=13

BE CAREFUL : My game is not yet on the play store (ex google market) !If you found it on the market, don't pay for it this is a scam !!!
    the GOOD link (and always uptodate) can be found here http://www.myphonster.com/

Actual version is 0.74
    Found it on Google.
    http://www.android-software.fr/phonster

Download link :
    http://favarsinfo.free.fr/apk/Phonster.apk

Phonster1-144x240.jpg

Phonster3.jpg
    Phonster11.jpg
    Phonster5.jpg
    Phonster2.jpg
    Phonster12.jpg
    Phonster8.jpg
    Phonster13.jpg

Google Translate:
    This game is currently in Alpha version was created by the developer in the same idea that Pokémon type game, but this time on Android.
    In principle, you play as a hunter so Phonster (equivalent Pokemons in the world today) and, as Sacha Bourg-palette, you will travel the world to catch these monsters.
    Using a mobile device Android equipped with a GPS, you should survey your area to fight and capture monsters, evolve and become the best trainer Phonster.

To describe the game itself even the Phonsters appear in a radius of 500 meters around you, and if you move too far away they will disappear, while others will replace them.

The game runs in stand-alone, that is to say that once started and the first game created with an Internet connection, you will not need it to play. The game will not download the Google Map, but you can always find and play. Once recovered Wifi, you can at this point start international trade, etc.).
    - Safari: launch safari
    - DEX: Displays the equivalent of the Pokedex
    - Belt: Phonster see what you take with you
    - Shop: not yet available
    - Check lises update: check for updates if available
    - New Part (a zero discount) restart a new game, with loss of dex, belt, etc..

Safari:
    When you click this button, you will see a Google Map. On it will then appear depending on your location (determined by GPS or GSM) 6 Phonsters within a radius of 500 meters.

On the screenshot below you can see:
    - An arena (if reached level 10)
    - 3 exclamation points, which symbolize Phonster you have not seen yet (not caught either)
    - A Phonster purple, bottom right (Phonster just seen but not caught)
    - A green circle indicates the area of ​​the net capture the most potent (50, 100 or 200 meters). You can see one Phonster nearby, it will be closer to capture.

View the rest on the website.
    New release tonight ! (v86 / V87 for nightly)
    As i told you, some great change on this version !
    - Some news in design*
    - update button is now in "settings" (i have a little bug here, there is no more "popup" to tell you something is working in background)
    - You now have a message if you have not send for on internet
    - fighting system totally recreated, with an "IA"(who can fly, fight and heal himself 1 time if needed)
    --- you can now heal another phonster that's not on the floor while in fight
    --- you now have a lifebar
    --- you now have a chance of critical and miss (opponent too)
    --- XP is now equally dispatched between every phonster who take place in the fight and who are still alive at the end of the fight
    (you can't fly from fighting...little bug sorry, but you can still press back button ;D)

*Thanks to Odysseus for his help in all the design
    The game will be available maybe soon on the market, but for the moment, please visit http://www.myphonster.com (and be sure you have activated "unknown source" in your settings <= an howto is available on my website)
    Is this development same with this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2082508

Sent From Walk-MAN By Using Thumbs To Your Retina

Absolutely nothing to see with this game.
    The game you mention is a "plateform game"
    Mine is a "GPS run" (maybe i will have to register this term... ;))