[Q] run android 4.0 apps on gingerbread

Search This thread

yamenma

Nov 30, 2013
hi ! Members
pleas :laugh: is there is any way to run android 4.0 apps on gingerbread and thanks :D

Last edited:

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Running Android 4.0 on Gingerbread doesn't particularly make any sense.
What you really mean is, is there any way to run Android 4.0 on your phone? Assuming it's a yes, yes it is possible. It all comes down to what phone you have and if your phone has aftermarket firmware or official updates of the newer os.

If you want the feel of Android 4.0 then j suggest you download a launcher called "Holo Launcher" from the Play Store™.

If that's not what you want, and you want the full package, whole android update of 4.0 then yeah as said. It comes down to your device if it had enough support from members here or the manufacturer itself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: yamenma

yamenma

Nov 30, 2013
What you really mean is, is there any way to run Android 4.0 on your phone? Assuming it's a yes, yes it is possible. It all comes down to what phone you have and if your phone has aftermarket firmware or official updates of the newer os.

If not then the answer is no.

i forget to write apps i mean is there is any way to run app which require android 4 to run on gingerbread

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
If that is the case then no, android 4.0 uses new API, and therefore it will not work on gingerbread. If you attempt to install an Android 4.0 app it will come up with and error "problem parsing package".

So once again, nope, you cannot install android 4.0 ( ICS ) Apps on gingerbread.

Reactions: yamenma

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
There are Applications on the Play Store which is from new android platforms, but will work on older platforms. Search for ICS messaging, camera, gallery. From there you'll find more. And no worries.

Also keep track about the info given fro aftermarket Roms, as developers try to fix everything and soon enough most of the bugs are gone and the ROM can be used a a daily driver.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want the feel of Android 4.0 then j suggest you download a launcher called "Holo Launcher" from the Play Store™.

If that's not what you want, and you want the full package, whole android update of 4.0 then yeah as said. It comes down to your device if it had enough support from members here or the manufacturer itself.

If that is the case then no, android 4.0 uses new API, and therefore it will not work on gingerbread. If you attempt to install an Android 4.0 app it will come up with and error "problem parsing package".

So once again, nope, you cannot install android 4.0 ( ICS ) Apps on gingerbread.

my phone is samsung gt-5360 but i can't find real ics with no bugs thanks for you so much krishneelg3